Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Heartlake Heartbreak - Day Five: Southwest Song

Two people I have suspected have convinced me (at least for the time being) that they are not scum. Katie is now the only one of my original suspects who I am not convinced of their towniness. Katie seems to be one of, if not, the last person to be fully convinced of Oscar's loyalty. I know that this is not enough to lynch someone, but she has also promised to show us an analysis. On Day 4, she said that she had written up her opinions and thoughts and would post them at a later time. She never did. Instead, she voted for Tammy and jumped on the Wild Dragon bandwagon.

Vote: Katie (PsyKater)

I understand that you are busy, I'm busy too, but you cannot promise to tell us what your thoughts are, claim to have a nice speech prepared, and then get cold feet.

Vote: Penny / VolcanicPanik

Will God accept this format or does He require parenthesis instead of a dash?

I think Penny is too out of it to be scum. This person is playing just anti-town enough to be scum:

Vote: Ginny (Captain Genaro)

I think Penny is too out of it to be scum. This person is playing just anti-town enough to be scum:

I do see your point with that, but to me it seems more like she's playing the clueless card so she can at least seem more active today.

But her behaviour is less scummy. An unhelpful townie, who is not paying attention, is as useful as a scum, which makes them a lynch target, aka not where the scum wants to be.

Will God accept this format or does He require parenthesis instead of a dash?

Oh.

Well, just to be certain; Vote: Penny (VolcanicPanik)

But her behaviour is less scummy. An unhelpful townie, who is not paying attention, is as useful as a scum, which makes them a lynch target, aka not where the scum wants to be.

Yeah, but if they're as useful as scum then there should be no harm in lynching them.

While I do see everyone's points on not lynching Penny, I really don't know what else I'd do for today. We shouldn't vote off Katie yet until we're sure she's scum because of this sibling business, and then I don't really get the accusations against Ginny.

Yeah, but if they're as useful as scum then there should be no harm in lynching them.

While I do see everyone's points on not lynching Penny, I really don't know what else I'd do for today. We shouldn't vote off Katie yet until we're sure she's scum because of this sibling business, and then I don't really get the accusations against Ginny.

I think Penny is a fair lynch, but I don't think she's scum. Both her general play, which her scum mates would have kept telling her to wake up and stop attracting attention, and her reaction to being voted, none, imply she's not on a team.

Ginny is not helpful, and has tried to look helpful and not done so. She is more of a wildcard than Penny to me. For that matter, you too, Patty, are in that unclear group. Care to make your townie case?

I'd like to hear Ginny make a case for being a townie as well.

I know I've been unhelpful, and for that I'm sorry to the Town. I'm trying to contribute more today then I did for other days just so I can be more of help and not be a slacker.

I presented my opinion on the matter, and I still think that Penny's the best option for a lynch today. Although I do understand Ginny being unhelpful, I think it still could be Penny. And what if she has no team left? Then she'd have no scum mates to tell her to stop drawing attention to herself.

I'd hazard to say that despite Katie's odd behavior, I'm pretty sure she's not scum because of how she argued with Scumbtastic Daisy in private. Unless it was all a risky ploy (that has payed off if it's the case, at least with me), then I'm pretty sure they were not on the same side.

Now, I'm not sure who to pick of the three candidates for today's Lynch--and it does seem like it's down to three, at least to me. Patty and Ginny seem the best for today in my mind, but that's mostly because Penny seemed so out of it that I couldn't imagine she was part of an informed minority. :hmpf:

Ginny is not helpful, and has tried to look helpful and not done so.

I'd like to hear Ginny make a case for being a townie as well.

I have not tried to look helpful. I have tried to be helpful, and by your standards failed. Yesterday you asked me to come out and tell the world who I suspected and I did so. You have called on me to be more helpful and I am doing the best I can with the limited experience that I have. I'm not asking for your sympathy, I'm simply trying to explain why I am not as helpful as some of the other members. I will point out that I have not been lazy; I have followed along and posted every day. I have been completely honest and have not told a single lie. If you can find any inconsistencies in what I have said, please bring them to our attention.

I have no information from private conversations and I lack a night action. All I have to go off is what people say during the day. I'm somewhat new to this business so I am not very good at finding scum based off the day threads (unless it is something obvious).

If you'll note, I was suspicious of Daisy from Day 1 and voted for her on that day. I have consistently voted for the scum and never tried to defend any of them. If I am scum, then I'm doing a pretty poor job of helping my team.

