wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Well this destroys all hope for a Sauron figure.

Im guessing the sword mold will be seen in future sets.. lego never make mold exclusive(except for some CMF)

Now for the complaining:

He needs gloves BADLY

the sword is not what Elrond used, it is what the rest of the elves used.

Either way the sword should be silver/metal NOT gold... Seriously!

____

see how nicely the silever blades contrast their gold armor: LINK

My photoshop: 14dnbkz_th.png 2cfs1mr_th.png

Not really. Could have Isildur, Last Alliance man, and two Last Alliance Elves against Sauron. It still work pretty well I think.

Agree about the sword though. Hopefully we'll get it in different colours in the future.

If I could pick an exclusive figure, it'd be a version of a character harder to put in a set, e.g. Coronation Aragorn, Rider Arwen, Lorien Haldir, Smeagol or Helm's Deep Aragorn/Legolas.

Nice looking minifig! But yeah...the sword should be silver. Not a total dealbreaker for me though.

I really do hope this still leaves open the possibility of a Last Alliance set.

I doubt it is possible, but could they have a different exclusive for every system? I know we heard about Gandalf being one, and considering the picture of Elrond has PS3 by it maybe you can only get Elrond with a game from one or two platforms? Again I doubt that would be the case, but still food for thought.

Could be a regional thing. I'm also a bit perplexed. Or a different company.

Cuz this doesn't say anything about Gamestop, which I said was Gandalf, and the article says the fig comes with the special edition of the game, not a preorder bonus.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

Yesterday I bought a 48 x 48 bley baseplate. The Mines of Moria set looks SO MUCH better on it, it's not even funny. The troll can pose any way you want without falling over, and it actually look like a real section of a cave now! :thumbup:

Well, it'll be a bit disappointing not having all the Lord of the Rings figures, but considering there's a decent chance we'll get a more casual Elrond in a Rivendell set, and my own personal dislike of the colors here, I don't think I'll miss it all too much. The gold/dark green/olive doesn't go together all too well. (That is dark green, right?)

Edited by CallMePie

Wow, Elrond is amazing ! :cry_happy: I'm also sure that his blade will be reused in future LOTR/Hobbit sets, maybe even in CMFs.

Callmepie his cape is dark blue ( compare it to dark green print on his legs ).

Dunno if anyone from the UK has seen this. The ways its worded, I'm not sure if the Aragorn is exclusive or not. I'm leaning towards it not being exclusive...

Oh I sure as bones hope it is not. My goal is to collect all Middle-Earth minifigs (and sets),

and I think many others would prefer the ability to at least get those figures as well. But, it only says exclusive poster,

not exclusive Aragorn figure, so I have the feeling it's just the one we had in the sets so far.

:wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool:

So yeah, I'm definitely gonna have to get the Last Alliance Elrond fig. The dark brown Elven hair looks fantastic. I'm loving the face and torso prints too, and I'll bet there's double-sided head printing! As for the sword, I actually don't mind the way it looks in gold. :wink: I'm sure we'll get a silver one later, anyway.

As for the sword, I actually don't mind the way it looks in gold. :wink: I'm sure we'll get a silver one later, anyway.

A gold sword would look better for a figure not dressed all in gold, for instance dark green/brown mirkwood elves.

I do hope this gold one is the "exclusive" version tho.

called my local gamestop and they confirmed a pre order minfig but unsure on what the fig was. I am worried, honestly wouldnt buy the game now if I got another Gandalf. I want the Elrond. I know a treand has been exclusives depending on where you buy it like for Fallout New Veges and Space Marine.

Now learned EB game and gamestop same company but the guy who works there is a friend and said he ran out of exclusive minfigs for lego batman early. He said if I wait it highly likely you will not get one, 20 people didnt for lego batman. He also said other stores had something else to give away he thinks it was a batman? I am not sure if this helps at all but I gleaned a bit of info.

Also the website doesnt have anything added to the order when you set it up.

Edited by legomonk

called my local gamestop and they confirmed a pre order minfig but unsure on what the fig was. I am worried, honestly wouldnt buy the game now if I got another Gandalf. I want the Elrond. I know a treand has been exclusives depending on where you buy it like for Fallout New Veges and Space Marine.

This is a LEGO game, however. I don't think there will be another pre-order exclusive figure.

But nonetheless, I would wait until a site has the game up for pre-order and clearly states details about the fgure.

This is a LEGO game, however. I don't think there will be another pre-order exclusive figure.

But nonetheless, I would wait until a site has the game up for pre-order and clearly states details about the fgure.

Well the article states the fig -comes- with the game, making it special edition. Preorder figs don't come with games.

Plus it never stated Elrond was Gamestop. Could be Amazon, Walmart, etc.

-Omi

Uintill a store/website lists that it got the preorder figure you should buy it anywhere.

Some stores will never get it, and some will just get the specil edition that includes it.

Some stores will also only have the minifig uintill they run out.

In Germany: The special edition including the figure is only available through amazon.de.

(atm only for ps3)

Edited by deskp

In Germany: The special edition including the figure is only available through amazon.de.

(atm only fo ps3)

Oh so I was right. :P

-Omi

Hmm, what to do, what to do... ? I don't own a PS3 but I live in Germany and want the fig. Will it be cheaper to preorder a game now and sell it later without the fig or buy it via bricklink?

Yesterday I bought a 48 x 48 bley baseplate. The Mines of Moria set looks SO MUCH better on it, it's not even funny. The troll can pose any way you want without falling over, and it actually look like a real section of a cave now! :thumbup:

:thumbup: I built on a 32x32 to conserve some space, but extended the width by another 10 studs... covered in 4x4 gray and dark gray tiles... I'm pretty happy with it.

Hmm, what to do, what to do... ? I don't own a PS3 but I live in Germany and want the fig. Will it be cheaper to preorder a game now and sell it later without the fig or buy it via bricklink?

WAIT, chanses are pretty high this will be available for xbox aswell. Presumably this has been put online before they were supposed to. for pc and handhelds I don't think they do epcial editions.

I can alsmost guaratee you the figure is not exlusive for just Germany and ps3.

However, if you are really scared the figure wont be available for what/when you want it, theres no hassle canceling orders on amazon. So ordering now won't hurt you.

I hope it is a worldwide preorder fig. I was just lucky enough to get the Lex Luthor exclusive fig with LB2. If it's a special edition I may end up not getting this wonderful figure :cry_sad:

I have a Wii and live in Canada. I'm getting both the fig and the game regardless of weather it is through pre order or not, but will I be able to get this ore order deal?

So...this for amazon ONLY?... Can someone confirm this. I hope this is Gamestop as well.

I like Elrond fig and that weapon. I certainly wouldn't mind getting it.

Edited by Legocrazy81

So...this for amazon ONLY?... Can someone confirm this. I hope this is Gamestop as well.

I like Elrond fig and that weapon. I certainly wouldn't mind getting it.

We dont know yet, I know lego batman 2 special editionw as sold on amazon(including lex fig) while other places had the fig as a pre order bonus.

That will proapbly happed now aswell, the only thing tht is for ceirtain yet is amazon.de

Can the people who have put the moria set on a base plate please post images I'd love to see how it ends up looking! :classic: