Hello. New member here :) Found this place after my 4 year son received a Lego 7939 Cargo train set from my parents for Christmas. After my wife and I assembled the kit for him it sparked my interest in what other Lego trains are out there. To my surprise there are many :) I even went ahead a purchased a 10219 Maersk which I plan on assembling with him to run with his cargo train as soon as we make a bigger layout. The emerald night looks nice but looks like I missed out on that one. Not sure if I'm willing to pay a premium for Legos YET. ;)

With my purchase of the Metroliner, Club Car and 9V Speed Regulator for Christmas. I have joined the LEGO Train bandwagon.

Good deal - the Metroliner and Club Car are highly desired by many LEGO Train fans. Welcome.

Hello. New member here

Hello Puma. Welcome to Train Tech. Cargo Trains are a lot of fun. I like the playability aspects much more than passenger trains (although the Emerald is a sweet locomotive). Hope you enjoy our LEGO Train community.

Hi, new train member here.

My collection consists of:

4511b.gif4511a.gif

a_4551.gif

a_4561.gif

a_4563.gif

a_4564.gif

a_4565.gif

7898b.gif7898d.gif7898c.gif7898e.gif7898a.gif

and the last one

10194b.gif10194a.gif

Happy New Year to you all :sweet:

Hi,

I think I haven't been register here yet.

Just to say hi to everyone =]

Just started my collections a few months ago.....hope to upload some stuffs soon! :laugh:

Hai there,

I am Legodjw. I played a lot with Lego when I was young and loved to build trains. The first lay-out i build was made of the 4,5 Volt set with the blue rails. Still I've some lego parts of that train. Now i am married, 48 years old and have 3 kids, who loved to play with lego. I set my mind one the old 9 Volt system since I saw the Burlington Santa Fe loc. I was a wish came thruth, that's the kind of trains i loved to built, but it was impossible with the lego parts i was palying with.

Since then I collected the Santa Fe, found MLcad and models, discovered LLD and designed a castor train (nuclear transport) and a TTX 3 wagons set up. I do spend a lot of time with searching the internet for nice models and buying parts at Bricklink. Still i hope to share and learn more about lego train building.

legodjw from Holland.

Hai there,

I am Legodjw. I played a lot with Lego when I was young and loved to build trains. The first lay-out i build was made of the 4,5 Volt set with the blue rails. Still I've some lego parts of that train. Now i am married, 48 years old and have 3 kids, who loved to play with lego. I set my mind one the old 9 Volt system since I saw the Burlington Santa Fe loc. I was a wish came thruth, that's the kind of trains i loved to built, but it was impossible with the lego parts i was palying with.

Since then I collected the Santa Fe, found MLcad and models, discovered LLD and designed a castor train (nuclear transport) and a TTX 3 wagons set up. I do spend a lot of time with searching the internet for nice models and buying parts at Bricklink. Still i hope to share and learn more about lego train building.

legodjw from Holland.

Welcome to Eurobricks Traintech. I hope you feel at home.

We would love to see some of the stuff you are building.

Hello Legodjw, welcome to EuroBricks...it is always nice to see another Dutch member on this wonderfull forum where dreams come true, because that is what we are talking about here. I think that a lot of AFOL's (Adult Fan Of Lego)do make the dreams they had in their youth, come true...like me.. I'm 40 now and when i was 10 years old, i had a few wonderfull legotrains, thanks to my father, but nowadays i can make the layout i really would like to have...

Succes in creating your dreams!!! Hope to see some results from you soon!

Greetz and 'Groeten',

LegoSjaak

welcome to the forum you find

many idees here

and beautiful layouts to build

:wink:

Welcome Legodjw. I've moved your topic into our Train Tech Registry which is intended to share introductions. Hope you enjoy the forum and EB.

Just wanna say Hi, mainly here for the trains as they animate any layout, but we have mindstorms and city and vintage etc etc, will try and do some pics soon. :)

Hello Everyone

Thanks to some of you yesterday I logged in here again. I'm not sure if there is a reason to write a full introduction of myself. Last year I did this in this topic: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51477 :)

So maybe a few words "why trains".

I'm not a true trains (these real ones) enthusiast. I like some areas, especially these I can identify with my childhood. Translating this to Polish railways timeline, it's about late 70's till early 90's. Especially I love small not electrified train lines. Effectively little bit of steam and - most of all - diesel power :)

I decided to couple this with my Lego hobby so here I am as a Lego Train builder.

All of my train creations are built as smaller of larger parts of train diorama I hope I'll finish some day :) Not everything is ecxact model of actual object. Mainly engines and rail trucks I try to keep close to the original. As for now, all waggons are a compilation of train vibes, only inspired by misc real things.

Till now I've got in my "sched": SM03 shunter, ST43 heavy cargo engine, SM42 heavy shunter (designed by Misterzumbi), SU42 universal engine, 3 box cars, 2 tank cars, 3 platforms/low side cars and 3 small rail trucks (WM-10, OMW-3a, KSF-70).

Despite the rolling stock I'm also collecting buildings for the bigger project: train station with goods storage and platforms, engine shed, switching tower, gateman box etc.

All of them you can find here http://www.flickr.com/photos/maciej_drwiega/collections/72157623028745577/

What can I say more. I try to keep all these things in the same vibe just to make them fitting each other. When thinking of any big project, some kind of governance is a must to keep it going.

Some directives I defined for myself:

- engines are 8 wide (this is because first loco I got - SM42 which was 8wide); they might be 7, but it should look good with other in my collection;

- waggons are 7-8 wide depending on what it is and how it can be built;

- rail support trucks are 6-8 wide, but try to keep the main structure around 6-7 studs;

- the clearance is 9,5 studs of width;

- all tracks are build with lego train geometry rules: http://www.brickpile...ayout-geometry/ to make my world compatible with other layouts on this level;

- all tracks are 9V or RC modified to be 9V - for now only quad-switches are to be modified somewhow, the whole rest is original 9V;

- all rolling stock is lego curves, switches etc compatible and the diorama is my rolling stock compatible;

- last but not least - the most important to be honest: NO generic Lego sets on the diorama - everything is a smaller or bigger MOC!

What about Lego purism?

- I can understand purists and I realize what is the idea of it; partially agree;

- I decided to use custom lights for the project; 12V system might be not so bad if prices and availability will be reasonable; 9V nor PF system does not provide any reasonable lighting; I use custom infrastructure of 3mm LEDs, it requires max one brick being modified per lighting point. So what. I can deal with that, the effect is worth it. The rest is pure Lego;

- I cut hoses and flex parts when I need to;

- I use non-Lego strings, but these are to be almost like these Lego made;

- I do not paint bricks; if there is no brick in color I need, I build the thing another way;

- I do not connect bricks using glue, tape, stickers or whatever non-Lego.

Huh. I think it's enough as for introduction :)

Hello Everyone once again :)

Edited by maciejd

Just wanna say Hi

Hi Spzero. Welcome.

Hello Everyone

Hello again and welcome to Train Tech Maciejd. It's always a pleasure to have experienced builders join our LEGO Train community. I'm really looking forward to seeing your future creations. Feel free to share there here in Train Tech at any time.

Happy New Year fellas! :thumbup:

Hi,

My name is Paul and Lego trains are something new to me. I have been a member on here for a few years but this to do with my Lego Technic. I sold all my Technic late last year and now I am building up a collection of trains :) My pan sis to build a full city with a working rail system, it is a big dream but I think I can do it :)

Paul

Hi all I have been a lego builder for about 30 years, I have always wanted trains but could not afford them till recently, all the RC I purchased new the others have been pieced together from auctions, kijiji, yard sales

IMG-20120108-00005.jpg

From left to right, some of my custom rolling stock, a custom 4560 with a fill size engine, observation car and luggage car, a WIP custom engine (more to come when the last of the parts arive) and behind it my 7897

IMG-20120108-00008.jpg

4559 with 4 cars, 3677 lighted with 2nd engine

IMG-20120108-00007.jpg

My sons 7938 and a 7715

IMG-20120108-00006.jpg

I also have a 4511 engine that I am trying to reassemble / customize

Edited by Homer_S

Paul B: Welcome to Train Tech. Without a nice town or city, a LEGO Train layout isn't much fun. Good luck with your plan to create one.