On Day 2, we needed 12 votes to lynch Walter. I was the 11th vote for him. There were only 12 votes for him so had I voted elsewhere, he would not have been lynched and the scum would not have suffered their first loss. I also used my lunch, which was a donut, on Oscar. Out of my own free will, I contacted him to let him know that I used my lunch on him. I have not tried to hide anything from anyone

Sorry if this is unorganized but I don't have the time right now to organize it and I want to get my two cents in before anyone else votes for me without getting to hear my defense.

On Day 2, we needed 12 votes to lynch Walter. I was the 11th vote for him. There were only 12 votes for him so had I voted elsewhere, he would not have been lynched and the scum would not have suffered their first loss. I also used my lunch, which was a donut, on Oscar. Out of my own free will, I contacted him to let him know that I used my lunch on him. I have not tried to hide anything from anyone

I appreciate you're trying, and I know how frustrating it can be to be a vanilla townie. That's why vanillas need to work hard and stay in front.

These points have no meaning though. You were the second last voter, but the day ended very early, so there were another 4-5 people who could have sealed that vote. Walter was a lock, so scum would want to get in on that vote before it's too late. Sure enough, the person who voted for Walter before you was Tammy. That actually looks bad, like you were coached to get in on that vote before it was too late.

And the lunches are meaningless, since they were given to scum and town. Using it on Oscar would be a good "n00b" way to waste one without getting results. It can be said that no scum will get useful results, since they know not to check their scummates.

Those two "efforts" of yours were most definitely scummy moves, whether you're scum or not.

Vanilla townies need to work twice as hard or they just get in the way :wink:

Has anyone got a theory as to why Scouty was in the little inteo comic presented by god? His appearance there combined whit his posting in the confirmation thread confuses me!

Has anyone else noticed ... Or does anyone even care ... that this was quite strange!!

Inteo = intro

Whit = with

I will echo Danny's sentiment that Katie is probably Town. I have used a glass that the inventor gave me to investigate her and she was seen as Town. Her behavior bugged me a lot during the first few days and she did seem the absolute Scummiest to me. But as Dansmith can attest, Katie was repeatedly attacked and accused by Daisy in private and possibly even setup to try to get the Town to kill the siblings. Something else in the Night Action results leads me to believe that Katie has been working with us all along just frustratingly hindered by a language barrier. She told us all along Daisy was Scum and I'm sorry it took such arguing to finally prove it. :blush:

I'm going to Vote : Penny (VolcanicPanik). I think the "I'm not paying attention" card she's playing is ridiculous. How can you be playing this game and not know I'm using aliases? If you are Town, we don't need dead weight around, so as cruel as this sounds, good riddance to you either way. :blush: Sorry.

Has anyone got a theory as to why Scouty was in the little inteo comic presented by god? His appearance there combined whit his posting in the confirmation thread confuses me!

Has anyone else noticed ... Or does anyone even care ... that this was quite strange!!

Inteo = intro

Whit = with

I think the janitor Action is temporary. We are likely to see Shadell's alignment tomorrow. I think we all know, at this point, that she was Scum...

I will echo Danny's sentiment that Katie is probably Town. I have used a glass that the inventor gave me to investigate her and she was seen as Town. Her behavior bugged me a lot during the first few days and she did seem the absolute Scummiest to me. But as Dansmith can attest, Katie was repeatedly attacked and accused by Daisy in private and possibly even setup to try to get the Town to kill the siblings. Something else in the Night Action results leads me to believe that Katie has been working with us all along just frustratingly hindered by a language barrier. She told us all along Daisy was Scum and I'm sorry it took such arguing to finally prove it. :blush:

I'm going to Vote : Penny (VolcanicPanik). I think the "I'm not paying attention" card she's playing is ridiculous. How can you be playing this game and not know I'm using aliases? If you are Town, we don't need dead weight around, so as cruel as this sounds, good riddance to you either way. :blush: Sorry.

Indeed, what Oscar says is true, which is why I doubted her scummyness. As for who I'll vote for today, it's between Penny and Ginny today. I'm not more sure on one than on the other, but Penny's obliviousness might be the straw that breaks the camel's back in her favor. Either way, we can vote for one and have the vig take out the other. I'm not as sure now about Patty's scumminess as I was before.

I think I'll vote for Penny and leave Ginny to the day vig.

