CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

That's pretty cool. As soon as I figure out whether or not my computer can play Blu-ray I'll consider picking it up. :blush: It's a really nice variant.

I don't have a Blu-ray player either currently (When my DVD player dies, I'll upgrade to Blu-ray but not replace my DVDs since the new player will upconvert). It had a DVD copy as well.

Not sure if anyone has posted this but my copy of Unexpected Journey just came from Target.

{pic}

That's really cool! Thanks for the pictures! :classic:

I'll probably wait a little while for the price to go down at retail or whatever and just rip it from the public library; minifigure isn't one of those exclusive things I have to have, plus I don't use my Blu-Ray player as much anymore.

I don't have a Blu-Ray, and either way I'd hold off. It's a cool figure, but I intend to get the three-piece extended edition box set when it comes out.

I picked up the Target Exclusive Lego Blu Ray pack this morning, I almost thought I had missed out on it since there weren't any in the movie area. So I decided to check the checkout endcaps as they usually put the new releases out there as well. Sure enough they had 8 of them on the Hobbit checkout endcap.

Also, FYI, at least at my Target it rang up at $29.99 so they had to credit it back to $22.99.

I picked up the Target Exclusive Lego Blu Ray pack this morning, I almost thought I had missed out on it since there weren't any in the movie area. So I decided to check the checkout endcaps as they usually put the new releases out there as well. Sure enough they had 8 of them on the Hobbit checkout endcap.

Also, FYI, at least at my Target it rang up at $29.99 so they had to credit it back to $22.99.

Good to know. My wife is going to pick it up for me today so I will pass the word on to her.

Fought the snowstorm this morning to get the Bilbo exclusive at my Target! It was worth shoveling out the car--for whatever reason, my Target was already starting to run low on these Hobbit combo packs.

I posted a bunch of photos of him on my blog, but here's a couple:

20130319-133830-e1363715160273-640x828.jpg

20130319-140006-e1363716106809-640x857.jpg

20130319-133818-e1363715202942-640x858.jpg

Edited by MaxGoof

The patern printing on his scarf and vest is fantastic. I love the second face. Not quite as crazy about the first.

Great minifig, but I really don't want to spend that much for a minifig. Since I plan on buying the full Hobbit DVD set once there all out…

Got my Hobbit film and it shows on the box that a lego hobbit: an unexpected journey featurette is included.

It really isn't all that different from the featurettes that we've already seen from Lego, but it's still pretty well done. And a nice tease at the end that more sets are indeed on the way (I personally thought it was a tease about a Lego Smaug, but I digress).

When can we expect to see the sets for the Hobbit 2? September?

Well, there are no confirmations yet, but I bet we'll see some sets in November, just about the same time we saw The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey sets starting to show up.

If it helps to mentally place the BluRay Bilbo minifig into the movie. The vest and scarf on the minifig match what Bilbo is wearing right at the very beginning of the movie, when he firsts meets Gandalf while he is sitting in front of Bag End. There is probably a deleted scene somewhere that has him wearing a blue coat over that initial outfit.

Am I the only one, who thinks it is creepy? That face is just... Creepy. Don't really like the outfit too. If I would not be told it was him, then I would think it is some sort of old guy.

Am I the only one, who thinks it is creepy? That face is just... Creepy. Don't really like the outfit too. If I would not be told it was him, then I would think it is some sort of old guy.

Exactly what I thought of the redcoat Bilbo; I think if the wrinkles were removed the minifig would look a lot better. In any case I only keep the scared face showing on mine.

Meh, the face looks pretty good to me. Martin Freeman does have bag under his eyes as Bilbo, so I think that's the reason for the wrinkles.

Exactly what I thought of the redcoat Bilbo; I think if the wrinkles were removed the minifig would look a lot better. In any case I only keep the scared face showing on mine.

I agree. He looks weird with all those wrinkles.

"Warner Bros. has confirmed that the first film in the new trilogy, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, will receive the Extended Edition treatment in a late 2013"

some of us hope that the Bilbo exclusive comes in the Extended Edition :classic:

extra info: the extended edition will be released and will feature 20 to 25 additional minutes.

Edited by WEREWOLF

My Target doesn't have the it anyway. They have the combo pack but not with the minifigure. :hmpf_bad:

How bout your closest Walmart?