Sign in to follow this  
LEGOman273

Heroica RPG - Expert Job Class Discussion

That they do - I'll just change Audience With The Dead to Spiritism, to prevent duplicates.

Calculator

These arithmeticians use maths.

* Additional Health: +7

* Additional Ether: +5 (+1 per level for classes with no ether)

* Weapons: Staves, Hammers

* Job Trait(s): Mental Acuity - Gains two battles worth of experience per battle but loses 5 ether per round of combat. Unable to attack when ether equals zero.

Figurin’ is Fun! - Can choose to skip a round (do nothing) to do double damage the following round. If the damage dealing round is a prime number, Calculator does triple damage.

Prime Time - Deals quadruple damage versus enemies whose lvl is a prime number (2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, 37, 41, 43, 47, 53, 59, 61, 67, 71, 73, 79, 83, 89, 97...)

* Battle Style: Calculating - Calculators use maths.

1. SHIELD:
Prime Directive
- The calculator strikes all enemies with strength equal to weapon power added to level added to the next four prime numbers after his level (i.e. WP:20 + Lvl 30 + 31 + 37 + 41 + 43=202 damage). Additionally, the calculator is unable to interfere with the battle (stunned) until he rolls a 2,3 or 5.

2. CRITICAL PRIME: The calculator strikes his opponent with strength equal to weapon power added to level added to the next two prime numbers after his level. (i.e. WP:20 + Lvl 30 + 31 + 37=118 damage).

3. PRIME:
The calculator strikes his opponent with strength equal to weapon power added to level added to the next prime number after his level.
(e.g. WP 20 + level 30 + 31 = 81 damage).

4. THINK ABOUT IT: The calculator gains ether in an amount equal to the round number.

5. PRIME DAMAGE: The calculator is struck by his target’s damage. The strike is reduced by an amount equal to the next prime number from the round number. (i.e. 60 damage in round 2 equals 60-3=57 damage received)

6. SPECIAL DAMAGE: The calculator is struck by his opponent’s special skill.

Woah, the calculator would hardly be able to survive 8 rounds with that ether limitation - 10-11, at most! Not to mention it sounds nightmarish to host for...

Edited by Endgame

Warlock

These demonologists prefer the company of demons.

* Additional Health: +15

* Additional Ether: + 6

* Weapons: Staves, Wands, Gems, Broomsticks and Daggers

* Job Trait(s): Eye of Gul’dan - Warlock removes an eye at the cost of one ether to get a better look (telescope & magnifying glass).

Soul Link - Warlock shares 50% of damage received from enemy attacks with summoned demon.

Spellcasting - See Mage.

* Battle Style: Demonistic - Warlocks make a bond with demons.

1. SHIELD:
Dark Pact
- The warlock summons and enslaves a devastating demon that serves the party for 3 rounds at the cost of 5 ether to the warlock and 60 health drawn evenly from the party. The warlock must make additional SHIELD rolls to maintain control or else the demon breaks free and joins the enemy party. The warlock loses 5 health per round the demon is under his control. Demon returns to its own plane once combat has ended.

2. CRITICAL HIT/GREATER LIFE DRAIN/GREATER HEALTH TRANSFER: The warlock attacks or spends one ether to drain health from target in an amount equal to weapon power multiplied by two then added to level and receives health in an amount equal to the damage dealt divided by five rounded up. (i.e. WP 20 x2 + level 30 = 70 damage, 70/5 = 14 health restored). Additionally, the warlock can choose to transfer health from the target to his summoned demon in an amount equal to weapon power multiplied by two then added to level. (i.e. WP 20 x2 + Level 30 = 70 damage to target and 70 health to pet).

3. HIT/LIFE DRAIN/HEALTH TRANSFER: The warlock attacks or spends one ether to drain health from target in an amount equal to weapon power added to level and receives health in an amount equal to the damage dealt divided by five rounded up. (i.e. WP20 + level 30 = 50 damage, 50/5 = 10 health restored). Additionally the warlock can choose to transfer health from the target to his summoned demon in an amount equal to his weapon power added to level. (i.e. WP 20 + level 30 = 50 damage to target and 50 health to pet).

4. MEDITATE/LESSER HEALTH TRANSFER: The warlock meditates to regain one ether. Instead of meditating, the warlock can transfer health from target to his summoned demon in an amount equal to his weapon power only. (WP 20 = 20 damage and 20 health to pet).

5. DAMAGE: The warlock is struck by his opponent. The damage received is halved if a demon is summoned.

6. SPECIAL DAMAGE: The warlock is struck by his opponent’s special skill.

Demon

These devilish beasts constantly struggle against their master’s control.

Level: 75

HP: 200/200

1. SHIELD:
Read from Grimoire
- The demon’s SHIELD ability is determined by the grimoire in his master’s possession. Only one grimoire can be in effect at a time.

2. CRITICAL HIT: 75 x 2 = 150 damage

3. HIT: 75 damage.

4. MISS: The demon misses its target.

5. DAMAGE: The demon is hit by the opponent’s damage.

6. SPECIAL DAMAGE: The demon is hit by the opponent’s special damage.

Grimoires for demon customization:

Grimoire of Nebn’asah Ru - Summoned demon grants the lucky effect to its Warlock for three rounds

Grimoire of Supremacy - Summoned demon is encouraged for three rounds.

Grimoire of Cleansing - Summoned demon eats negative effect from its warlock.

Grimoire of Greater Summoning - Summoned demon is enslaved an additional 3 rounds. Stacks with warlock’s SHIELD rolls

etc.

