Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

Review: Hulk promo minifig

I held off buying the Helicarrier breakout set just for the Hulk Minifig promo. Picked them up this morning.

Here are the pics.

The poly bag is nothing special. We have seen pictures of it before.

p1010211.jpg

Backside of polybag

p1010212.jpg

Close up of minifig image.

p1010213.jpg

Now onto the minifig. . .

The torso print looks like the same torso style used for shirtless Dastan pop007.jpg?3

p1010214.jpg

I was surprised to see back printing.

p1010215.jpg

Here is his head hairless so you can see the face printing.

p1010216.jpg

even more surprising was that the hulk has a second face!!!

p1010217.jpg

p1010218.jpg

I didnt really pay attention until I was getting ready to leave, that the Hulk's hair is Harry Potter's hair!

p1010219.jpg

I brought along one of my Toy Story Green Army Men to compare and the green is not the same color.

p1010310.jpg

It is really apparent on Hulk than on the Green Army Man.

p1010311.jpg

p1010312.jpg

I am really pleased with how similar the facial expression is between the minifig and the Hulk figure.

p1010313.jpg

p1010314.jpg

p1010315.jpg

A pretty nice little fig, I'm still glad that I ordered the Chrome TC-14 rather than this though. Maybe I'll this with some LotR stuff. We'll see. :sweet:

A pretty nice little fig, I'm still glad that I ordered the Chrome TC-14 rather than this though. Maybe I'll this with some LotR stuff. We'll see. :sweet:

Well the Hulk promotion is good for the rest of the month so I think you will be ok. I have some other smaller sets I want like Catwoman, Magneto, and my wife wants the City recycling truck (odd that I can only find it at the Lego store) So I will be getting another to add to my collection of Poly figs. I need another TC-14 though.

I really like this fig, except for the purple pants as they only cover the front like that pirate patrick fig.

I most likely will change them for all tan. :classic:

He looks nice, I wonder how much it'll be worth on the "LEGO black market"?

Thanks for the various pictures. I'm really tempted to make a first purchase on the LEGO online shop. I don't have any Marvel or DC sets though. I'd love to get the figure, but the Super Heroes sets are even more expensive at the official LEGO shop than elsewhere. I'll think about it. Also, I thought you can only get it if you buy Super Heroes sets?

Thanks for the various pictures. I'm really tempted to make a first purchase on the LEGO online shop. I don't have any Marvel or DC sets though. I'd love to get the figure, but the Super Heroes sets are even more expensive at the official LEGO shop than elsewhere. I'll think about it. Also, I thought you can only get it if you buy Super Heroes sets?

That is debatable. You also consider the Lego VIP program. I had $20 on my acct and I used it towards my Helicarrier Breakout set. So it only came out to be $30. No, you can buy any LEGO sets you want.

Thanks for the review! I've got to say that I don't know which figure I prefer. Is the hair on the big Hulk removable?

No. It is a separately molded piece but it is glued on. I say get both. You wont be disappointed.

I really like this fig, except for the purple pants as they only cover the front like that pirate patrick fig.

I most likely will change them for all tan. :classic:

Ask and you shall receive. (I used the tan legs from my CMF Sherlock figure)

p1010325.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

No. It is a separately molded piece but it is glued on. I say get both. You wont be disappointed.

Thanks. :classic: I really didn't like the small Hulk's lack of leg printings, but after seeing this review, I think that I might tolerate that. :tongue:

Nice review! Hulk is a great figure, I had no idea about that second face! And I think he's light green, the color of the S5 Lizard Suit Guy.

Thanks for the review. Was able to visit a couple of stores today amd ended up with two.

Awesome, that's what I was hoping it'd look like with brown pants.

Glad I got the Hulk breakout and this guy on the same day, so I have both. :thumbup:

Those tan legs look good for a mid-transformation Hulk to be used with the larger, sculpted Hulk. I might try that out for a photo op or something, but I don't have a major issue with the official purple pants. Yes, an all-around printing would have been nice, but this is such a great figure that I can overlook the lack of leg printing. Gonna try to get at least two of these before the promotion ends.

Nice review, 'Solscud007'! :sweet:

I'm gonna get this promo from my local LEGO Store by buying a few Avengers sets Saturday. And if they have summer sets, I will at least get 3 copies of this promo. :grin:

I don't understand all the disappointment to the purple pants, so I'll just to chime in here. I thought this fig was a obvious nod to Lou Foreigno (sp) tv show Hulk?

In that regard, I think it's accurate and well done.

You mean purple cut-offs aren't the latest in fashion? Or maybe he is a never-nude.

Thanks for the review. I was excited to get this ever since it was mentioned as a promo. The cut-offs don't bother me a great deal. I am glad they went with purple pants as a nod to the classic Hulk. The coloring looks good, no matter what type of green it is.

I can't wait to get this. I'm glad I ordered the big Hulk and Cap set to get this little guy.

Well the Hulk promotion is good for the rest of the month so I think you will be ok. I have some other smaller sets I want like Catwoman, Magneto, and my wife wants the City recycling truck (odd that I can only find it at the Lego store) So I will be getting another to add to my collection of Poly figs. I need another TC-14 though.

Yeah, I was thinking of getting a bunch of LotR anyways, and I need that free poster! I'll probably just trade this guy, if I get him, for the normal Hulk...

Really want this exclusive fig but S@H is not making it easy to purchase, AUD100 minimum spend and no free shipping is nasty

I'm actually debating getting some LOTR sets for Hulk or waiting on the LOTR sets to see if they ever come out with a LOTR promo figure. Sure, I could use the Hulk, but I'm not all that satisfied with the leg printing. And then there's that LOTR poster - decisions, decisions.

agh, after I make my orders lego puts the monster hunter stuff on the site. :wall:

Went to the NYC Lego store at Rockefeller plaza looking for the captain America cycle, but was sold out my mom(I'm 27) asked me what I want and since I originally wanted pick a bricks my eyes got greedy and bought the xmen set, with the hulk heli carrier escape, then it was matter of fact when the lady at the register reminded that the purchase came with the hulk figurine and realized something, I just saved 50usd on this minifigure hehehe