Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest II: Day Four

Wow, I take a loooong nap and suddenly everyone starts discussing lynch candidates wildly. Well, certainly nothing wrong with that :sweet:. I think it's important that we make a wise decision today. We can't afford to lynch without learning anything from it, especially since we don't seem to be getting much information during the night. I'm going to go think about all the cases that have been presented today before I provide any of my own opinions. There's a lot for this little mouse to process...

I thought that made it clear that Portia was searching for someone, and that someone found her instead. Who else could that be but the SK? Why Gilbert ended up in the middle of it is a bit of a mystery, but I guess it's just because he was the one Portia suspected, so when the SK found her, it was at his house.

I'm sorry, what? Maybe my mouse brain is too tiny, could you please spell this out for me? In what way has the nightly events made it clear that Portia was searching for the SK, and that the axe killer is the SK? I would have thought she was searching for evil cultists... And just to get this straight: you mean that the trap killer is the Cultist killer (who killed one of their own on night 1), or that the Cultists aren't killing at all? :wacko: Sorry, it just doesn't add up in my head.

*squeak* Did Casey say something about instincts? Why did I have to fall in love with someone's who's instinct is to eat me?

However, with this new theory coming to light... what do people think? Axe murderer is apparently a SK, which means that either the cultists killed one of their own the first night, or have no kill? Which one do we think it is?

Please tell me somebody else also finds both of these suggestions crazy. :wacko:

Unless there's another killer that's been blocked every single night so far, it hardly makes sense for the axe killer not to be the scum killer. Unless our god is insane and expects the townies to drop dead themselves so the scum don't have to lift a finger. Or if the scum really went out and killed one of their own. :facepalm:

Chews more grass.

Anywho. I'm going to Vote: Casey Cat/Scouty, for reasons And if it doesn't go well, I think there's a pig to be roasted tomorrow. I have to agree with Pancho, it's likely one or the other. Both have been suspicious enough (and in similar ways) to me to warrant my vote.

Whoops. That should be 'for reasons Cameron best summarized.'

Nei-he-he-heigh! Whew, I'm knackered, I've been galloping around all day, like horses who've been digging into the funky coloured mushrooms do. Now, time to address some things!

Although I love his thick, long, curved, throbbing, hot neck, I'm still going to have to vote: Horace Horse (iamded). I guess this is might come off as a shocking move to someone, but itchy twitchy nose is telling me that he's one of the people pulling the strings in the background. Besides, nobody who's that gorgeous can truly be good.

Sugar-cube, how could you? :oh3: I don't trust yer twitchy twitchy twitcha-twitch nose, it doesn't seem to have very good reasoning. :sceptic:

I just have this strong feeling (should I say it came from my gut) that Horace is one of the cult promotors.

Earlier today, several people (myself included) expressed their concerns over Horace's habit of subtly pushing things, speaking just enough to seem helpful, but mostly just lurking around. Well, apparently there's a whole charade going on in private.

Oh, there's your reasoning. But now it's coming from your gut? I think you should take a close look at this nose and gut, I think they're feeding you misinformation... That, or you misheard, I'm a colt promoter, sugar. :grin:

I speak up when I can, and I try to vote when I'm most confident in it. You may see me standing about, or 'lurking', but that doesn't mean I'm all here, if you know what I mean. You know horses can sleep standing up? So while I may appear to be here, it's likely I'm off doing something else, like sleepin'.

As for this 'whole charade' going on in private, I must admit I have no idea what your talkin' about. Care t' explain?

I always hope and able to contribute myself more... From what I had understood so far, and attempting to decphier wrongly, there is definitely a SK (Serial Killer) and this SK is alive and kicking... and is now working together with the cultists... I am almost 100% certain of this logic. The SK kill by the usage of axe! And, I believe we got almost no certain solution to stop the SK, unless we are able to convict that person.

Huh, I was under the impression the axe killer was the cultist killer. You seem very sure of yourself, and there are some things you say that don't add up, that the squawking pigeon was kind enough to summarise.

I'd feel a lot safer with more sheep around. BAWK!

