A couple of years ago.. before toddler:

IMG_2709.JPG

Sadly.. apart from the 8480 Shuttle, 8880, and 8455, they are all packed up in boxes.. awaiting a time in the not-too-distant-future, where little boy can join in with the 'little lego' building.. (he's almost out of Duplo! haha)

RB

Nice collection and setting, David83! :thumbup:

Is that a white/black 9392 I see? Nice space and collection.

yes it is and thank you

Nice office. Where do you display the sets? I am currently remodeling my basement with a home office which will include a building area.

they were on the shelves in my home office but my wife took over that quickly so I'm currently remodeling my office at my work/shop and will display them there. i do most of my building in my home office in my pics or in the living room hanging out with my wife and 2 month old daughter

yes it is and thank you

they were on the shelves in my home office but my wife took over that quickly so I'm currently remodeling my office at my work/shop and will display them there. i do most of my building in my home office in my pics or in the living room hanging out with my wife and 2 month old daughter

Awesome, post pics after you complete the remodel.

Here are some pics of my current collection. Sorry for the bad pics. My camera broke down so had to use my spare camera...

dscn0737g.jpg

dscn0736hxj.jpg

dscn0733cs.jpg

dscn0729rp.jpg

dscn0730e.jpg

@ Samanen: Nice collection! What's that Homer Simpson doll doing on the top shelf with that black tow truck? homer-thinking.gif

What's that Homer Simpson doll doing on the top shelf with that black tow truck?

What's he doing at the end of your sentence David? :look:

@ Samanen: Nice collection! What's that Homer Simpson doll doing on the top shelf with that black tow truck? homer-thinking.gif

Haha! :laugh: Thanks DLuders.

I'm actually a huge fan of The Simpsons and especially Homer. I used to have that doll hanging in the rear sidewindow in my car, but it doesn't fit in my new car so it's standing on my shelf now :wink:

Part of my collection stored in the garage (hidden from the missus :tongue: ). I still have one of each of these sets at home to be played (legally declared :laugh: )

...photo of stash deleted...

Tisk, tisk. You really need to get the missus on board with you obsession (er hobby). It will be bad when she finds it, they always find it!

My wife just opens my LEGO closet and says, "He brought the LEGO store home and put it in here". I think I buy more becuse she is on board with my obsession (er hobby).

Good luck,

Andy D

This is mine working place,

I have 4 meters off desk and a laptop on it.

This is a photo from a half year ago and mine collection is now a little bigger. I got about 25 sets but al sorted out. I only build sets 1 time and than a break it off for building MOC's

Olso i find Bricklinck and order there now more than i buy sets.

I own about now plus/minus 140000 technic parst and only33-milts brickparts.

124_2418_1.jpg

For my taste, this is one of the nicest most functional LEGO build spaces I have seen!

My LEGO room has a mish mash of furniture. I really need to just take my LEGO room apart take the exiting furnature to a donation center and start fresh and make a new build/storage space, and of course finish sorting several thousand parts.

Thanks for he inspiration.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

[bUMP]

Nice Collections... I have noticed that many people have the classics like 8480, 8880, and 8868. I have adopted an odd policy of not buying those sets since I am not from that era. Nevertheless, my collection:

And an Nxt 2.0 with some extras...

...photo of stash deleted...

Tisk, tisk. You really need to get the missus on board with you obsession (er hobby). It will be bad when she finds it, they always find it!

My wife just opens my LEGO closet and says, "He brought the LEGO store home and put it in here". I think I buy more becuse she is on board with my obsession (er hobby).

Good luck,

Andy D

124_2418_1.jpg

For my taste, this is one of the nicest most functional LEGO build spaces I have seen!

My LEGO room has a mish mash of furniture. I really need to just take my LEGO room apart take the exiting furnature to a donation center and start fresh and make a new build/storage space, and of course finish sorting several thousand parts.

Thanks for he inspiration.

Andy D

Thanks @ Andy D,

It's works very fine when you have enough buidling space and i am lucky that i have that, this is already an older photo at will make in the next futere a newer one.

Edited by VFracingteam

Nice set up, I tried to load a picture of mine, and as you can tell it was a total failure, LOL. The one thing I hate about this site, I can't seem to load any pictures off my computer. Oh well, some battles you just can't win.

Dan

@ skylinedan: You could follow the Eurobricks "Posting Deeplinked Images from Brickshelf" guidance to post your pictures. You can't expect images hosted on your computer's Hard Drive to directly link here; you have to post them somewhere like Brickshelf, Flickr, or Photobucket first. You could attach a small image to your post, but everyone only gets an allotment of 150k of attachments, so that doesn't go very far.

Now is as good as time as any.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=523627

These are most of my parts. I don't have pictures of wheels (there are an entire massive bins worth) panels, hooks, hoses, system bricks and other specialty parts that are hard to fit in cases like this. In all I am missing about 1/3rd of the parts for the photos but you get the general idea.