Homer: Hello and welcome. Please familiarize yourself with our site guidelines. In regard to image posting, 800x600 is the maximum picture size for posting. Usually 640x480 works just fine. I've removed your oversized images, but please feel free to add them back once resized. Sounds like you've got a nice little LEGO Train collection and I look forward to seeing some of your custom trains.

Paul B: Welcome to Train Tech. Without a nice town or city, a LEGO Train layout isn't much fun. Good luck with your plan to create one.

Homer: Hello and welcome. Please familiarize yourself with our site guidelines. In regard to image posting, 800x600 is the maximum picture size for posting. Usually 640x480 works just fine. I've removed your oversized images, but please feel free to add them back once resized. Sounds like you've got a nice little LEGO Train collection and I look forward to seeing some of your custom trains.

Sorry about that, I think I got them all, you will be seeing me around for sure lol

G'day, my name is Garry, and I have been using the Train Tech forum for a long time now, and I only just realised that I better introduce myself on here!!!

I don't have a lot of trains, but the first, best set I ever received was 7710 when I was a kid in the 80's (I still have that set, but it's not built), so I guess that counts me as a train lover.

I am currently working on a mountain MOC with a train running on it. It's very early days, and I have had a few major ideas/revisions for the design, but in the last week or so I feel that I am really settling down to my final plan - with many thanks to various topics on this forum for giving me ideas and pointing me in the right direction (without anyone even knowing for the most part!!!).

Look forward to conversing with many of you in the future (and hopefully meeting some of the Aussie members - I'll be at Brickvention in Melbourne later this month), and apologies for not introducing myself earlier!!!

Garry

Hi Younge. Welcome. I'm glad that you introduced yourseld here. I look forward to seeing your mountain once complete. Please continue to enjoy the forum.

Look forward to conversing with many of you in the future (and hopefully meeting some of the Aussie members - I'll be at Brickvention in Melbourne later this month), and apologies for not introducing myself earlier!!!

Garry

Hi Garry, feel free to introduce yourself to me at the MLTC Brickvention layout. I'll be the long haired guy most likely wearing a red 'Official' t-shirt.

Peter

Hello!

I've been lurking around the Train tech forum for quite some time now and now it is time to introduce myself!

I'm from Sweden, 35 years old and after that my "dark ages" ended 2002 i've been (re)collecting LEGO from 1978-1986. As a kid I didn't have any trains at all but now my collection grows as the budget allows :-)

I'm for the moment (and probably for some years) into grey 12v and have some trains and some buildings. Sadly enough is it the more expensive items i'm missing like 7727, 7740 and 7750.

I have also done the swedish interpretation of BlueBrick layout software.

I'm planning a small(?) layout in a small spare room I have, maybe I'll post some images later on.

Aside from LEGO; I'm living in the western parts of Sweden with my girlfriend, our two dogs and four cats, in the countryside. I work as a computer programmer and in my spare time I enjoy movies, books, Photoshop and some building for the house.

If anyone know sources of information about 12v track geometry, electricity, specifications, please feel free to contact me!

Regards

Ralf

Hi Ralph. Welcome to Train Tech. I'm with you in regard to not having any trains as a kid. I made up for this when the My Own Train collection became available. I'd love to have some of the 12V sets though. I love the vintage rolling stock. Good luck with your layout and I hope you're able to find some of those 12V sets at a reasonable price. Enjoy our LEGO Train community.

Hi all,

Tim from Sydney Australia. Got my first train in 1990 and never stopped collecting. These days I am looking at using mindstorms to control a whole layout with 9v track blocks all controlled by H bridges, automated points and signalling. I am also trying to make some 9v slips as well. Would be interested if anyone has had success with 9v slips before I start cutting up these rare sets.

Look forward to joining the discussion.

Regards,

Tim

Hi Tim. Welcome to our LEGO Train community. Please feel free to share an image review or MOC within our forum any time. Hope you enjoy Train Tech.