I got one today too. :sweet: Great little gift. I wont use it as a key chain in order not to damage it, but I wont sell it either. I'll keep it in my collection until I find a use for it. There must be something one can do with an awesome chrome red minifig! :grin:

Brickset reports that these were sent to "the most active and engaged VIP members based on a list of criteria including purchase frequency". I spent over $700 at the Lego Store in the past year with 1 or 2 purchases every 1-2 months. It seems that this met the criteria.

Anyway, thanks to TLG for this nice gift! :thumbup:

From Kim Thomsen at TLG:

After Brickset posted news on the chrome red minifig keychain, it was percieved as if the keychain was/is being sent to all VIPs in NA and EU.

That is sadly not entirely true.

Clarification regarding the VIP Key Chain Valentine Card campaign. This is not a general offer, but a limited mailing to our most active and engaged VIP Members based on a list of criteria including purchase frequency.

I was chuffed to bits to receive one; an awesome surprise and it really made my day. :classic:

I got mine today too, its nice but i'll probably use it for a custom figure like I did the gold one!

Why has the poster below me got part of what I said as his custom title? :sceptic:

It feels a bit like someone's mocking the way I posted, which isn't very nice. I was only expressing my happiness at receiving a cool surprise from Lego in the post. :sad:

Why has the poster below me got part of what I said as his custom title? :sceptic:

It feels a bit like someone's mocking the way I posted, which isn't very nice. I was only expressing my happiness at receiving a cool surprise from Lego in the post. :sad:

Only staff members can change member titles and (when I checked before posting this) no staff member had visited charlieboy's profile recently, so I expect it's just a coincidence.

Thanks for looking, Rick. :classic: I knew it wasn't Charlieboy (I found the FAQ about custom titles), so I appreciate you looking into it.

It's been a tough day, and I couldn't work out why someone had picked up on it and had seemingly made a joke out of it. Evidently Charlie and I must use similar language. :laugh::classic:

Over the past year we've spent over £1000 on Lego through S@H or retail store, so does anyone think there's a good chance I will get one?

I got one today as well! I did not get an invite to the "Black Friday" event last year, so I must not be one of the biggest spender's.

The chrome-red mini is really nice and like others, I have no intention of selling it. I would like to use it sometime, but I'm not sure I want to disassemble the keychain.

Andy D

Got this in the mail today and since I was unaware LEGO was sending these out I came here to see if anyone was talking about it. I was surprised I missed this topic! I also got an invite to the Pre-Black Friday, so I must be doing something right. I admit I do spend a lot on LEGO, so that must be taken into account. I've also recently used SAH more often, so maybe that helps. I guess I better make a LEGO run next week to make sure I stay on their list!

Just got mine yesterday -- what a nice little surprise! I had no idea VIP members got free stuff; thought it was just for points and the occasional discount coupon. :-)

Just got one in the mail - must have arrived yesterday. Very cool little figure. Looks just like the VIP minifigure and being red, has that Valentine's Day appeal.

I know there's been mention of these being sent out based on spending habits since Black Friday and in checking my account, I've spent $384 in that time. I guess it might stand to reason the cut-off might be $350 or less.

Hey, I got one too! It's better than the pictures! The active thing makes sense, because I picked up the Holiday Cottage, Helm's Deep, Mines of Moria, and Bag End all in December.

I received one yesterday too. I was surprised to get one so I assumed they were sending it out to all VIP members, but that isn't the truth. I spent over $1000 last year through S@H and the retail store, but the last purchase I made was in October and I didn't get an invite to the Black Friday deal either. So I don't know how they determine their criteria. I didn't spend any money since October at LEGO, so I don't think they necessarily take that into consideration.

Edit: I forgot to mention, my 3 year old ended up wanting it and playing with it. (I just want to make people cringe). But eBay is selling for about $25-30 if anyone is interested in purchasing one for whatever reason.

Edited by TheLegoDr

I got mine on Tuesday. I think I spent over $500 last year.

I'm not a fan of keychains so I removed them. Like I did with my gold chrome keychain.

lego_v10.jpg

Edited by Solscud007