Sign in to follow this  
gundamz

Medieval Market Village

For those of you who have this set, what is your impression of it? What do you like or not like about it? Do you think it is a good value for $100?

I suggest you take a look at these two reviews and the comments, they helped me make my decision to buy it:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23975&hl=%2B10193+%2Breview

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27078&hl=%2B10193+%2Breview

I myself bought it a couple of weeks ago, for 100 euro. It was totally worth it, great bricks for MOCing. I almost bought it twice to be honest...

I'm tempted to get a 2nd before it vanishes. It's a fantastic set... the lack of numbered bags was a bit frustrating when I built my first last year, but it's also kinda fun to spread it all around the table and hunt for the pieces you need.

It's the best LEGO set ever made, in my opinion. Get it while you can.

the set is aswome, it's one of the most epice sets ever released and this is the last year you can get it for regular price, because it's been discontinued next year, I think.

BUT!

I was kinda dissapointed with blue building :/ somehow I didn't enjoy building it and the building solutions are not the best one... but for everything else, it's grrreat!

I bought it for the parts but after building it, I could not bear to scrap it. The only LEGO sets I leave out on display is Helm's Deep and the Medieval Market Village. Maybe I will buy another set for all those medieval windows and tree parts.

My only complaint was that this set did not have numbered bags so I had to go through tons of bricks looking for a single brick. At times, I wanted to go to my own collection to find the piece I needed.

Edited by Blakstone

If you have a 100$ to spend on Lego, get Medieval Market Village. It's widely considered to be one of, if not the best set ever made. (And I agree.)

I'm considering getting a second one.

I've only just rediscovered my love for Lego so very nearly missed this set as it was rapidly disappearing in the UK. I grabbed a copy from amazon.fr a couple of weeks ago and am saving it for a post-Christmas build - can't wait! :)

What struck me most about it is its versatility in terms of its use in different themes. It could be used in at least the following themes:

Castle/Kingdoms

City

Pirates

LotR

It could also be used with some superheroes figures. e.g. Not implausible for Magneto, who's from Central Europe, to show up in a medieval looking village in Europe somewhere.

What struck me most about it is its versatility in terms of its use in different themes. It could be used in at least the following themes:

Castle/Kingdoms

City

Pirates

LotR

It could also be used with some superheroes figures. e.g. Not implausible for Magneto, who's from Central Europe, to show up in a medieval looking village in Europe somewhere.

Don't forget Harry Potter.

But yeah, as everyone has said. This is one of the true classic Lego sets. Tremendous value for the price.

This set is a must-get! The set itself is an artpiece! When you have multiple sets, the parts are great for many MOCs!

Go get it before they are gone!

It's a great set. I didn't like the look of the blue tavern building, but then again it does have a gazillion rounded lattice windows and loads of useful small brown parts. And let's not forget the tree: The only proper looking tree currently available.

I was late to the MMV party, but I'm really glad I picked it up eventually. As a set, there are a couple nice, medium sized builds that reminded me of another kit I very much enjoyed back in the day, the 3739 Blacksmith Shop. It also has a good assortment of "set dressing" pieces (apples, fish, barrels, weapons, etc.) if you're into the well accessorized mini-figure scene.

Parts-wise, it's a bargain. You'd have a hard time buying the parts piece-meal, used on bricklink for less than the asking price of this set (and that's _before_ they retire the set and the price doubles at legitimate retailers (or goes up by an order of magnitude on eBay, as it probably will eventually).

I'm not sure I'd classify it as "best LEGO set ever" as some of the above posters have claimed, but I'd certainly put it on my top ten list. After buy and building it, I went out and bought a second one. Nominally, I bought the second one for the cows. It might seem silly to spend $100 when I could get _just_ cows on Bricklink, but it's such a good set I had no qualms picking up another one in its entirety.

My advice would be to get one now while you can, it's a great set and a true value at current prices.

Just picked one up yesterday. Looking forward to building it.

Great :thumbup:

I think it's one of the best sets that LEGO have ever made.

Man... Now I want to buy it too :S They have some left here in Sweden for a pretty decent price considering the amount of bricks. But I'm not quite sure if I would like to assemble the parts according to the manual, since I don't quite like the blue building... And it's starting to look like a really old building now since we've got the brick-bricks xD But since I'm not really a good builder, like all people here seem to be (mostly because of lack of bricks, I assume... I couldn't even replicate a tenth of any MOC I've seen here because I just don't have the bricks xD), I probably couldn't build something cool with it anyways. And since I live at home and have no job (studying at the uni), it's dangerous and expensive buying lego... One has to smuggle it inside to avoid parents' rage xD I just got a second Helm's Deep though, for the bricks, but I'm still waiting for it... I want it before the Yule-Eve. ;__;

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

And since I live at home and have no job (studying at the uni), it's dangerous and expensive buying lego... One has to smuggle it inside to avoid parents' rage xD

If you think parents rage is bad, just wait until you have a wife.

"How much do you think you've spent on Lego this year?"

Pretend you can't hear and run!

If you think parents rage is bad, just wait until you have a wife.

"How much do you think you've spent on Lego this year?"

Pretend you can't hear and run!

Haha xD Thanks for the tip! I have to find a woman who also likes lego :) But they seem to be pretty rare :/