Hm, the evidence you bring forth does point the other way. I've been assuming the SK was the trap killer because they killed a cultist, an assumption I thought many people were making. The alternative was that it was a vigilante and that the axe murderer was the serial killer, which left the cultists without a kill, something that seemed strange to me, but now you're saying that the clues point that way, unless the cultists randomly killed off one of their own the first night. The third option was that the axe killer was the cultist kill, and the trap setter a vigilante, but I think our God is pretty BAWK! fond of third parties, so I figured there would be one floating around. I hope you see why I'd assume the first option to be true.

However, with this new theory coming to light... what do people think? Axe murderer is apparently a SK, which means that either the cultists killed one of their own the first night, or have no kill? Which one do we think it is?

I think more people need to respond to this. If we figure out what's killing what, or at least come to a general consensus, it could make things easier. We need as little confusion as possible to root out these scum, and I think coming to a consensus on his matter would help in that regard. Personally, I think the axe killer is scum, the trap killer is either a serial killer or a very unlucky and reckless vigilante (not that far fetched, if this is anything like those Mafia story books), and Ernie Elephant was a lover who couldn't live without his beloved. However, that still leaves two points I don't understand - 1) why the axe killer got a double kill last night, and 2) why a lover death warranted a visit from the Fox to take his soul. :look:

Now, I really need to evaluate the past 3 days and take a look-see at people's behaviours, now that we've got a bunch of townies cleared things should hopefully be more revealing.

I'm sorry, what? Maybe my mouse brain is too tiny, could you please spell this out for me? In what way has the nightly events made it clear that Portia was searching for the SK, and that the axe killer is the SK? I would have thought she was searching for evil cultists... And just to get this straight: you mean that the trap killer is the Cultist killer (who killed one of their own on night 1), or that the Cultists aren't killing at all? :wacko: Sorry, it just doesn't add up in my head.

I really thought I was clear, heck, I thought it was clear without having to explain it, and then I did, and you still don't get it? Did you read the quotes? We're all searching for cultists, but did any other killing have all of that extra information attached? Was anyone else specifically looking for someone who then specifically said that they had found them? Obviously, they were looking for each other, which is much more a psychiatrist/SK type situation than a simple town/cultist situation. I never said that the trap killer was a cultist, that would make no sense given the first night, I'm sure that's our town vigilante, who has unfortunately made a couple of wrong choices, but it's a tough role, without a doubt, so it's hard to blame them and I'm sure they'll be more careful in the future.

The whole point of trying to understand who is killing and why is to figure out what the cultists are doing and determine if there is a serial killer (which there clearly is). At this point, the only killing that hasn't been the trap or axe killer has been Ernie's bizarre suicide, which I interpret as some kind of drugging by the scum. If you read it carefully, you'll see that he was wandering and "somewhat dazed", which says to me that he was being influenced by something. It certainly got a reaction out of their freaky fox, who left behind a mysterious bottle. I'm willing to bet that isn't a good thing. If I had to try to figure out the mechanics of the situation, I'd say that they were required to do something for a certain amount of time before earning the ability to kill. After successfully killing someone, they appear to have been rewarded. Poison? Whatever made Ernie kill himself? Mouthwash? There's no way to tell what it is, but if it's mouthwash, I bet it's mint.

It's pure speculation, but it fits the pattern, to me. Is that clearer now?

If you don't mind, I'm going to move over here into the light. We sheep prefer light to shadows because of our poor depth perception. Despite that, even I could see that the axe maniac is some kind of serial killer. Geez. :hmpf:

Unless there's another killer that's been blocked every single night so far, it hardly makes sense for the axe killer not to be the scum killer. Unless our god is insane and expects the townies to drop dead themselves so the scum don't have to lift a finger. Or if the scum really went out and killed one of their own. :facepalm:

:wacko:

Personally, I think the axe killer is scum, the trap killer is either a serial killer or a very unlucky and reckless vigilante (not that far fetched, if this is anything like those Mafia story books), and Ernie Elephant was a lover who couldn't live without his beloved. However, that still leaves two points I don't understand - 1) why the axe killer got a double kill last night, and 2) why a lover death warranted a visit from the Fox to take his soul. :look:

:wacko:

Seriously people, think back to the beginning of the day, it's all spelled out clearly! :angry:

"This is just like the book Harriet Slutter and the Firepants of Whacking Stump" Portia whispers to nobody in particular. "...where Harriet and her friends crash into the whacking stump with a flying PT Cruiser and end up finding a secret passage to the drooling hut, where Harriet finds the killer and saves the day!!"

