CM4Sci

LEGO Castle 2013

Has anyone else noticed a price increase in the Forest Ambush? All the walmarts and targets around me have them at $15. Whereas the Gatehouse is down to $20.

My local Walmart started selling Forest ambushes at $15, and now they're on clearence for $11, just a buck under MSRP. Next to them sits a row of Gold Getaways on sale for $13. I think may buy Gold Getaways instead, sacrificing two dollars and my half my dragon knight army growth for twice the pieces, more versitile pieces (the little structure may not look like much, but those arches and corner pieces are essential to castle building), and a horse (too bad there's no saddle).

Edited by InvincibleEagle

Wish list:

A castle expansion pack, similar to gatehouse but for just a wall.

A proper castle for the dragon knights.

And last, a set with two wizard hits, one for a g :classic: :classic: d wizard, one for a b :devil: d one.

How about different sections of the castle as well- kind of a modular addition?

That castle would be very nice!

I really hope that after LOTR Lego does a really nice castle theme like the 2007 Fantasy era with darker colors and more realistic armor. I couldn't understand why Lego didn't use dark red instead of bright fire engine red on the lion knights in Kingdoms. It would have been so much more cool and would have offset some of the grey wall syndrome of the Kings Castle set. Hopefully Lego will do castle more justice in the future.

Those are pretty good deals. As soon as the LEGO store has an AFOL day and I get my 15% off I am going to buy a large number of battle packs. 20 or so of each. I want to gather an army of at least 100 of each of these factions. I do really enjoy some of the figures even if their heraldry is very childish. I do like the variety of torsos in the battle packs and prefer that for army building as opposed to the sets. In all honesty I just don't need that much more brick from the sets either. I am still opening and sorting out all of the sets I bought 3-4 years ago. I am very disappointed that they replaced one of the figs in the battle pack with a little set! :thumbdown: What will be really upsetting, is when they come out with a chess set right after I make my purchase of battle packs. That would make my purchase totally stupid on a per figure cost comparison. :blush:

The new CMF wiz rad has been revealed in Special Themes if anyone is interested. There is supposed to be a new princess and jester as well.

I think that the next time that Castle comes back, it will use the new hat for highborn ladies. It is just a great mold but I just dislike the color choice. It limits it to storybook princesses. Hopefully the mold will get reused in blue or red.

I think you're right about that part usage. Same with the wizard's hat. I don't mind the color on the princess though. I like the variety.

I'd still kinda like the next Castle theme to be either a return/reboot of Fantasy or--somewhat related to that--actually turning Heroica from a board game into a theme with named characters akin to Ninjago, Chima, Ultra Agents, Galaxy Squad, etc. I know we got a Barbarian in the CMF line, but a Thief, Ranger, Druid, Mage, etc could be a lot of fun to see, too.

Still, I'd love any Castle theme that gave us more than knights/generic troops, a wizard, and royalty. More peasants, more races, more adventurers/heroes could be a lot of fun and open up the theme to different builds (instead of another King's Castle, why not a ruined fortress with a few mystical/evil guardians and some valuable/magical treasure, with a couple heroes seeking it out?)

I'd still kinda like the next Castle theme to be either a return/reboot of Fantasy or--somewhat related to that--actually turning Heroica from a board game into a theme with named characters akin to Ninjago, Chima, Ultra Agents, Galaxy Squad, etc. I know we got a Barbarian in the CMF line, but a Thief, Ranger, Druid, Mage, etc could be a lot of fun to see, too.

Still, I'd love any Castle theme that gave us more than knights/generic troops, a wizard, and royalty. More peasants, more races, more adventurers/heroes could be a lot of fun and open up the theme to different builds (instead of another King's Castle, why not a ruined fortress with a few mystical/evil guardians and some valuable/magical treasure, with a couple heroes seeking it out?)

Part of that equation is worrisome because ninjago/chima often somehow includes wacky helicopters and tanks. Unlicensed, named characters/story have not worked that well with castle in the past.

But the rest of what you're saying, I like it a lot. If we were looking at traditional roll playing fantasy archetypes, that could be really fun. CMF level detail and character. There's some potential there.

That sounds pretty much like Lord of the Rings/ Hobbit. Why should TLC do series, when they ara already doing a licensed version of it.

Granted id' like to have more variety in regards of MFs heraldy and sets, too. But something else than the 5 standard sets/slot (army builder, cart, outpost, evil tower big castle) wont be released before 2016. Thats just a second Wave thing. D**n f***ing marketing.

btw. has there been a second wave for theme that was not licensend, city or chima/ninjago?

Good point about the vehicles; hadn't considered that! Castle definitely doesn't need that kinda thing. Carriages, wagons, carts, the odd non-powered catapult and ballista are fine... even in a magical faux-Warcraft world I think they're better off avoiding motorized vehicles (save it for a steampunk theme! Then people can take the clockwork & steam-powered rides from THAT theme and Gnome/Goblin them up into WoW-ish stuff for their Castle heroes & villains if they really want)

Edit:

btw. has there been a second wave for theme that was not licensend, city or chima/ninjago?

Kingdoms had a second wave, didn't it? Fantasy, too, had at least a couple waves.

Edited by Venkefedo

Edit:

Kingdoms had a second wave, didn't it? Fantasy, too, had at least a couple waves.

you are right and the second/addiotional waves we're where we got the interesting stuff. anyway: i wanted to add "since 2011" since the second kingdoms wave was 2011

i think TLC should keep themes longer around and expand them. (but please not like chima, or ninjago, though ninjago had a couple of good sets... and ninjas)

If castle does come back in 2015 I hope tlg just continues from kingdoms. Just continously add new kingdoms. I remember as a kid how I use love seeing a single wolfpack or forestman lingering in a new black knight or dragon master set.

Boots UK have the small set with 4 figs half price £4, how many do I need?

I don't think they are the best looking army but they are cheap

Yeah that set is now $8AUD at a nearby Target, but I already have 4 unopened boxes plus a few stored up to give away. I don't know where they got their stock from, I haven't seen it anywhere else this year! It was a bargain for us at the original price...

Just found one in Tesco for £2 only one there, it was just behind ramdom lego

don't think I will bother getting more for £4 its a great print but the figs look a little young next to my LOTR army it just does not look good at all

I passed by Toy R Us today, and a huge amount of castle stuff came out of no where. There must have been at least 10 kings castles and countless of the other sets. I wonder of that could indicate anything...