Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Heartlake Heartbreak - Conclusion: Still Alive

WBD, you're just sour I blocked you on night one, I had you totally figured out :tongue:

Hey I gave you credit :tongue: but it was a good block and I know we (the scum) made some bone-headed moves. Just my luck too that I got the killer role right off the bat after Ragnarok's debacle.

Exactly the point, if there's a weapon out there that can guarantee a town loss and you're not town, harness it! :laugh:

Indeed. :sweet:

It should be mentioned that as Hinck said above, my welcome for him was after my departure. I posted it before I was officially out of the game and from that point it was all the surviving members making the decisions, this was not one of those games where departed players continue to work with their team. Eventually (fairly quickly), I decided to just trust them completely and stopped reading the Cult pm at all, watching things as the developed here like any other player, it was a lot more fun that way. Plus it was the only way to maintain a bit of sanity as I imagine they had a few freak-out moments along the way. :laugh:

It's true. He got the last word (:tongue:) and then read it up until Christmas Eve and then didn't stop by again until today when we won...

I would just like to point out one more thing that's been bothering me since I don't want anyone to get confused. Animals are not people, too. That's why we eat them.

That's what's been bothering you? :hmpf: That's why we didn't convert you. Prejudiced megablocks. :tongue:

I would just like to point out one more thing that's been bothering me since I don't want anyone to get confused. Animals are not people, too. That's why we eat them.

That's what's been bothering you? :hmpf: That's why we didn't convert you. Prejudiced megablocks. :tongue:

:roflmao:

On a related note, this post almost killed me on day 1, highlighted for emphasis.

OK, everyone! Whoever is atrociously horrid enough to kill these sweet, beautiful horses. I brought another expirement. If we feed it to everyone, it should work as a lie detector. A communication-with-the-spirits treat is also in the works. Unfortunately, there is about a 15% chance of both treats working. And my lie detector treats taste very foul, and may cause severe vomiting when eaten. But that's what veterinarians are for! If anyone gets sick, just see me! Humans are animals too, you know.

For just a moment, I considered asking if that was the name of a cult. :laugh:

Oh, wow, Shadows, what a coincidence!!!

OK, so I have some explaining to do about the whole situation involving my lynch. My first post about the cookies didn't even cross my mind about it being a claim, and I was referencing that picture where I fed the animals those apples. def then messaged me about the lie detector and told me how to use it, but since I couldn't be as active as I wanted, and couldn't read his instructions in time, I asked him to help, thinking he was giving me his lunch. I only continued because of that. When he messaged me back, saying he thought I had a detector, I was frustrated, because if I had a detector, wouldn't it be explained in my role PM? He did acknowledge that it was a misunderstanding in thread, but it was too late, and I was well on my way to being lynched, so after convincing some people I was ton (Danny and Hinck), I was thankful enough that Fred and Danny tried to help steer the lynch away from me, but I know everyone else wouldn't believe them, especially because the whole situation was bugging Hinck and everyone else, so I just basically said "megabluck this", did a few rants, and accepted my defeat. Well, that's it. If there is anything else that needs to be clarified, just say so. :classic:

Def himself let an SK win with town in Witchbreed; I was under the impression it was standard practice to do so!!!

The was the first and only time, for the reasons I stated before. It gives the third party a big advantage over the other players. But yeah, Wuntin did a great job with it.

What was the Scum's perspective on the Cult? When did you know it was real? Did you janitor Shadows?

Apparently Shadows told Zepher about it on Day 3 (or was it 2...?) during his roleclaim. Zepher believed it immediately, but I was a bit more skeptical. I generally take every claim Shadows makes with a grain of salt, and frankly, I wasn't about to believe something as far fetched as a cult (although not nearly as far fetched as I thought...) from anyone, nevermind Shadows. :grin:

One thing I notice is that both Shadows and Hinck had vests. I'm guessing that wasn't a coincidence? :tongue:

What I find hilarious is that the world evolves around Def.

It evolves around me. Don't you know that by now?

:laugh: Role cop is not the same as Flavor Cop.

