Sign in to follow this  
happymark

MOC: A small suburb house

This is just a small house, kinda old design - split, so it has 1.5 level.

nothing fancy. tiny home. but family are happy :)

From Front

6955949123_e731644e70_z.jpg

From Back

6955939293_2a4eb41f62_z.jpg

roofs removed

6812993216_cd7aa61b69_z.jpg

Kitchen and family room

6809830444_fb692e0ed7_z.jpg

6812991864_5540e85474_z.jpg

upper level (2 bedrooms and a bath)

6955947343_16dd84aea7_z.jpg

6959102759_086a7bdc26_z.jpg

lower level (laundry room, furnace and LEGO room!)

6959102361_2300526e18_z.jpg

6812991110_7a78a50d44_z.jpg

and the whole family!

6812992488_3c8d4fe322_z.jpg

flickr

Edited by happymark

Well, it doesn't have to be fancy to be nice. And nice it is! Especially the upper floor with the bathroom. :thumbup:

Though I'd tile the lower floor; it looks a bit too much like they're walking on grass there...

As you said, nothing fancy and small, but it's lovely. The interior is full of amazing and surprising details. You managed quite well to put everything in. My favourite is definitely the bath tub - I haven't seen it like that before.

Incredibly good looking house. The roof is my favorite. The upper floor is amazing. Good job. Keep building.

Very nice and warm. I really like the bedroom with bathroom, especially the use of cloak for shower curtain.

Fantastic house!

Very realistic, and actually it has a Norwegian style as a wooden house. It looks like some of the houses built in the 1970-1980 era.

Lots of details.

Tile that ground floor and you'll have the most AWESOME house ever :wink: , apart from the no tiles on the ground floor, the rest of it is wonderful. The bedroom and bathroom is excellent, the old classic town style sticker as a wall poster is a nice touch. :thumbup:

Great work 'happymark' and Brick On ! :classic:

Wow this house looks so real ...this is a prefect example of new building school like this fantastic train station

As Jonas said in that topic:

1) almost total omission of LEGO bright colours (no red, yellow or blue bricks), only those sand and other decent colours,

2) very realistic dimensions

Superb work! :wub:

I really like this - especially the exterior design. Like F0NIX said, it's something that wouldn't have looked out of place among Norwegian '70s to '80s houses, so it looks very familiar, and very realistic. I agree that the ground floor should be tiled, that would be a great finishing touch.

I'm very curious as to what lies beneath that upper floor - the 'half floor' underneath, is it empty, since you haven't included any pictures of it?

And lastly, I agree with lightningtiger - the hot rod sign as a wall poster is a great idea. I loved it as soon as I spotted it.

This is great. A house doesn't have to be big and elaborate to be fancy. I thi k you did a spot on job here. All the necessary details are there. Except the top floor is a bit cramped. No privacy either. :tongue:

This is a handsomely designed house. It's very modern and the top floor interior is great. Well done!

Lovely house 'happymark'. I love the details on the inside. That poster was a great idea! Do you plan to tile in the kitchen? I think that would complete this build. Great job default_classic.gif

Thank you all of you, for the all the comments and compliment!

I did tile the kitch and family room. it does look much better now.. I also changed the coffee table. which I think it fits pretty well!

also. I took the pictures for just-finished lower level.. a laundry room and LEGO room! oh yeah!

I really like this - especially the exterior design. Like F0NIX said, it's something that wouldn't have looked out of place among Norwegian '70s to '80s houses, so it looks very familiar, and very realistic. I agree that the ground floor should be tiled, that would be a great finishing touch.

I'm very curious as to what lies beneath that upper floor - the 'half floor' underneath, is it empty, since you haven't included any pictures of it?

And lastly, I agree with lightningtiger - the hot rod sign as a wall poster is a great idea. I loved it as soon as I spotted it.

Thank you all of you, for the all the comments and compliment!

I did tile the kitch and family room. it does look much better now.. I also changed the coffee table. which I think it fits pretty well!

also. I took the pictures for just-finished lower level.. a laundry room and LEGO room! oh yeah!

You've made some great changes! That lower level is fab - it's a bit cramped, naturally, the sofa for instance is too small to seat minifigs - but it does look good. The transparent shield used as a table is very clever. And even a Lego room :)

Hi

This is very very cool. I really like how realistic it is. All the detail you used is fabulous. And the Gungon shield as a coffee table is a very neat idea probably one of the best uses of an element I've seen.

Great work

Charlie

This is very well done! I particularly love the use of the shield as the coffee table!!

This is great, especially all the wonderful interior detail. The LEGO room in particular is a nice touch.

I did have to laugh a little though. I saw the first picture and thought, "why a toilet seat for a basketball hoop?" Of course, not everyone is using that part for a toilet seat but it is just kinda stuck in my brain now so that's all I see when I see one in white or black. That said, I might use use it for just that effect in a trailer-trash MOC sometime where a toilet seat as a basketball hoop would make sense.

Thanks for indulging the silly digression.

Well done! I like how you improved your model. It looks better with tiling. I guess my first impression of green plates is grass, and that doesn't fit in the house. But more than that, you added my favourite room - Lego room. The containers for storage look great, and the best part of it is the 'modular Lego layout' on the table. :sweet: