Piranha

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 8 Rumours & Discussion

I found series 8 at my local Toys R US yesterday. Now I got the DJ, Downhill Skier, Evil Robot, and the Pirate Captain. Soon I will get either Fairy, Football Player, and Lederhosen Guy.

2 Red Cheerleaders

I have them too.

I found them all! Santa was hard to find it, the last bag of the box :wacko:

I am envious of you :tongue:

Called TRU today (again) and she said "Call again Monday afternoon, we have tons of people asking."

So excited!

-Sci

I sort of knew that this set was going to be alittle lackluster for me, but after buying several figures on the first day I found them, I haven't really even looked at them all that much since. I mean, they're great figures, but maybe Series 7 was just such a tough act to follow for me.

These figs have come out in Finland too, picked up 6 today. Diver's helmet must be one of the best pieces ever made, conquistador's armour has a wonderful print and hamlet guy is a very beautiful fig overall. Great series, but somewhat lacks good female figs, opposed to series 7 which had viking woman, red riding hood and bride.

I am envious of you :tongue:

Called TRU today (again) and she said "Call again Monday afternoon, we have tons of people asking."

So excited!

-Sci

Monday? That's the day I'm going to the MN state fair.. >.< And I'm gonna be out of money afterwards. Still, it's a good indicator it's finally coming.

Wait for them to show up on Amazon France. You could get sealed cases for approximately $138 USD or $136 CDN. :sweet:

These have been up in amazon.de and amazon.it for a while now, but not as sold by amazon itself.

This is the code for the case of 60 bags 4648591

Now I just need to do is refresh amazons about hourly to grab a good deal on them like the 96 eur case (incl shipping) I got for series 7..

These figs have come out in Finland too, picked up 6 today. Diver's helmet must be one of the best pieces ever made, conquistador's armour has a wonderful print and hamlet guy is a very beautiful fig overall. Great series, but somewhat lacks good female figs, opposed to series 7 which had viking woman, red riding hood and bride.

Awwww, come on, where did You find them avail?

Just got off the phone with a TRU worker (it's Monday!)

and she said...

"That is one of the items we did not recieve. Sorry!

>waited 2 weeks

>was told they'd have them on Monday

Livid.png

-Sci

Just got off the phone with a TRU worker (it's Monday!)

and she said...

"That is one of the items we did not recieve. Sorry!

>waited 2 weeks

>was told they'd have them on Monday

*snip*

-Sci

I can definitely sympathize with you. I haven't found 'em either. But try living in a small city in Canada! It takes forever for new stuff to arrive. :hmpf_bad: We don't even have the Desert Skiff yet! :hmpf:

Found some today at my store! Just picked up the DJ while my brother got the batdude, both are great figures! I may be getting 8 figures again. :cry_happy:

I dont't get why everyone's so gaga over the Evil Robot, which to me seems pretty unnecessary.

Not wishing to sound rude, but I feel the same about the Actor and Football player. Neither fall into the "categories" Horror/Mythology, Fighter/Warrior and Sci Fi, which I personally aim and look for in all future waves (granted some do fall into the "Misc" category such as Winter Sports, Cowboys or the Divers, but I mainly focus on those three). This is what I LOVE about the CMF because I find there's usually AT LEAST four or five that I have to have as soon as possible (Highlander/Celtic Warrior and Pirate being two of the more recent ones). The only exception has been the Olympics wave and even then I liked the Boxer as it gave my Wave 5 boxer a rival.

Yes, I went gaga over the robot, because he's a good rival to the Wave 1 robot and he's another character for my Sci Fi collection. I'm hoping to do a few dioramas with him personally in the not too distant future. Same reason why I went gaga over the Pirate - a new addition to my Warrior collection and a nice rival to my Ninja and same reason why I went gaga over the Vampire Bat - a nice addition to my Horror collection and a minion for the Wave 2 Vampire. And it's also why I really hope the future CMF waves will add in an "official" Ghost, Skeleton and Knight (like they did with the Pirate) and perhaps delve more into the Mythology roots and perhaps give us more figures like the Sea King whom seem to be based off the old Gods. I'm frankly FAR more excited about that than I am another "civilian" like Lederhosen Guy and Businessman, again, baring a few exceptions.

So in my eyes, if you don't see why someone is gaga over a specific fig, it's purely because of what they like to collect and you personally aren't interested in it.

