CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10 Discussion

I love your name for "retailer-that-shall-not-be-named!" Is it Wal, or K? (mart).

Someone else mentioned the Skydiver's use as an ADU paratrooper earlier...

The retailer that shall not be named is, of course, Walmart (I got the idea from TV Tropes/this one series of anti-Walmart Youtube Videos called "Harry Potter vs the Dark Lord Waldemart"). As for the ADU thing, that just proves that great minds think alike. :wink: ( :laugh: )

I just completed Series 10 (sans Goldie). They are quite an excellent (and easy to feel for) series.

I will continue on my hunt for that 1 in 5000 calling me... :tongue:

I never considered him as an ADU member, but I guess since I didn't buy any of those sets I didn't think that way.

As far as the rest of the series, I'd say the Bumblebee girl is the most elusive around here. Granted out of the cases I've seen, they've been pretty picked through with mostly mechanics left. So I guess I should start army building them.

The tomahawk warrior is upsetting since his tomahawk is so similar to Gold's bar.

I never considered him as an ADU member, but I guess since I didn't buy any of those sets I didn't think that way.

I'll have to see about posting a pic of the paratrooper with the mods I made next to some actual ADU troops...

Granted out of the cases I've seen, they've been pretty picked through with mostly mechanics left. So I guess I should start army building them.

Yeah, I actually thought of a use for the Motorcycle mechanics (in my setting at least), particularly if you combine them with the hair from the Punk Rocker, the Iroquois warrior and Exo-Force. Specifically what I'm alluding to is Mad Max-style post-apocalyptic Motorcycle-based wasteland raider gangs.... Ooooohhhh yeaaahh!

Picked up 16 random bags from a couple of Targets today. My random 16 selection is a lot better than any random 16 I've gotten from LEGO.com with previous series. Only a couple of duplicates (3 medusas entirely by chance, which is awesome, and 2 roman commanders, also awesome). Just need the skydiver, the warrior woman, the paint baller and the baseball player now. Still a bunch left at one of the Targets so I'll have to drop by again in the new few days to see what I can get.

The nearest Target that didn't have them now has them! I may have to check. I need a chance to strike gold...

Just to give those of you've found him an idea of how very lucky you are (and to give those of you who are out searching an idea of how hard he is to find,) my current "searched packet" tally has hit 2,160. All brand new, unsearched boxes, and not a single Mr. Gold.

- MJ

I don't want Mr. Gold but I cannot find a Medusa anywhere. I am not very good at feeling packs but I would expect her tail would make her the easiest to feel. I have got very good at feeling the Roman helmets I added two to my army of seven Roman Commanders today. I really want more Roman shields though.

Medusa is really easy. Basically look for the bulkiest bag. It looks like it is about to explode. You don't even need to feel for her. Seriously, it's that bulging. She is a great figure.

The hardest to find I've seen was Bumblebee girl, but luckily I found one for me and one for my daughter, so it works out. But I felt through 3 different stores to try to get that. No Mr Golds around here, but I haven't been looking for him so he might be in my town, who knows.

still need one more revolutionary soldier, one more bee girl, one more trendy girl, one more paintball guy. Also I could use a few more roman commanders, amazons and old guys.

Bad news, CM4S:

bad_news.png

No! :cry2: I wish we could click the circles and see which cities they were found in.

I got a lid-less box at a local TRU. :sceptic:

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Sorry to distress you! I must go to the Target that suddenly has them, the closest one to me. I am really upset with LEGO for not providing a more detailed tracker. Maybe it's because some people barely know the city they're living in? :sceptic:

P.S. Funny how the markers on the map look like mini Target logos, as Target carries them, and a lot of people succeeded in the Gold Rush of 2013 when going there!

Edited by 8BrickMario

USA Wal-Mart is now selling Series 10 right now. I bought 3 bags of it and I got a Sea Captain, Decorator and Bumblebee girl.

I heared voices about a Mr.Gold being found in my local toy shop, by a random picker (a mother who bought a random bag for her child).

When I talked with the employee, they said Lego told them that you have odds of finding Mr.Gold in about 1 out of 1000.

This source is not golden, so I would pick it with reserves.

By the way he gave me two boxes new to feel while we were discussing this topic.

I didn't find Mr.Gold but I didn't want to go out empty-handed, most for the courtesy of the employee.

So I picked a Medusa, I had 9 so I made round figure.

Will future series contain a super rare figure like Mr. Gold? While I did find a Mr. Gold I would hate to see Lego keep the trend of very limited figures in theses series.

On a side note I received the Lego Minifig encyclopedia the other day and the page for Mr. Gold said something like " Its Rumored that those who find Mr. Gold will have a lucky day" Oddly enough the Saturday I found one I also bought a powerball ticket and a scratch off. The powerball ticket won me 7.00 and the scratch off won another free scratch off. Just thought it was kinda funny. I was unusually lucky as I never win on those things.

The Target I went to stinks. It didn't have the Minifigures, and they said that since the number was the same as S9's, that the number showed those in stock. That wasn't the case for other Targets, though. It's worse going somewhere without the minifigs than somewhere with the figs but no Mr. Gold.

EDIT: Gold level changed to seven found in Illinois...worriedemote.gif

Edited by 8BrickMario

I went to some other stores to try and find Mr Gold, but I ended up finding this interesting promotion instead:

8740675141_ea06e60d74.jpg

Intresting Promotion by AyliffeMakit, on Flickr

I took advantage of this offer and got two packets, but I may go back for more... :laugh:

Is this available in US?

Is this available in US?

I honestly have no clue, but if they are this offer will probably be in smaller stores.

Does anybody know where I could find some decals for Mr Gold? We have a golden minifigure keychain from a few years back, and I want to make a Mr Gold for my son.

Mr. Gold number up to 9 in IL. Wonder if I should give up or keep looking in the hopes that I'll be insanely lucky. I want him, but it is so annoying that the odds are against anyone... I probably won't get him, but I could. Not feeling hopeful.

You are ahead of your time.

I do wonder how many Golds are released per state. Obviously, it is "random" so it wouldn't fall into any certain numbers, but it would be interested to know how many Golds are in your state to know if you should keep looking. Clearly that is the point of the chase figure, so you always HAVE to look and hopefully buy many more figures...sneaky people.