Vote : Penny (VolcanicPanik)

Vote Count

Penny (VolcanicPanik) - 5 Votes (JimButcher, Bob, Dragonator, Hinckley, DannyLonglegs)

Katie (PsyKater) - 1 Vote (Captain Genaro)

Ginny (Captain Genaro) - 1 Vote (def)

With 16 players left, a majority of 9 is required for lynch.

There are 48 hours left in the day.

I will vote: Penny (VolcanicPanik)

We need a conviction and she hasn't been helpful at all. I'd rather lynch someone else but we'll get to that tomorrow.

I'd rather lynch someone else but we'll get to that tomorrow.

Who? Talk about it now while there's time :facepalm:

Who? Talk about it now while there's time :facepalm:

Well yesterday I ate my lunch which allowed me to watch a person at night. I chose to watch our friendly hedgehog Oscar since he might be a likely target. I saw the first person to target Oscar. Later on this morning I heard that the killer targeted Oscar but was unsuccessful thanks to Oscars bullet proof vest. So I contacted Oscar about it. Oscar is waiting to hear back from this person.but there are some clues that she might not be the killer at all. And since I can only see the first person who targets someone, she might actually have targeted Oscar with something differently than a kill.

Interesting development, Billie.

Until/if this name shows up today, I'm content to Vote: Penny (VolcanicPanic). It's a shame today's lynch can't be as straightforward as the past three days, and seems more like we're trimming fat rather than snapping up near-confirmed scum, but I still feel we're making good progress. Less unconfirmed people, more confirmed people...the range of possible scum is narrowing. :thumbup:

Thank you Ladies, Gents and Equines for voting for me to my painful death :sweet: Now hear out a would be dead woman's plea. I'm the Town Commuter. The most useless role when you think about it in this scenario. Capice? So if you think killing town is the way. Knock yourselves out.

Vote: Ginny (CaptainGenaro)

I'm the Town Commuter. The most useless role when you think about it in this scenario. Capice?

If that's the case, then you sucked for town. If I were the commuter, I would have made sure I was out in front making me a hated target for scum. And you would be invaluable for Oscar to use you as a decoy with people talking to him in private who are less than trustworthy.

Instead, you barely showed up, didn't follow along, then got bitter that people want you gone.

You should be angry at yourself, not at the rest of town. Not your best showing. :sadnew:

Unvote: Ginny (CaptainGenaro)

Vote: Penny (VocanicPanik)

With teammates like that, who needs scum? :def_shrug:

Well yesterday I ate my lunch which allowed me to watch a person at night. I chose to watch our friendly hedgehog Oscar since he might be a likely target. I saw the first person to target Oscar. Later on this morning I heard that the killer targeted Oscar but was unsuccessful thanks to Oscars bullet proof vest. So I contacted Oscar about it. Oscar is waiting to hear back from this person.but there are some clues that she might not be the killer at all. And since I can only see the first person who targets someone, she might actually have targeted Oscar with something differently than a kill.

Fair enough. If you have no concrete evidence, then it may be better to keep their name a secret.

All the same, anyone targeting Oscar on day four, and not already in his circle, is probably bad news for town. He should have had the benefit of the doubt with the rest of the town by then.

Well then, it's down to Ginny or Penny, is that it? I was going to say I still didn't trust Billie just because she's told Oscar her lunch action result, but now that she has explained what this is all about, I'm inclined to hold on that while waiting for development on that result. Although it does seem convenient that she kept her watcher lunch for so long, and then just happened to watch Oscar the night he was targeted for a kill.... hmmm... Unless her result catches us a scum, she's still on my suspect list.

Penny has indeed been useless, and keeps being useless. And she's the town commuter? Well, she can never be of use to us anymore either then, now that that's in the open. So really, good riddance... But I'd love for us to actually lynch a scum and not a useless town today, and Ginny has been doing a better job from a scum perspective. Trying to appear helpful, yet never really contributing anything.

There is plenty of time left in the day for further developments, but for now I will

Vote: Ginny (CaptainGenaro)

It's a hard call: Just remove the unhelpful lump that already has a pile of votes, or get rid of another unhelpful lump that's been riding just below the radar? If one other person wants to vote Ginny, I'll switch my vote back and help the Ginny bandwagon get momentum.

It's Christmas eve, and Fred's gonna be dressing up as Santa tonight, so I'll be around to change up my vote if anyone takes me up on this offer. I do have a wooden train track to assemble later that will be for li'l Fred "from Santa", so that will take me away from Heartlake for a little while.