I may have added emphasis, since some of you can't read! There's no "find the scum killer" role in these situations, it's always a serial killer that someone is specifically tasked with finding. :hmpf_bad:

Uhm, yes, a bit. But this is still a lot for my brain to process. Forgive me for being slow. And thank you for spelling it out for us :sweet:. So, what you're saying is that we have a vig, a serial killer, and that the cultists haven't been able to kill before last night for some reason. The kill MO of burning up definitely does seem to fit more with the nature of those Cultists, and the fact that the fox spirit got something out of it does seem to hint at it too. So if we assume that the Cultists are the ones who killed Ernie. Why Ernie? Have we looked at that angle yet? What made him someone they would want to get rid of? I think I'm going to look back at what he has said in the past to look for clues...

If you don't mind, I'm going to move over here into the light. We sheep prefer light to shadows because of our poor depth perception. Despite that, even I could see that the axe maniac is some kind of serial killer. Geez. :hmpf:

Good for you for being so damn smart :hmpf:

I may have added emphasis, since some of you can't read! There's no "find the scum killer" role in these situations, it's always a serial killer that someone is specifically tasked with finding. :hmpf_bad:

But I suck at riddles! :sing:

*squeak* I need some cheese to gather strength to make sense of all of this...

That makes just as little sense, if I was trying to push away from Pennie I wouldn't have reposted all of my reasons for wanting to vote for her. My implied statement above was that Pennie is attempting to meatshield Casey by voting early for a fellow cultist to try and clear her name. Clearly such tactical thoughts are above your little mind. :hmpf: I made the point that on Day one, Pennie did exactly as you are doing now, she worked hard to lynch someone other than Casey. Now, she is very quick to try and convict Casey, as if trying to get in early with a fast attempt at a meatshield.

I think it's entirely possible that both are cultists by that logic. I am still pretty keen to lynch Pennie, however I can respect the logical thoughts that Cameron presented above and would like to hear a response to them from Casey, hence my vote. I think they make sense, there wasn't any need to repeat them. As we are in no rush and should explore all possibilities, I am actively using my vote to put pressure on Casey to answer. Funny that you completely ignored all of that and immediately latched on to me, it's almost like you are desperate to direct the votes away from Casey. Why is that, is there some reason you think Cameron is wrong about Casey?

Oh come now, you've been calling me scum repeatedly for since yesterday and had me noted down since Day 1, yet you are pretending to push against me. Almost every post you make you mention how scummy I am and how weird the thing's I have done are. Yet you still have trouble pushing for a vote. When Cameron made his little accusation against Casey, he showed he wanted Casey out and persuaded us with reasoning to vote for her and so far has been successful. Yet you seem to constantly ramble on about how people are suspicious and yet you never seem to take it that extra step. At the end of the day, only one of use (myself and Casey) can be scum (logically) and so if you think its me then vote me, but don't just say so and then talk about a roasting tomorrow because your incompetence is starting to piss me off.

I'm asking you why you aren't putting your money where you mouth is. Simple as that. It's strange to not do it. And yes, of course I'm desperate to direct votes away from Casey. Another classic cultist tell, attack the attacker immediately, even before there's pressure. Cultists are just more fiery and likely to panic, I guess.

As parrot agrees, money where ya mouth is. If you're town Booker and you genuinely think I am that scummy then just vote for me and when its wrong go shove a stick up your big behind. However if you're scum then this makes sense, you accuse someone heavily, then wait for someone else to vote for them before jumping in. So it wasn't you who made the first vote, yet you got rid of a villager without drawing too much attention to yourself.

All this idiocracy is beginning to make my skin go dry, and the mud is drying up to. Better get to the fire station and soak off!

Some of us have a village to run, you know? I don't have time to recount everything Horace has ever said during this crazy shebang. I just have this strong feeling (should I say it came from my gut) that Horace is one of the cult promotors.

Oh, by the way, I was reviewing the past days, seeing if I could find something of interest. Found this rather amusing. :laugh:

You call me out for being aggressive, when my entire reason for voting for Pennie is that she was so aggressively after Petey. Again, how can Pennie know anything certain about Petey? She's swearing by her gut feeling, and haven't we all heard that one before?

Where's my saddle? I want to be ridden!

As parrot agrees, money where ya mouth is. If you're town Booker and you genuinely think I am that scummy then just vote for me and when its wrong go shove a stick up your big behind. However if you're scum then this makes sense, you accuse someone heavily, then wait for someone else to vote for them before jumping in. So it wasn't you who made the first vote, yet you got rid of a villager without drawing too much attention to yourself.

There are already votes against you, I could quite easily have "jumped on" if I wanted to. :hmpf: Still no answer to any of the accusations placed against you I notice, just more whinny attacks.

I still think both Pennie and Casey could easily be scum, we shouldn't be confining ourselves to a one-or-the-other vote. I honestly don't care which one goes first, they are both unhelpful and equally suspicious. My own reasoning was more in favour of Pennie being scum, but I was willing to take a moment from that to listen to other options, like that presented by Cameron.

Since Casey has actually bothered to try and answer some of the questions posed to her, I think I will change my vote, as Pennie has done no such thing. Unvote: Casey Cat (Scouty), Vote: Pennie Pig (Eskallon).

Don't think you're off the hook though Casey, I still intend to hear more from you, a lot of what you have done does not add up. I would welcome some other opinions on which way people are considering going.

Fish... so tasty...

Oh, by the way, I was reviewing the past days, seeing if I could find something of interest. Found this rather amusing. :laugh:

Truth be told, when I spoke of my gut, I meant a private conversation with someone (hence the italics). I just wanted to see your reaction to my vote before saying it out loud. :wink:

You still play the nice guy, Horace, and you certainly keep your cool. Your non-commitalism and lurkership still bother me, though. You are a perfect candidate for a cultist, and the private talk I had only made that feeling deeper. Voting you was a gamble, as I still don't know the truth about the matter, but after tonight, I most probably will.

Until that, I shall unvote: Horace Horse (iamded) and go BOING in the grass. I can crouch really low, you know. :wink:

00_npc_marcellus.jpg

I just got a letter from my Mother. I'm so embarrassed. Apparently I'm in a National Geographic special scratching my megablocks. :cry_sad: Damn you, National Geographic paparazzi!

vote tally

Gordon Gorilla (Scubacarrot): 2 votes (penalty, penalty)

Casey Cat (Scouty): 3 votes (Scubacarrot, Rufus, Eskallon)

Pennie Pig (Eskallon): 2 votes (Dannylonglegs, Dragonator)

Booker Bear (Dragonator): 2 votes (penalty, Zepher)

Never before in my life has the difference between a slash and parentheses been a life or death decision. :look:Vote: Casey Cat (Scouty).

Chews on grass.

Never before in my life has the difference between a slash and parentheses been a life or death decision. :look: Vote: Casey Cat (Scouty).

Chews on grass.

mod_note_01.jpg

Mod note: Rules are rules.

00_npc_marcellus.jpg

Beware of poachers. None of us need our brains eaten... :look:

vote tally

Casey Cat (Scouty): 4 votes (Scubacarrot, Rufus, Eskallon, CallMePie)

Pennie Pig (Eskallon): 2 votes (Dannylonglegs, Dragonator)

Am I missing something, what do you mean, Miss Hippo? :wacko:

I'm just going to peel another banana. Starting from the underside, it's much easier, try it next time you peel a banana!

Ah, Nevermind. I got it, sorry.

Am I missing something, what do you mean, Miss Hippo? :wacko:

I'm just going to peel another banana. Starting from the underside, it's much easier, try it next time you peel a banana!

I'm saying it's funny how the difference between a slash and parentheses can have such an impact on someone's life or death. If you use a slash your vote doesn't count.

Be careful, I get the worst cases of BIIFD from bananas... :look:

Gnaws on grass.

Not like grass. Grass has always been there for me.

Please tell me somebody else also finds both of these suggestions crazy. :wacko:

Please tell me somebody else also finds BAWK!

I agree they're ridiculous, but they are the only scenarios I can think of, assuming Shawna is right in her logical insistence that the axe murderer is the SK. I agree their crazy... but they are also apparently true.

BAWK! Do you feel foolish now for pretending I was the only one making that assumption. :laugh::blush: Also, since you seem to have all the answers Shawna, please answer my question. Which side do you believe the trap-setter is on, assuming, as you do, that the axe murderer is a SK?