That actually looks really interesting, Jeb. :thumbup: I have a similar idea called Warlock, but rather than summon demons he enthralls a target. Kinda wanna add to it using the Life Drain stuff. :blush:

Only thing I would recommend for that class: That highest level foe that has been encountered (A killable one, your level 999999 acid pool doesn't count. :tongue: ) is 66, and it had a minimal amount of health. That thing is 10 levels more and has about quadruple the amount of HP the the Lvl 66 enemy had - I would nerf its level, perhaps only when it has broken free, down a bit.

Other then that, looks awesome. :thumbup:

So if Docken decides to try Warlock, is he Blind after using the first job trait? :look:

Kidding aside, I like the fact that the demon can join the enemy. Definitely a Shield skill that can hurt the party with bad luck or bad strategy.

Warlock looks pretty cool. I think it might work better if the demon's stats were something like

Level = 30 + Master's level

HP = 100 + Master's HP

It would make the demon more powerful as the warlock improved, and once the demon broke free it wouldn't clobber the party quite so quickly, since it would no longer have a master

Also, just running the numbers there is a 58% chance of not rolling something other than a shield 3 rounds in a row, which means most of the time a demon is summoned, the master would lose control of it. Even with the Grimoire of greater suffering summoning the odds drop to 33.5%, much better, but still a 1/3 shot of losing control.

Edit: Fixed a typo

Edited by joeshmoe554

The Warlock looks awesome but I think he also needs the "Flee" job trait (You know, cuase Warlock also means oath-breaker)

They don't exist yet, and may never. So... maybe. :grin: They were just an idea being thrown around. In all honesty, no one has tried playing a base class at level 30 yet, and I think we'd need to see how that worked/if there was a significant gap before coming up with a new set of classes. Advanced classes work pretty well for most base classes, actually: Knights who want to be better knights are paladins, clerics become druids, Rogues become assassins (or raiders). The only ones who don't have a logical progression are rangers, mages and barbarians, who all give up their AoE shields in advanced classes... but if they want to, they could still play basic at level 30. A level 30 mage, for example, would still pack a punch.

*cough*

"...assaulting all enemies..."

"The raider mugs all enemies..."

"..a whirlpool of magic that deals damage to all enemies..."

AoE Shield rolls exist as options for all three of those, Zeph. Why you so silly? :tongue:

Looking at the character thread it seems most knights become paladins, most barbarians become raiders, most rogues become assassins, and most rangers become wardens. The other two base classes seemed to be much more even in their progression.

Looking at the character thread it seems most knights become paladins, most barbarians become raiders, most rogues become assassins, and most rangers become wardens. The other two base classes seemed to be much more even in their progression.

I don't know, there are a lot of rangers who have also become assassins. Also there is a minority of clerics in the game so I'm not sure if its fair to compare them exactly, but I think you're right about the mages...

At the moment, I believe the only assassin in the character information thread who used to be a ranger is Alexis. The other 5 (Jess, Hybros, Mizuki, Dyric, and Sorrow) were all rogues to being with.

I know there used to be a lot of players with Ranger as a base class... but now that you mention it, I can't think of many active players with Advanced Ranger Classes who were originally Rangers. :wacko: Am I missing something obvious?

Jeb, some very interesting new suggestions you have there! I'll have to give them a closer look...

Since a few PCs are close level 30, can we get a look at the Expert Basic Classes?

Pretty Please???

:grin:

The plans for the "Expert Basic Classes" have been put on hold for now. I want to see people trying the existing Expert Classes first.

Just wondering, does anyone have "great" reputation with one of the houses yet?

Just wondering, does anyone have "great" reputation with one of the houses yet?

Many people have a great reputation with a faction. You can read everyone's affiliations from the first page of the Heroica Hall-topic. :wink:

The plans for the "Expert Basic Classes" have been put on hold for now. I want to see people trying the existing Expert Classes first.

Bummer :sad: I am really not sure any more about any of the expert classes, I might just stick with the Advanced Classes until Level 50.

Bummer :sad: I am really not sure any more about any of the expert classes, I might just stick with the Advanced Classes until Level 50.

I thought Benji would make a great Beast Warrior. :look:

Also, looking at the current reputations, the only expert classes that we could see in action right now are Minstrel, Necromancer, Skirmisher, Beast warrior, and Cannoneer. I really think we should try the expert classes out before judging if we need more. Plus you may not think you (or your character) will like a class, until you actually try it out. It's like the old saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover". The way I see it, is that new classes shouldn't merely be straight upgrades of earlier ones, they should be advancements that allow for more varied strategy. Would a more powerful ranger be appealing to Skrall? You bet, but would a more powerful ranger really add anything to the game? Not really in my opinion. :sceptic:

Alrighty. Need someone to host a JP quest so Hoke can try out the Monk class.

Also, looking at the current reputations, the only expert classes that we could see in action right now are Minstrel, Necromancer, Skirmisher, Beast warrior, and Cannoneer. I really think we should try the expert classes out before judging if we need more. Plus you may not think you (or your character) will like a class, until you actually try it out. It's like the old saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover". The way I see it, is that new classes shouldn't merely be straight upgrades of earlier ones, they should be advancements that allow for more varied strategy. Would a more powerful ranger be appealing to Skrall? You bet, but would a more powerful ranger really add anything to the game? Not really in my opinion. :sceptic:

Harlot too. :wink:

Many people have a great reputation with a faction. You can read everyone's affiliations from the first page of the Heroica Hall-topic. :wink:

It takes so long to load. :sing: