Thirdwiggville welcomed Thirdwigg Jr. Jr. this last week. It turns out this helps my productivity of projects that have been sitting dormant for a while.

22073882831_484dd2d87f_c.jpg

The T-55 is really coming together nicely.

22051497942_1a591a2cde_c.jpg

I don't know how much junior has build, but you have great partner in houses Thirdwigg :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by VFracingteam

I don't know how much junior has build, but you have great partner in houses Thirdwigg :thumbup: :thumbup:

Train 'em right, and train 'em early. They'll be good some day.

I've been building a lot already this year, and I'll have a couple more MOCs posted in the coming weeks.

After the TC9 contest, I was playing around with my Snowblower, and this happened. It's not quite worth another thread, but it was a fun little 20 minute project. It has all the same attachment points on the front and rear, with 9 stud longer rear, and 6 stud longer wheelbase.

Enjoy.

24961233833_33327cfc25_c.jpg

25219613560_064dd3b77d_c.jpg

My TC10 entry is coming along nicely, but last night I spent a little time on something else. Distractions are good. It's time for me to do another Unimog, and after getting these Fischertechnic tires from ebricks.ru, I felt the time was right.

I'm thinking this will be an older U90. I have not seen many of those in LEGO, but I could be convinced to do something else.

30340453521_63ac90fd4b_c.jpg

It looks really cool Thirdwigg, those tires look amazing, and a U90 is definitely a not very common Unimog, if you make it it will a very unique model, for me this is a very good idea, and the scale looks good as well.

On 10/10/2015 at 3:20 PM, Thirdwigg said:

The T-55 is really coming together nicely.

22051497942_1a591a2cde_c.jpg

That tank is awesome!!!!

On 10/19/2016 at 9:52 AM, ImanolBB said:

It looks really cool Thirdwigg, those tires look amazing, and a U90 is definitely a not very common Unimog, if you make it it will a very unique model, for me this is a very good idea, and the scale looks good as well.

I think I settled on the U90. That hood looks like a lot of fun.

@Lox Lego The Tank is done

3 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

great plane....really nice!!

Thanks. I had a great time building it, and it still sits impressively in my Lego room.

Another small update.

I have decided on the U90(408) for the MOC. The color is still to be decided. Orange or Green?

The suspension is basically done, with some edits to color still needed. Power functions are placed and working, though I have not confirmed the Battery Box location. The frame still needs some stiffening, and I need to route the fake engine drive. Then off to the bodywork.

TC10 will be done tomorrow, so I'll post that next.

29946706424_c8b2d85f9a_c.jpg

Scale Looks great!

13 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

Orange or Green?

Green would be cool. Orange is used so often at unimocs

great! I cant wait to see chassis closer!

On 10/26/2016 at 8:41 AM, KikoTube said:

Scale Looks great!

I think Green is my decision. I was trying to figure out if I could do the new bright green, but that may stretch me a little too far.

On 10/26/2016 at 10:50 AM, rm8 said:

great! I cant wait to see chassis closer!

I'll get the colors for the chassis as set, and I'll take another picture.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 7:41 AM, KikoTube said:

Scale Looks great!

uni"mocs"......lol...

2 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

uni"mocs"......lol...

:laugh: I am actually making a project that i called Uni-Moc: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/141812-imanolbb´s-moc´s-and-mod´s-and-possibly-good-ideas/

And talking about Thirdwiggs Mog, i think green will be a very nice color, as Kikotube said, orange is used very often, so for me any new color is welcome:

0b69af4731428fdc89519bf0eb9723cc_800x600

I am pretty interested in how the hood will be created, at least it has a very rectangular shape and doesn't have those round shaped parts like an UGN, which is a pain to recreate even with studded parts, and looking at the chassis and comparing it to the real life Mogs, i like the scale too, the chassis looks robust and reliable, and despite it has no portal hubs, i am pretty sure that it still will be a good offroader.

On 19.10.2016 at 3:38 PM, Thirdwigg said:

My TC10 entry is coming along nicely, but last night I spent a little time on something else. Distractions are good. It's time for me to do another Unimog, and after getting these Fischertechnic tires from ebricks.ru, I felt the time was right.

I'm thinking this will be an older U90. I have not seen many of those in LEGO, but I could be convinced to do something else.

30340453521_63ac90fd4b_c.jpg

How are the Wheelhubs used as Steering 

Did you use 1 1/2 Pins to connect them?

Kiko

Alright, green it will be. 

@KikoTubeYep. 1 1/2 connect the hubs.

@ImanolBBYeah, the hood is going to give me a little difficulty. I have something worked out in my head, but that does not always translate well to parts. Also, I now have portal axles front and rear. I'll show an updated view of the chassis this weekend.

Last night, I was able to get a little more work done on the Baby Unimog after the little wiggs were in bed.

The axles are basically done, but as I look at the picture, I see some color changes that are needed. I'll need to replace the soft shocks with the hard shocks.

The drivetrain is placed. The frame still needs a little work, and the fake motor still needs to be connected.

Also the body mounts are placed. The next WIP will show a draft of the body.

From The Queue

30470780510_756edc8c5e_c.jpg

@Thirdwigg: Nice chassis so far... The U90 is IMHO the most fugly Unimog ever designed by Mercedes :wink:, but yes, there has to be one in Lego :classic:

I like the small scale - your Unimog should fit perfectly to the Arocs...

4 hours ago, Pat-Ard said:

@Thirdwigg: Nice chassis so far... The U90 is IMHO the most fugly Unimog ever designed by Mercedes :wink:, but yes, there has to be one in Lego :classic:

I like the small scale - your Unimog should fit perfectly to the Arocs...

Agreed, that hood follows function too much; not enough form.  But it's good to give a little love to the ugly duckling, and runt of the litter, every once and a while. 

20 hours ago, KikoTube said:

The Chassis Looks very promising. :thumbup:

Aren´t the soft springs too soft?

They have been changed.