And finally, First Lady, please please please explain your vote against Horace. If you feel strongly about it, which you must because you voted, it is EXTREMELY important you tell the town what you know.

I agree they're ridiculous, but they are the only scenarios I can think of, assuming Shawna is right in her logical insistence that the axe murderer is the SK. I agree their crazy... but they are also apparently true.

When did she say this? :wacko: That's an awful logical insistence. The assumption is that it's more likely that either the scum has no killer, or that they killed one of themselves, than it is that there's simply not an SK?? :sceptic: Now I'm unsure as to who brought this up, but whoever it was needs to lay off the weed.

Seriously, the weeds growing out of the sidewalk over there make you do some crazy stuff. :look:

Chews on some more good ol' fashioned grass.

Um.... are you serious? Shawna has twice pointed out why she believes the axe murderer is the SK....

I thought that made it clear that Portia was searching for someone, and that someone found her instead. Who else could that be but the SK? Why Gilbert ended up in the middle of it is a bit of a mystery, but I guess it's just because he was the one Portia suspected, so when the SK found her, it was at his house.

I really thought I was clear, heck, I thought it was clear without having to explain it, and then I did, and you still don't get it? Did you read the quotes? We're all searching for cultists, but did any other killing have all of that extra information attached? Was anyone else specifically looking for someone who then specifically said that they had found them? Obviously, they were looking for each other, which is much more a psychiatrist/SK type situation than a simple town/cultist situation. I never said that the trap killer was a cultist, that would make no sense given the first night, I'm sure that's our town vigilante, who has unfortunately made a couple of wrong choices, but it's a tough role, without a doubt, so it's hard to blame them and I'm sure they'll be more careful in the future.

The whole point of trying to understand who is killing and why is to figure out what the cultists are doing and determine if there is a serial killer (which there clearly is). At this point, the only killing that hasn't been the trap or axe killer has been Ernie's bizarre suicide, which I interpret as some kind of drugging by the scum. If you read it carefully, you'll see that he was wandering and "somewhat dazed", which says to me that he was being influenced by something. It certainly got a reaction out of their freaky fox, who left behind a mysterious bottle. I'm willing to bet that isn't a good thing. If I had to try to figure out the mechanics of the situation, I'd say that they were required to do something for a certain amount of time before earning the ability to kill. After successfully killing someone, they appear to have been rewarded. Poison? Whatever made Ernie kill himself? Mouthwash? There's no way to tell what it is, but if it's mouthwash, I bet it's mint.

And I apologize Shawna, you did point out your thoughts on the scum killer. You think it took Ernie setting himself on fire for them to earn a kill. Thank you, it is at the very least a interesting (and extremely worrisome) theory.

Is that clearer now? BAWK!

Oh, Shawna, your grandma sent you a postcard from Autumn Safety-Depoisit-Box, the village to the north!! She says that they've started to eat each other up there and they're also voting people to be killed. I mean.... I don't read the mail I deliver. :look:BAWK!

Autumn Safety-Depoisit-Box,

mod_note_04.jpg

Mod note: Excuse me, don't you read? The village downstream is called Autumn Falls...upstream is Summer Brook. God damn it. :hmpf_bad:

:tongue:

00_npc_marcellus.jpg

Oh, right...and I'm a monkey and I jack off and throw it and people, etc...

I don't read the mail I deliver! BAWK!

Is downstream north? I'm sorry, I have a terrible sense of direction. :look:

Oh, right...and I'm a monkey and I jack off and throw it and people, etc...

I'm pretty sure that's not accurate monkey behaviour.

I'm going to play with my banana, I suggest you do the same.

I don't read the mail I deliver! BAWK!

Is downstream north? I'm sorry, I have a terrible sense of direction. :look:

mod_note_03.jpg

Mod note: I'll BAWK! you!! :angry:

00_npc_marcellus.jpg

What are you all staring at? Does this cloak make my butt look big? No? Oh, you're all just jealous of my prehensile tail. :grin:

Ah good, just checking that you hadn't come up with any real reasons yet. :thumbup:

Yep, it's just the usual 'he does nothing except vote', or 'he's added nothing to the discussion', or 'the last time you helped the town was during the Reagan administration'. Y'know, the usual stuff. But when you're ready to join the town, let us know. :thumbup: I tell you what, to sweeten the deal, we'll cook you a lovely meal! I just hope it's not Mouse! :cry_sad:

The reason I've been silent with my suspects today is that we have already been gunning for them.