And I didn't use it on him either. :wall: Maybe that fake argument could have worked. :iamded_lol:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

So has there already been a revealed order for the conversions, that would be interesting, but it wouldn't be too hard to figure out, I guess.

So has there already been a revealed order for the conversions, that would be interesting, but it wouldn't be too hard to figure out, I guess.

OK, what do you think the order was?

The winners are listed in conversion order. :wink:

Time to figure things out has passed. :laugh:

Well, I actually would have thought Hinck would have been converted first, but I guess I was wrong. :tongue:

Maybe this isn't as easy as I thought.....

Cookies anyone???

milk-cookies-lego-sculpture.jpg

Well, since the Hider was so involved in the story with no good explanation for why he didn't find the things Shadows was saying suspicious, who do you think was converted first...especially considering you've seen the role PMs and you know the first converted would take over for the leader if the leader was killed.

So therefore, who was converted first?

Oh, congratulations to the winners! I had, really, no clue on the validity of the cult, if it existed or not...I couldn't help think that Hinck could've been converted, if such a cult existed :laugh:

What an exciting and successful game this turned out to be. Well done DD for your first ga,e and thanks so very much, again, for the cameo. It was a great joy/laugh to see :sweet: . Presentation was great and the comic format was so very well done. The mechanics looked interesting, they must've been a nightmare to try and figure out during the game, but now they seem, for the most part, simple and well done.

Wish I didn't have to miss this one, hopefully I'll be able to catch your next game!

So therefore, who was converted first?

I know! I know! :grin:

That brings up an interesting point about the beginning of this game. When I investigated my first intended conversion and found their house empty, I PM'd them, acting as if I was an investigator and suspicious of them. They told me what happened, what they did that night and who they saw, and then I told them the truth, that I would convert them the next night. They could have sold me out right there, but it was a worthwhile gamble. Despite my claims to the contrary, I wasn't an all-mighty force to be reckoned with, a lot of things would have worked against me, the only thing that couldn't be stopped was a conversion, and that had two possibilities for failure, converting a scum or being under the random influence of the poppies. It was actually very balanced if you understand all of the possibilities. An investigation of me would have yielded neutral, I assume, but not my specific role. That would have been challenging, but not impossible to deal with.

Using the information from the hider, I contacted the person they hid behind. I knew they weren't scum since hiding behind them didn't cause a death, so it wasn't hard to get them to cooperate with investigating Zepher, who the hider had seen that first night and was suspicious of. The hardest part at that point was handing Zepher to the town in a way that would give Hinck credit and put him in the perfect position to be converted yet never suspected.

If this wasn't revealed already, the items in the chest in my room were the pins and brochures given out at the end as you were all 'invited' to join our happy group. :sweet:

Super big Congratulations on that. How did you know? Such a great move. :wub::thumbup:

Qualified guess. Being a jailkeeper I debated with myself whether to use it as a block or protection. I ended up wanting to chose a person who had acted scummy, but who could be a valuable townie if not scum (based on past behaviour). WBD fit the bill. He said some things that marked him out as scummy to me on day 1 (mostly about the whole lie detector business, and his timing of claiming to it). But at the same time, he could just be an overanalyzing townie. And I know from past experiences he can be smart to have around as a townie. So I chose him. He ticked both the potential candidate for block and protect buttons :tongue:. I did find it funny that when it was revealed that he was jailkept and not blocked, everyone's minds seemed to be on him being blocked and having to be lynched to tested, nobody cared to think for a moment he could have been the kill target instead :look:. Oh well, worked out well for us :grin:

Hey I gave you credit :tongue: but it was a good block and I know we (the scum) made some bone-headed moves. Just my luck too that I got the killer role right off the bat after Ragnarok's debacle.

:grin:

It had nothing to do with the Ragnarok thing though. I wasn't even in that game :wink:. Although I did follow it somewhat from the sidelines.

:grin:

It had nothing to do with the Ragnarok thing though. I wasn't even in that game :wink:. Although I did follow it somewhat from the sidelines.

Oh no, I didn't mean that, you did a good job with your observation. I was just commenting on the irony of life in general with me getting stuck with the scum killing role this game. :laugh:

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Sign in to follow this