Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

We discourage members, especially new members and members who aren't that active or don't have many posts, from advertising and encouraging other EB members to join their sites. You may place a link in your signature (provided that such a link complies with the regulations regarding signatures), but please don't make off-topic posts in threads to advertise your site. Thanks. :classic:

I've removed the posts.

Hopefully prelim pics will show up in a week or two.I always like to see the many fun ways lego can create a minifigure before tooling the parts!(Hulk_Smash says that they used a Four-armed Bossk for the prelim pics! :laugh: (Now I'm a Citizen!!!! :cry_happy: )

Prelim pics are good. They show development of product and packaging. I especially liked the stuff from Alien Conquest.

I'm loosing faith about getting preliminary pictures, it appears that TLG has made more exclusive preliminary pics :cry_sad:

I find your lack of faith disturbing....

Any how ill take a wild guess and say that we'll have pics by the end of the month.

Lego has never liked it when pictures have leaked from the retail catolouge, it seems like LEGO have clamped down on the leaks. Remember TLG has no obligation to let us see prelim pictures.

I am just sad we haven't seen any prelim pics yet :sad:

I think it's cool, that for once, maybe we will have to wait until winter.

Come on, this is the Age of Technology. It's our right to know everything. :wink:

Personally I liked it when I was a kid going to the toy store looking for something new that I'd never seen before. Those were the days.

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

I would always go looking for a $15-20 set in January in hopes of getting the full sized catalogue. If S8 CMF is any guide, Lego is getting much better at preventing preliminary picture leaks.

Come on, this is the Age of Technology. It's our right to know everything. :wink:

Personally I liked it when I was a kid going to the toy store looking for something new that I'd never seen before. Those were the days.

I so recognize that! When i was a kid we only got one catalogue at the beginning of the year, so in januari i used to visit the local toy shop about three or four times a week so i could get my hands on the new catalogue. I can still remember how excited i felt when it was finally there! Some new sets would already be there too, so i would get even more excited! Maybe it's just nostalgy, but those were the days indeed. :sweet:

Still, i definately wouldn't mind a sneak peek at some preliminary pictures. Or better yet, the official pictures of the final product. :wink:

From living in the US, I'm used to waiting 2 to 3 extra months to get the newly released Lego sets that my European counterparts already have. I can wait til the new sets actually get released, I like the suspense.

I believe we will get official pics in a couple of months. On the preliminary pic photos at least we have all the set names and numbers :grin:

Uh, 'in a couple of months?' The sets will be on the shelves in a couple of months! We should be looking at preliminary pics sometime in September, with official pics significantly earlier than when the sets are released in December.

Having preliminary pictures is important because some of us are on a tight LEGO budget, and it is a good thing to plan ahead, so unexpected reveals of awesome sets don't blow away our carefully-planned, thought-through budget :tongue: .

Having preliminary pictures is important because some of us are on a tight LEGO budget, and it is a good thing to plan ahead, so unexpected reveals of awesome sets don't blow away our carefully-planned, thought-through budget :tongue: .

I agree, this is a good reason why I want to know of sets early, and pictures really show when a set is a 'must have'.

I agree as well. Although I always keep some money away incase of a promotion or special event. May the fourth this year was a great example of why we should plan ahead. Also although the preliminary pictures indicate if the set may be good or not I won't make my mind up on just them.

I don´t think Lego want us to save money for future sets since that means we´re not buying the sets that are out now. However I agree economic planning is important for Afols.

For example, do I buy an army of TOR Sithtroopers for $10/each now or will I have the chance of buying them in january for $3/each? Are there any Phase 1 clones in next years sets or should I buy some of them now while they are easy to come by and cheap?

I´m eagerly awaiting prelimns. :classic:

I had a look into the retailer's catalogue and have to mention something about the A-Wing pilot: He has a new helmet - that means the helmet is not new, but looks more like the regular Rebel helmet used in the X- and Y-Wings, but in grey with printing. And Ackbar is holding a trans-clear cup (whatever the sense behind this may be).

Please don't ask me for more since I had only a look at the A-Wing (concerning SW).

Klaus-Dieter

I had a look into the retailer's catalogue and have to mention something about the A-Wing pilot: He has a new helmet - that means the helmet is not new, but looks more like the regular Rebel helmet used in the X- and Y-Wings, but in grey with printing.

I was wondering if they'd give him a new helmet- I bet the new B-Wing pilot coming out in the next wave of planet sets will have one too.

I was wondering if they'd give him a new helmet- I bet the new B-Wing pilot coming out in the next wave of planet sets will have one too.

He has a new torso but - if I remember correctly - the helmet for the B-Wing pilot is the old one.

Yavin 4 Rebel is regrettably a generic one, no captain etc. :thumbdown:

Klaus-Dieter

He had a trans-clear cup in the Home One aswell :wink:

Yep, the designer said that he added it for fun as his coffee mug.