What do you think of the Islander sets?

Pirate Vs Islander  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Islander sets?

• I love them!
    • They're alright
    • Not really
    • They're a disgrace to the Pirate theme

I don't think the Imperial Armada subtheme was bad, they only didn't work it out very well, with two sets.

About the Islanders: it's not bad, I like most of the sets. It's only not as good as the rest of the Pirates line.

:kahuka:

I don't have any of these sets, they were released during my "dark age", but I should say that I don't like them much - if I did, I could easily buy some from e-bay. :pir-blush:

I love em'! :pir_laugh2::pir-laugh::pir-wink::kahuka:

Too bad I never got to get my hands on any of them :pir-hmpf_bad: (I might buy the enchanted island off of Ebay...).

Let me interrupt this Islander love fest to say that the most disapointing moment of my life was when I asked for LEGO pirate for Christmas and got Islander sets. Even as a kid, I swore to hate the Islanders from that day on.

SOOOOOO, they make for good merchandise in my port as slaves for sale!

I will get my revenge.....

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

P.S. The imperial soldiers have their way with their women as well!

P.S.S. For all you soft-hearts, this is a joke, ok?!

I now remember I had a key chain of an Islander, but he was destroyed. I don't remember how, I have always been careful to my LEGO. :pir-look:

I don't have a islander set but i like them.And when this very site reviewed the islander girl they were completely wrong.The islander girl is king Kahuka's wife.But anyway islanders are a great lot and are perfect for island and pirate MOCs.What also helps is that lego battles showed the pirates joining up with islanders to defeat the imperial soldiers and ninjas(i still don't know how that works?). :pir-wink::pir-laugh:

I like them very much if they are in good condition! The colours must be bright! :pir-laugh:

Btw, I think my favourite Islanders set is Forbidden Cove... love it :D

I absolutely adore the islanders, and went into a fit of rage once they weren't released in the 2009 line. My first pirates set was King Kahuka, which I found in a pawn shop in 2006, so Islanders mean quite a bit to me. Enough to want to buy the Enchanted Island- which in IMHO the best pirate set next to the first two ships (and the two new ones).

I liked the Islander sets, although a little to short lived for my taste. :pir-tongue:

I find the Islanders to be very appealing.

I think what jumps out the most obviously is the bright colour scheme. I think that the reds, greens, blues, and yellows really pop against the grays and blacks. I'm a sucker for buildings and sets on baseplates and this theme delivers. I find the primitive looking structures very appropriate, and love all the details and nooks and crannies that are packed in.

The minifigures are eye catching and very detailed as well. These guys are usually equipped with lots of accessories which is always a positive thing.

I find the sets in the Islander theme work well on their own or integrated with other Pirate kits. As I often mention, playability is still a big factor for me, and this theme is great for messing around with and creating adventures.

They add a special and unique flavor to the Pirates theme that would not exist if they had never come out. I also really like the main jungle set with the river. Awsome. :pir-classic:

I am one of those elusive Islander fans, but i'm not quite sure how I started likeing them. I think it started when I played Lego racers, KK had a curcuit and there was an Islander racer also (I called him Bull man :pir-laugh: ). I remember thinking that that weirdo with the mask was cool.

"Ook Ook" :kahuka:

I like the islanders.

The last Legos I collected until some more recent sets.

I think they make great headhunters. And you can't do a Lego mutiny on the bounty without savage islanders :pir-laugh:

As a kid, these were among my favourite sets. I remember owning most of the line, aside from one or two. I sold all my islander minifigs some months ago tho :imperialguard_commander1:

Just got done re-assembling these sets on Wednesday, or at least 6256 (Catamaran) and 6278 (Enchanted Island). The idol in the 6278 was a really nice touch, and brick built to boot. Although the brick count was rather small in these sets, the plates were a good fit for the set, and the minifig count was great, but that was more the norm in the mid 90s.

I always enjoyed these sets, and thought they complimented the pirate line nicely, at the time.

I recieved this weekend my "new"(And first) Islander set 6264. :pir-wink:

Sadly enough there was 1 brick missing so i send him an e-mail and he send the missing brick.

Islanders were my faveroute!, think they added an exicting factor to the pirates theme, wish they'd releese new sets. :kahuka:

It was these guys, in fact, that reintroduced me to Lego so they hold a place in my heart.

Only have Kahuka, Island woman, three warriors and a canoe though, :pir-hmpf_bad:

Edited by Islander King