Most of the cases are the stanley sortmaster cases that you can pick up for around 13 bucks on amazon. The cases are 8 bricks or 24 plates tall or 10 studs tall. In many of the beam photos you will see stacks of beam with a #10 axle holding them together vertically....so there are either 10 or 20 of them stacked. The engine blocks are 4 per stack. Basically, the cases are much deeper than they appear in pictures and ALOT of parts fit in each.

The axle case alone weighs 18lbs.

Of course none of this includes the parts for any of the real models (there are 260 of them) or any of the MOC's...I lost count.

These are just my "spare" parts.

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=523627

These are most of my parts. I don't have pictures of wheels (there are an entire massive bins worth) panels, hooks, hoses, system bricks and other specialty parts that are hard to fit in cases like this. In all I am missing about 1/3rd of the parts for the photos but you get the general idea.

Most of the cases are the stanley sortmaster cases that you can pick up for around 13 bucks on amazon. The cases are 8 bricks or 24 plates tall or 10 studs tall. In many of the beam photos you will see stacks of beam with a #10 axle holding them together vertically....so there are either 10 or 20 of them stacked. The engine blocks are 4 per stack. Basically, the cases are much deeper than they appear in pictures and ALOT of parts fit in each.

Of course none of this includes the parts for any of the real models (there are 260 of them) or any of the MOC's...I lost count.

wow! that's humongous stash of parts! did you bought most of them from bricklink?

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=523627

*huh**oh2*:oh::oh3:

I was looking at the pics before reading the comment, so I was thinking "that's an huge amount of parts (e.g. the big gears or engine blocks). Then I read the comment....

Only spare parts!!!!

Man, you have a lot, but I think you knew that :wink:

I'm wondering though: why?

Why do you need SO MUCH of everything? A box full of suspension, a box full of engine blocks, a box full of.... Why?

*huh**oh2*:oh::oh3:

I was looking at the pics before reading the comment, so I was thinking "that's an huge amount of parts (e.g. the big gears or engine blocks). Then I read the comment....

Only spare parts!!!!

Man, you have a lot, but I think you knew that :wink:

I'm wondering though: why?

Why do you need SO MUCH of everything? A box full of suspension, a box full of engine blocks, a box full of.... Why?

Why?!

Great question. A few reasons

1) I build quite a few MOC's so my way of building them cheaper is to be prepared. Sure I have to order the parts in quantities that I couldn't possibly be prepared for but you can be sure that i almost never have to buy gears, pins, axles, technic bricks, or most any connectors.

2) When I started buying legos (about 3 years ago) I would buy stuff from Ebay and Craigslist in bolster my parts collection since I was buying so many incomplete sets on ebay and then completing them for my personal "set" collection. Which as I said before is over 260 sets

3) I have swallowed up a few different collections in the last two years from big collectors. Mostly people interested in RCX and NXT since the parts I can use and the computer bricks and sensors I can sell. Sometimes i sell the extras and sometimes I keep them.

4) In the case of the Black gears and the Red Pistons (which are RUST by the way) I just like the parts. Since I have built so many MOC's I have made many, many orders around the world. So, since I always have certain parts on my Wanted List I just grab them when a store has them. Do I need that many, No, but Ill be prepared if Paul makes his next car with DBG Engines and Red Pistons (or DBG but that would look terrible...or even Dark Turquoise....those took a LONG time to collect).

5) I buy parts for MOC's that I HOPE to build. For instance, I have 2 sets of 8448 wheels (from parted out purchases on Ebay) just hoping that the opportunity arrives for me to build Either of Sheepos Bugatti or 911.

6) In the case of the Yellow springs and the hubs from 8466. I have MANY of them. Total..probably 14 now but only 9 are still in "set" form. The rest are parted out since it has so many useful (and valuable parts). Plus I needed the Wheels for other projects so the suspensions are left.

7) ...and I can't say this in bold enough letters.... INVESTMENT! I started out buying some rare parts when I thought they were going to never be made again and that if I had to, I could sell them at a nice profit. I haven't been wrong yet. Notice the large bags of Black Bushes and Black Axle pins? I saw they were getting expensive years ago and stocked up. I think there are over a 1000 of the black bushes and and 850 pins.

Then again.... I do have quite a bit and I cringe every time the next purchase forces me to completely re-sort everything because a particular part has out-grown its space.

I must say you have quite the collection, I bought a lot of large mise lots on Ebay when I first got back into it in 09. 500 up too 2500 piece lots of verious parts n pieces. I got a few odd pieces, I have "one" dark turquoise piston, LOL. All together I might have 40,000 pieces, over a million is had to grasp even after seeing your pics.

Dan

Why?!

Great question. A few reasons

[...]

2) When I started buying legos (about 3 years ago) I would buy stuff from Ebay and Craigslist in bolster my parts collection since I was buying so many incomplete sets on ebay and then completing them for my personal "set" collection. Which as I said before is over 260 sets

[...]

You bought all of this in 3 years, I'm envious :tongue:

Anyway, could (and want) you make a picture of your sets too? I'm particuarly intersted in how you stored them?