Okay. That explains the lack of suspicions cast by you today, but what about all the other days, where you were preaching that others should public denounce those whom they suspect?

Hope this bit of my 1 cent worth of analysis help, and I need to take a shower by the river side, my 'trunk' is itching for water....

It was certainly nice speech. Most uplifting. Most helpful-looking, too. I almost feeling like singing our national anthem. But would you care to analyse what has being going on in the day, as opposed to analysing the pictures night?

Beware of poachers.

*shudder* Did you know that crocodile flesh is considered a delicacy in some parts? :sick:

I'm intrigued that, compared to the last two days, there hasn't been a bandwagon as such. A number of people have brought forward suspicions, and a few have voted, but the lack of consensus is interesting, as is the lack of commentary from those hesitant to vote about the leading lynch candidates. This makes me wonder whether we're onto something.

I can't say I think much of Casey's defence. No proclamation of innocence, no attempt to help the town, just a lame attempt to cast doubt on her accusers. Her defence on day one was similarly non-existent. She even admitted to being a good lynch candidate.

I have more to say, but not the time in my busy life of being a cat, playing with little fake mice, indulging in my natural instincts, to say it right now. What? Oh, that was nothing, my dear Maurice :wub_drool:

Why do we have to wait? Consulting with your scum buddies? We're running short of time, Casey. If you're a true villager, which I doubt, how about trying to help the town?

I think my head is going to explode soon from trying to make heads or tails from all of this :wacko:.

I've been thinking about what Shawna said about Ernie maybe being the first Cultist kill (assuming the axe killer is a serial killer, and the trap killer a vig). And if I explore that theory, then I wonder why Ernie. Since I don't know anything about whether he might have had some role the Cultists were after, I can only look at day behaviour. What did Ernie do yesterday? He accused Pennie and Booker. Funnily enough, Booker also accused Pennie, and they both voted for her. But then Ernie got killed (assuming that's what happened). Could this point to the Cultists wanting to get rid of Ernie for being onto Booker? It's all wild speculation, really, but it's still a thought to keep in mind. Enough to vote out Booker today? Maybe not, but look into him? Yes, I think so. He has been under scrutiny today as well, and I don't think I have anything to add to what's been said about him really, but he's definitely on my suspect list.

Then there's the Casey case (harr harr). I feel like the case against her is largely based on day 1 behaviour. And while that may give us some ideas, I'm not sure I'm entirely convinced about it all. I don't think she's really been acting any strange at all since Day 1, but maybe I'm biased since she's my wife :look:. However, her mostly non-existant defense is sort of worrying... What I'd like to know though (forgive me if it's been said already, my head is kind of full, I'm just a tiny mouse after all...), what can we learn from her lynch if she turns up town? Does that help us narrow down other suspects?

As for Pennie, as has been said, she's been very back and forth in types of behaviour. From very upfront, to dead silent. Could be a scum tell, could be a scared townie.

Other than that, I find most of you suspicious in some way or another, but I can't really go into detail on all of you right now, and I don't really have anything much concrete to present anyway, other than gut feelings...

I'm not sure I'll have time to place my vote later, so for now I will

Vote: Pennie Pig (Eskallon)

I think this will also give us some more clues about Gordon, who I think have had some of the same tendencies as Pennie. Back and forth in types of behaviour, from aggressive accusations, to more silent nodding. And if she turns up scum, it would sort of clear Booker too.

I will try to check in before the end of the day, to see if something interesting has come up that warrants me to change my vote.

I really hope that we will actually learn something from today's lynch, and that this janitor won't be back to sweep away our potential knowledge again :cry_sad:

I hope nobody has put a mouse trap in my bed tonight. That was so not funny the last time :hmpf_bad:

00_npc_marcellus.jpg

...and cutting off monkey's hands for tourist trap sales. :cry_sad:

vote tally

Casey Cat (Scouty): 4 votes (Scubacarrot, Rufus, Eskallon, CallMePie)

Pennie Pig (Eskallon): 3 votes (Dannylonglegs, Dragonator, Cecilie)