As for UK distribution, they do seem to have FINALLY removed the Olympics from stores (hurrah!) so I'm guessing once we hit end of August/start of September I'll be able to start buying the blind bags to round out my personal pickings from wave 8.

the reason we go gaga over the evil robot is because the printings are very good. you can reuse the torso and the head in various ways.

The first one I opened was the deep sea diver and I was pleasantly surprised to find back torso printing. I was thinking that the rest of the series would have back torso printing as well. Unfortunately the other ones that I opened (Santa, business man, evil robot, conquistador) do not. What's up with that? I know back printing is not normal for CMF but why only the deep sea diver? Anyway, he's my favorite from this series. Great printing and the helmet is perfect. I can't say the same for the others that I've purchased. Evil Robot is kind of meh and I don't see why everyone is so excited about it. I prefer the wind-up robot from Series 6. Santa's torso printing is poor as the white looks pinkish. The business man's head looks of poor print quality. Anyway, I was expecting better after the deep sea diver... oh well.

Woo finally found series 8 in New Zealand today! Picked up the DJ and the Actor (love both his faces!) Will probably also be picking up at least one santa and maybe the diver.

Great series, but somewhat lacks good female figs, opposed to series 7 which had viking woman, red riding hood and bride.

This is the most disappointing thing about this series for me too. None of the S8 female figs seem that exciting to me. Also only five female figs out of sixteen, and most of them are just rivals or female versions of previously released figs. :hmpf_bad:

Woo finally found series 8 in New Zealand today! Picked up the DJ and the Actor (love both his faces!) Will probably also be picking up at least one santa and maybe the diver.

This is the most disappointing thing about this series for me too. None of the S8 female figs seem that exciting to me. Also only five female figs out of sixteen, and most of them are just rivals or female versions of previously released figs. :hmpf_bad:

what part/ what store? off topic but did they have LOTR?

what part/ what store? off topic but did they have LOTR?

It was Toyworld in Dunedin. I'm pretty sure they didn't have LOTR yet.

Awwww, come on, where did You find them avail?

Pilkon Citymarket on Joensuu had loads of them (Also lot of serier 7). Only place where I have seen them so far, none of my fellow Finnish AFOLs have reprted them. Strangely Joensuu's centrum's Citymarkert didn't have them. I belive they are supposed to be released on the 1st of September.

I am really sorry if this has been brought up (92 pages is a lot to read): I was having a conversation with somebody just a minute ago, and we were debating what nationality best fits the figure with the pretzel (not that I am trying to stereotype the figure or the country). I am assuming that it can probably cross a few: what are your opinions? Thanks in advance.

The first one I opened was the deep sea diver and I was pleasantly surprised to find back torso printing. I was thinking that the rest of the series would have back torso printing as well. Unfortunately the other ones that I opened (Santa, business man, evil robot, conquistador) do not. What's up with that? I know back printing is not normal for CMF but why only the deep sea diver? Anyway, he's my favorite from this series. Great printing and the helmet is perfect. I can't say the same for the others that I've purchased. Evil Robot is kind of meh and I don't see why everyone is so excited about it. I prefer the wind-up robot from Series 6. Santa's torso printing is poor as the white looks pinkish. The business man's head looks of poor print quality. Anyway, I was expecting better after the deep sea diver... oh well.

The Deep Sea Diver is I believe the only S8 minifig with back-printing. Shame. (And also one of the reasons he's my favorite! :classic: )

I am really sorry if this has been brought up (92 pages is a lot to read): I was having a conversation with somebody just a minute ago, and we were debating what nationality best fits the figure with the pretzel (not that I am trying to stereotype the figure or the country). I am assuming that it can probably cross a few: what are your opinions? Thanks in advance.

Well according the Lego, he's Bavarian. So I guess he's Bavarian.

A TrU Express opened up near my office and they had the S8 figures (mix of new and older Lego sets, and the Thor and Frodo polybags). One of the workers labeled some of the figures. I picked the two Football labeled packs and my daughter picked three random packs. Unfortunately, one of the labeled Football guys was a vintage diver, however one of the random packs was a Football guy. I say unfortunate only because the other two random packs were the vintage divers. I really like both figures, though I would have liked to see at least another different figure. So, picked five but only got two different figures; three vintage divers and two football guys.

Well according the Lego, he's Bavarian. So I guess he's Bavarian.

Is he? I know he was known as "Bavarian Boy" early on, but his official name is Lederhosen Guy and his biography on Lego.com doesn't mention a nationality. After all it turned out he is not exactly a boy either, judging by his facial hair.