lorax

Fairy Tale Vignettes

A little while ago I did a three little pigs MOC, with the plan of building some more.

Today, I finally started building some more. I am building a set of 16x16(ish) fairy tale vignettes for an exhibition later this year.

Here is Little Red Riding Hood (with wolf, Grandma's cottage and the woodcutter).

7567361170_5f9ee66e86.jpg7567360214_e211bc747d.jpg

And here are the Three Billy Goats Gruff, with the Trollum (thanks to my husband for that name).

7567208358_cfcc494a88.jpg7567209376_70c4588634.jpg

Originally, I had autumn foliage for Little Red Riding Hood, but I thought it looked too much for a small MOC, so changed it to green.

7566558806_27701487c5.jpg

Tomorrow I am hoping to add Goldilocks or a Three Little Pigs Vignette. Thanks for taking the time to look.

Edit: Adding a new one in, Little Miss Muffet. (I have stolen the lego idea from FilipS on Flickr)

7572351798_2b3bf16cc2.jpg7572350668_f4daebf133.jpg

Cheers

Anita

Edited by lorax

Excellent MOCs! :thumbup: I really like the use of the masonry bricks. Gollum is great for a mini-troll. :laugh: What is the red piece on the top of Little Red's basket?

Great Red Riding Hood vig! The smoke from the chimney is :thumbup: !

That house looks just like it is out of a fairy tale!

Thank you Streifen.

Excellent MOCs! :thumbup: I really like the use of the masonry bricks. Gollum is great for a mini-troll. :laugh: What is the red piece on the top of Little Red's basket?

Thanks bricktooth, the red piece is a Friends flower.

My husband thought to use the Gollum when we were trying to find a troll that would be the right size.

Edited by lorax

Cool vignettes! I like the "backdrops" you built for them. Nice way to use Gollum in a non-LOTR MOC, too! :thumbup: Are you planning any more?

Edited by purpleparadox

Cool vignettes! I like the "backdrops" you built for them. Nice way to use Gollum in a non-LOTR MOC, too! :thumbup: Are you planning any more?

Thanks, I am planning a few more. I was thinking Hansel and Gretel, Goldilocks and Sleeping Beauty.

Neat! I like these!

The small house in the Red Riding Hood one is very impressive. :classic:

That tower block in your Rapunzel vig is an art in its own right already! :thumbup:

By the way, was a candy house (like a gingerbread house) featured in Hansel and Gretel? if so, make sure you make me salivate when I see your house in that vig. :tongue::laugh:

They are all wonderful vignettes 'lorax', Little Red and Rapunzel are the best ! :classic:

How about The Princess and The Pea next ? :wink:

These are all very well and easily recognizable. I particularly like the borders on the bases - it makes them feel like display pieces.

I really love those, lorax! But actually I do prefer the autum foliage, it's more unusual and goes nicely with Red Riding Hood.

These are so sweet! Especially love the red riding hood one and those clouds are genius, and the trollum one is awesome! :laugh: I'd also love to see a hansel and gretel one complete with yummy gingerbread house :wub:

Thanks everyone. I will try and do Hansel and Gretel next with the gingerbread house.

I wasn't sure Miss Kyle, it felt a bit messy. I am thinking of using the autumn foliage in a large MOC, I think it will be more effective.

I really love those, lorax! But actually I do prefer the autum foliage, it's more unusual and goes nicely with Red Riding Hood.

I agree. It just looks better.

Great job all around, lorax. It's great seeing all these and remembering the stories. I loved the Billy Goats one!

You did a great job on all of them, "lorax!" My favorite is the Billy Goats Gruff one, I like how you used Gollum as the troll, and the Little Red Riding Hood and Rapinzel ones aren't bad either. I hope you make a candy gingerbread house if you do a Hansel and Gretel one.

Edited by Lightning Dragon

We built the Hansel and Gretel on today.

7620572180_95a82a8bb0.jpg 7620566966_8e93b624d2.jpg

I found it quite difficult because I had built a gingerbread house at Christmas and I didn't want it to look the same.

I tried to make the house look like layered cake with chocolate and cream.

I might try another scene using the autumn foliage, maybe for Goldilocks (outside the window of the cottage).

I really like your vignettes. For me Rapunzel is the best one! (I love the tower!)

I also planned to do some fairy tale inspired MOCs... Maybe I'll wait a little longer... :wink:

Hmmm... Where is the autumn foliage from? (Can't find any of those colors on BrickLink!)

I really like your vignettes. For me Rapunzel is the best one! (I love the tower!)

I also planned to do some fairy tale inspired MOCs... Maybe I'll wait a little longer... :wink:

Hmmm... Where is the autumn foliage from? (Can't find any of those colors on BrickLink!)

Thanks Cerator, I think Rapunzel is also my favourite. I am playing with the idea of combining all the vignettes into one large Fairy Tale scene so I can incorporate dark woods and a castle.

The autumn foliage are not produced by Lego, they are produced by Altbricks (who also does zombie, winter and summer leaf colours).