CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11 Rumours & Discussion

IIRC, both the Mountain Climber & Bobby are 6 of each per box. So yes, they are tied for 'most common'. (can't recall if the Yeti is also 6 per box?)

Yes, and the welder.

Yes, and the welder.

Dang, forgot about him! Why does TLG insist on making the cool army-builder figs the really hard-to-get ones??? First the Spartan, then the Elf, Evil Dwarf, Gladiator & Roman... Now the Tiki.

Dang, forgot about him! Why does TLG insist on making the cool army-builder figs the really hard-to-get ones??? First the Spartan, then the Elf, Evil Dwarf, Gladiator & Roman... Now the Tiki.

They're idiots?

They know what we want. and Like any other company they want us to sell us the product and get as much money as possible. :P

I competed my set at lunch today. I felt through the entire display and picked up a second Pretzel Girl but did not find any extra Tikis. I needed Grandma to finish the collection but I only found her after I walked the aisle looking at the sets. Someone had set her aside. But I got her.

I could use an fourth constable, a second tiki warrior or saxophone player but I have one of each now.

I bought the constable, the welder, the yeti, the gingerbread man, and the scarecrow today. I think the yeti, the GB man and the scarecrow are very cute minifigs, I really love their designs. Now, I still have to find one or two tiki warriors...

They're idiots?

They know what we want. and Like any other company they want us to sell us the product and get as much money as possible. :P

They're really not concerned with army-building AFOLs. Their target market is kids, remember, and most kids aren't going to amass dozens or hundreds of copies of the same minifigure (yes, there may be a few kids out there who do, but they're the exception).

As far as I can tell, they do their best to make each figure available (Mr. Gold excepted) in quantities proportionate to its anticipated demand over the whole market. The fact that a given figure might be of immense appeal to AFOLs for army-building isn't as important as the fact that AFOLs make up only a tiny sliver of the overall LEGO market, and the kids who make up 95% or more of the market aren't particularly interested in that figure.

They're really not concerned with army-building AFOLs. Their target market is kids, remember, and most kids aren't going to amass dozens or hundreds of copies of the same minifigure (yes, there may be a few kids out there who do, but they're the exception).

As far as I can tell, they do their best to make each figure available (Mr. Gold excepted) in quantities proportionate to its anticipated demand over the whole market. The fact that a given figure might be of immense appeal to AFOLs for army-building isn't as important as the fact that AFOLs make up only a tiny sliver of the overall LEGO market, and the kids who make up 95% or more of the market aren't particularly interested in that figure.

I agree with your premise but not your application. I am not convinced that kids would prefer the welder (6 per box) over the warrior (2 per box). Instead, I feel it is for this reason the popular figures are often, not always, less common. Kids most often don't feel bags, so they are likely to buy more to get the one figure they really want.

I agree with your premise but not your application. I am not convinced that kids would prefer the welder (6 per box) over the warrior (2 per box). Instead, I feel it is for this reason the popular figures are often, not always, less common. Kids most often don't feel bags, so they are likely to buy more to get the one figure they really want.

While I personally like to think that TLG simply enjoy Trolling us and drinking in the sweet-sweet tears of nerd-rage, this is probably more or less why the do so... Kids have 0 patience these days, and their parents (mothers especially) or even worse! Little boys tend to want the 'cool' or 'heroic/warrior' figures. If there's only a bare handful of them then chances are Little Timmy will pester his mum to keep buying him blind bags until he finally lucks out and pulls at least one of the ones he wants. I'll let you all guess what happened the time I saw Little Timmy get rushed along by his mother and blindly pull out the Bride minifig from Series 7! :laugh_hard:

I am waiting for double points in October before getting any S11, like others have said, not the best overall Series, but lots of good ones like the Tiki Warrior, Gingerbread man and Scarecrow.

IIRC, both the Mountain Climber & Bobby are 6 of each per box. So yes, they are tied for 'most common'. (can't recall if the Yeti is also 6 per box?)

Haha, I got just two from S@H as an add-on to something else I was ordering. Managed to get: 1 Mountain Climber, 1 Yeti. Love the Yeti, and had thought the Mountain Climber was a little boring but actually think he's a quite fitting companion for a Yeti, now I've got them side by side.

I got the Evil Mech, the Yeti and the Barbarian so far. They're great! I love the green they chose for the bags.

A massive improvement over Series 10 IMO, which I didn't like very much.

Oh, and try giving the Alien Queen's cape to the Evil Mech. You won't be disappointed with the result. :devil:

Probably because everyone is speculating at a CMF Simpsons series is an excellent/horrible idea. I completed my set a week or two ago. While I may like an extra 1-2 Tikis, That and the Targets and Walmarts in my area seem to order only one box. I am enjoyed a respite from having to drive everywhere checking for them.

Went to TRU the other day, they had 2 boxes of series 11 on the shelves. I started feeling the bags, and got a yeti, but 2 minutes later, I realize it's silly and just stopped what I was doing and walked out the store.

Went to a local TRU today and was pleased to find an unopened box...Lets just say I'm happy.

Passed on the barbarian and elf. Pleasantly surprised with the mech. Tiki was the one I was looking forward to the most but it is ok. Still got em both. the Yeti is great. I also like the climber and the bobby.

So just out of curiosity, how many of you guys/gals are grabbing up a small fistful of Tiki's?! I've aimed for a round dozen, need only 1 more to hit my max. I must say they do look quite impressive seeing all of them together - kinda reminds me a bit of the natives in the opening of Raiders of the Lost Ark! (too bad I don't have an Indy minifig for them to chase about though... :blush: )

Hey, dear Eurobrickers! Does anybody know how is this series available in the Czech Republic? These figs aren't available in Finland, but I'm making a trip to Prague in few weeks, and I'm planning to grab a few there. So, are the boxes set in the shop so that the minifigs can be identified by feeling, or are they behind the counter etc.? Also, are they sold in regular shop's toy sections or do I have to look for any special stores?

I got to grab a few bobbies, my steampunk city needs mustaches of that magnitude...

I got a scarecrow today; I have a tiki, a barbarian, a yeti and an evil mech as well. The Yeti is definitely my favourite and the Evil Mech my least favourite. The scarecrow was so hard to find...

I ended my conquest with a gingerbread man, the bobby, sax player, tiki, grandma, scarecrow, elf, welder, and scientist (misfelt this one, was looking for the waitress). I got the tough ones first and went back for the rest later. I may eventually pick up a couple others but for now I am really liking this series!