Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

I really hope they don't do another UCS X-wing just yet. It would be the first new UCS I wouldn't be looking forward to. Lets have some ships and vehicles that haven't gotten the UCS treatment yet instead - there is at least 10 big ones yet to be done. After that they can make a "phase 2".

It is not like the current UCS X-wing is perfect, there is just so much more to be done with the line before doing redesigns.

Quite an interesting discussion going on over there. Personally, I hope this rumor stays a rumor.

I read part of the discussion and it does raise some interesting issues about wether or not LEGO should release a remake of a UCS set. On the one hand it presents an opportunity for people who missed out on a previous version to get a UCS version of a particular ship or vehicle, but on the other hand arguments can be made that remakes decrease the overall value and credibility of the UCS line. How "Ultimate" can a "Collectors" set be if there are gonna be remakes? Personally, i think they shouldn't even consider to do remakes while there are still some very iconic vehicles left to do in UCS style.

Mods please relax a bit. A more gentle warning might be more appropriate for a member with only 6 posts. Un-bind em if ya know what I mean.

:wacko:

I don't really appreciate being told what I should or should not do. The gentle warning was on the page before. I can't really give an individual gentle warning to everyone who does something, does that make sense? I really don't like having to be stern, but it is my job to keep this topic in order and sometimes that means being a bit harsh. I hope that anyone I warn does not take it personally. :classic: The issue in question was not a big deal, but if so many people ask the same thing it can be a bit tiresome. I do apologize if my post came across as mean.

If it were up to me, I would much rather see UCS scenes, ala Cloud City, than ships. A Mos Eisley, Cloud City remake, Ewok Village, etc.

I agree. IMO, a good strategy would be to have a new UCS playset released every 2-3 years with UCS ships released every year. And some character UCS sets (i.e., Yoda and R2-D2) sprinkled in here and there.

Mods please relax a bit. A more gentle warning might be more appropriate for a member with only 6 posts. Un-bind em if ya know what I mean.

His response was fine, yours was not. It is not now, nor will it ever be your place to moderate anything here, especially the staff.

Since you have more than 6 posts, I'm sure you'll agree that a less gentle reminder was perfectly acceptable in your case.

I don't really collect the UCS sets other than some with minifigs such as the Sandcrawler, Death Star, Motorized AT-AT, Republic Dropship with AT-OT, Tantive IV And Super Star Destroyer. Plus the two scaled sets Millennium Falcon and Imperial Shuttle. I don't personally like the other UCS sets as they are just display models and serve no real purpose to my collection but I do appreciate them as great sets that look amazing and I am sure if I owned them I would love them but I don't. Ok so now to the point I don't really think TLG would make a second updated UCS X-wing as it would be a bad choice for TLG, for these reasons (some of which others my have pointed out in the other forum and past comments on this forum) first it would lessen the the value of the pasted UCS X-Wing, i have seen the old model so i would say its not prefect but i don't think their is much that can be updated other than new ways and parts to make it, lastly why make a second UCS X-wing when their is more great ships/ characters of the Star Wars universe which we (should) all know and love.

MandaloretheLesser

His response was fine, yours was not. It is not now, nor will it ever be your place to moderate anything here, especially the staff.

Since you have more than 6 posts, I'm sure you'll agree that a less gentle reminder was perfectly acceptable in your case.

PM'd. Have a nice day.

I agree. IMO, a good strategy would be to have a new UCS playset released every 2-3 years with UCS ships released every year. And some character UCS sets (i.e., Yoda and R2-D2) sprinkled in here and there.

I would support this idea. Or at least be content at knowing that there was a method to the madness. Would that said, I'd like to see LEGO blow us away with a playset that no one has ever thought about.

Alright, remember, guys, discussion of sets that you hope/want/wish to see in the future belongs in Future Star Wars Sets. I've moved a few posts over there.

How "Ultimate" can a "Collectors" set be if there are gonna be remakes?

THIS is the question that must be answered.

Re-releasing exactly the same model may do sense.

On the contrary, updating a UCS model would kill the line.

Edited by Anio

Lego have confirmed the Falcon is coming back as UCS, presumably that will be the big set for the year.

I don't have any concerns with reissuing sets, people do tend to forget that our younger AFOLs would have been children when the older sets were released.

Lego have confirmed the Falcon is coming back as UCS, presumably that will be the big set for the year.

Oh! When and to whom?

I don't have any concerns with reissuing sets, people do tend to forget that our younger AFOLs would have been children when the older sets were released.

Source?

Why would they do this? :wacko: LEGO doesn't usually bring back retired sets, do they? :dwacko:

I'm a bit worried that TLG will only use the old Phase II Clone helmets for the CW variants.

I hope they at least make small holes in the sides of the helmets to attach gear.

I'm a bit worried that TLG will only use the old Phase II Clone helmets for the CW variants.

I hope they at least make small holes in the sides of the helmets to attach gear.

I don't see a reason why you should be worried about that. They made a prototype for the ARC released in 9488. I expect that the new helmets will be slightly modified (no fin, mouth part more flat, consequently slightly changed breathing tubes and, of course, different painting). I'm very curious how these helmets will look, though.

I don't see a reason why you should be worried about that. They made a prototype for the ARC released in 9488. I expect that the new helmets will be slightly modified (no fin, mouth part more flat, consequently slightly changed breathing tubes and, of course, different painting). I'm very curious how these helmets will look, though.

I'm also very curious how the CW Phase II helmets will look. I'm expecting them to look similar to the ARC minifig. I have a decent amount of Phase I Clones and I'm looking forward to building a decent army of Phase II Clones.

Normally spoken they can't use the old helmet with the open visor, because the clone troopers have a complete flesh colored head piece.

So then they would have to redesign that piece.

Also, lego is trying really hard to create accurate models and mini-figures of the series and movies, and a clone helmet with open visor is not in either one, so I think we are save. :)

You think that is not a gentle warning?!? *huh* You probably havent had a chance to experience the sharp end of KimT's tongue, pen keyboard then. :wink:*oh2*

Why would they do this? :wacko: LEGO doesn't usually bring back retired sets, do they? :dwacko:

This one made me smile!

Why? :wacko:

There are some sets that have been reissued, even in the SW line. That's why.