Logan McOwen

Hero Factory 2013

Can somebody post a photo with Krahkanuva mask with a brain slug, please? I don't own any of the brains and I would like to see this. I wouldn't mind any of possible connections.

Do you mean Takanuva's mask or Teridax's mask. Or do you mean the mask from the Ultimate Dume set?

This is not necessarily confirmation that this character will play a role in the main story. The Secret Mission books are side-stories and have already had several characters who never appeared in the main story. This character seems a lot more likely to be in the main story than most of the others, just by virtue of being a villain with a vague physical description rather than a civilian or neutral party, but that's not the same as confirmation.

Your right. For all we know, this villain could be in a Yet to be released Secret Mission Book.

Went to the Build a Hero Thing. They only had Villain parts (Fail.) They also had a display with Dragon Bolt and Aquagon. Speaking of which, I got DB.

Also got the July Club Issue. Had a pic of a Brainless Dragon Bolt vs. Jet Rocka.

That's it, besides the cover? Yeesh, they don't know how to advertise, do they. Ah well, better than nothing.

That's it, besides the cover? Yeesh, they don't know how to advertise, do they. Ah well, better than nothing.

There is a contest. You win $100. Plus 4 pages of Chima, And one of the CHI Figures, Showing off Laval's brown face.

Muuuch better. I'll look forward to seeing that whenever I can claim the mail after vacation (or just wait for the digital version; they're getting a lot better about putting that up quickly.

Edit: ALSO. Thank you, LEGO, for actually qualifying what alternate universes are in Hero Factory. So much appreciation right now.

Edited by Dorek

Alternate realities? Yesssss.... So much yes...

I really like those ideas. Especially the evil Hero Factory ones. Dictator Stormer in particular.

One thing does stand out: "Von Nebula ruled unchallenged until the attack of the evil brains". Though these are alternate dimensions and we can't make assumptions about the main dimension based on these, this still brings up the possibility that the Brain Attack was not orchestrated by Von Nebula in the main dimension as some people think.

Still. Interesting, to say the least.

Kalhiki

That one in particular is the one detailed in Mirror World; specifically, the brains are creatures that developed organically, and were not created, so Von Nebula is still a viable option, but that's a good way of looking at things.

Those alternate universes sound really interesting. I'd be interested to learn more about the Justice Apex, and to see Von Nebula as the leader of Hero Factory! that'd be great. I hope some more will be revealed eventually but this seems like a one off for now. I don't really follow the "Missions" books and the like, but have all of these alternate universes appeared in them, or is it just a few?

Edited by Rocketbilly

Just Reality 11275.6 in the last Secret Mission book. I doubt they're going to do more of them in such a prominent way, but since they're Greg's specialty, as it were, I definitely wouldn't rule it out. I just appreciate that they actually bothered to acknowledge what they were, and give us a way to understand it.

Edited by Dorek

Lol, not again... I think just Nebula City and Nebula as a hero sounds interesting. The other ones are too shoddy.

I think many of them are probably just meant to pique kids' imaginations, not to be thoroughly explored in the official story. Which is pretty neat, I'd say.

Justice Apex MOCs, anyone? XD

Ooh, me likey! Cool alternate dimensions. Anyone think there will be more? I like how at the end they encourage kids to make their own. :classic:

I think many of them are probably just meant to pique kids' imaginations, not to be thoroughly explored in the official story. Which is pretty neat, I'd say.

They even hardly explore the main story :c I know, I know there are these mission books but for example they put up making new comics or 2 tv episodes for a year. I know that it's caused by financial ups and downs but they could make the storyline more advanced.

They even hardly explore the main story :c I know, I know there are these mission books but for example they put up making new comics or 2 tv episodes for a year. I know that it's caused by financial ups and downs but they could make the storyline more advanced.

Not just financial ups and downs, but also by a measure of what works and what doesn't. Perhaps they found that the Hero Factory comics they've done just haven't been as popular or had as big an impact on sales as the BIONICLE or Ninjago comics had. Comics, TV episodes, and the like are indeed expensive and time-consuming to produce, but even if they're doing well financially they want to use whatever budget they have responsibly. It's probably similar to the reason why BIONICLE never got in-depth adventure games like MNOG and MNOGII after around 2003. With a hectic production schedule and new marketing potential being discovered in the form of books and movies, they were no longer deemed an efficient use of resources.

Currently, it seems like Hero Factory has discovered newfound success in two categories: chapter books and gaming. There are far more Hero Factory books coming out this year compared to previous years. Last year had two readers and two chapter books, and previous years just had mini guides that weren't even released in most countries, but this year we've got at least three chapter books, two readers, a guide book, and a sticker book. Additionally, the Breakout web game and mobile game seem to have been successful (and influenced set sales very directly and measurably through Hero Codes), so this year there have been two new Hero Factory mobile apps (Brainify, which is less of a game and more of an interactive widget, and Brain Attack, which seems to have a lot of money and marketing being pumped in its direction). The new "timeline" style of the website also seems to be geared towards tablets and mobile devices, and it wouldn't surprise me if that, too, was in response to the success of the Breakout mobile app.

In contrast, the profile of the TV episodes seems to have been reduced, with this year's reduced to just a 22-minute webisode, and I don't believe we've had any comics. The TV episodes may start to see more significant investment next year with Advance and Ghost handling things, but as far as we've heard it's still going to be just one 22-minute episode for the year.

The movie rumors, if they actually end up amounting to anything, might lead to additional shuffling of resources further on down the road. But I don't know if much stock can be put in those since the most news we heard was that Universal and a few writers were "interested" in doing a Hero Factory movie. They were in talks with LEGO, apparently, but there was never any confirmation that those talks went anywhere. All in all, how LEGO invests in Hero Factory from a storytelling perspective will depend almost entirely on what they expect to be profitable.

Having just come off a Doctor Who binge, the alt universe thing is humorously relevant for me.

It looks like the new HF sets will be released next week in Germany. So you won't have to wait any longer for reviews.

(unless you are waiting for a review of Jet Rocka)

Edited by ZORK64

So. Justice Apex, Nebula City, Nebbie never turning evil, galactic dictators and Zib shutting down Hero Factory.

Who's up for making MOCs of these? I know I might make a heroic leader Von Nebula. No other ideas, but I might give him a cape.