commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

they look fantastic, absolutely getting the forbidden forest :classic:

Finally hagrid in a cheap set

Ernie to me looks a lot like Madame Hooch haha. Maybe they're related? With those crazy goggles and slicked back gray hair. Only joking. Though I'd find it funny if one day I woke up to find her driving the knight bus having accidentally switched them.

Oops! Sorry I didn't mean to reply to you!

Edited by Luna Lovegood

I cannot believe there in not 1 single picture of the interior of BFH!

Battle of Hogwarts:

Want the interior shots, I'm not liking Nevilles head, just don't seem right to me.

Forbidden Forest:

4 figs for $12, no complaints at all! Although, I really hope that we get Harry in regular clothes. And not what I was picturing of Narcissa's hair piece.

Knight Bus:

Torn, I like Stan, Ernie, and the shrunken head, but not impressed with the bus in general. It seems fatter than the previous one. And I wanna see how the beds fit inside. Did anyone notice the 4th slot in the figures section of the box? Is that supposed to be the shrunken head? Strange to add that..

Green Snake as Nagini, come on! Mold a new piece!

To the people saying that's the astronomy tower, are you sure? Either that or it wasn't meant to hook up with the castle. I'm sure there's an astronomy tower already in the 4th Hogwarts. So, if they're meant to connect, why would there be two towers?...

The sets look fair.

BfH is fairly useless to me without Hogwarts itself, but that's my own fault. Nice new figs, wish Neville had different hair.

KB...well...I like the old one better. This one is okay, mostly because of the reduced price, and the exclusive figs.

FF yes, yes, yes. This will be my first HP set. You'd be stupid to miss out on it. A little tree and all the important figs in that battle. :thumbup:

Well, the sets look nice, but somehow I can't help but feel disappointed. FF and KB only offer two or three new figs; FF just comes with a lame tree and even though the KB looks improved, it doesn't seem to come with as many purple bricks as I had hoped. But I guess it was nearly impossible to beat the fantastic last wave.

Green Snake as Nagini, come on! Mold a new piece!

Why was everyone expecting a new mold for nagini? She's just a snake like any other. It was quite obvious to me that TLG wouldn't make a new mold for that.

KB...well...I like the old one better. This one is okay, mostly because of the reduced price, and the exclusive figs.

FF yes, yes, yes. This will be my first HP set. You'd be stupid to miss out on it. A little tree and all the important figs in that battle. :thumbup:

What do you mean, reduced price? It's $5 more than the last one. Considering we get Ernie and an improved interior, that's OK though. The exterior looks more accurate to me too, although I think I liked the roof on the old one better.

Well, I guess I'm stupid then because I have no use for a tree and the only new fig is Narcissa, so I think I'll pass. I'd much rather get the PotC Captains Cabin.

Why was everyone expecting a new mold for nagini? She's just a snake like any other. It was quite obvious to me that TLG wouldn't make a new mold for that.

What do you mean, reduced price? It's $5 more than the last one. Considering we get Ernie and an improved interior, that's OK though. The exterior looks more accurate to me too, although I think I liked the roof on the old one better.

I wish she was at least dark green/tan.

Really? Well, damn. :hmpf_bad:

How can you see the interior?

Well, I guess I'm stupid then because I have no use for a tree and the only new fig is Narcissa, so I think I'll pass. I'd much rather get the PotC Captains Cabin.

I have to agree that besides for Narcissa, the set is a huge disappointment to anybody who already has the other figures. Obviously, to those who don't have the Castle and Hagrid's Hut/Diagon Alley, the minifigure selection is excellent. It's just that to people who do have the set, there's nothing going for it parts-wise, so Narcissa becomes the sole reason to purchase it. Or you may want duplicate Voldemorts? I dunno…

The Knight Bus is also not on my want list. Even though the interior may be "improved," it still looks to not have much going on inside. It looks to me as if the white thing that Stan is holding onto in the pics is what passes for a "bed" on each level, which doesn't spell good interior in my book. I also can't tell if it has the open back door like it does in the film or not. It looks like it couldn't to me, but there haven't been any pictures I've seen of that side, so who's to say.

I still think the Battle of Hogwarts is fairly good. The model has a nice look to it, and the middle walkway clearly explodes somehow; I spy some sort of nob at the rear of it. I wonder what the towers will hold, though the righthand one has some sort of globe or astronomy chart. At first I thought the printing was the same as in the PotC Captain's Cabin, but I'm not so sure anymore. I think it's still a strong enough set to warrant a purchase, but I'm not sure it will go very well with the newest Hogwarts because of the rocky bottoms to the towers.

I wish she was at least dark green/tan.

Then paint her. :tongue:

How can you see the interior?

You can see hints of the interior through the windows. There's a chandelier, removable beds, the shrunken head is printed on a round brick rather than the windshield, and I'm sure there's other stuff too.

To the people saying that's the astronomy tower, are you sure? Either that or it wasn't meant to hook up with the castle. I'm sure there's an astronomy tower already in the 4th Hogwarts. So, if they're meant to connect, why would there be two towers?...

The tower in the hogwarts castle is just a tower with a telescope on it. That doesn't necessarily make it an astronomy tower.

I wonder what the towers will hold, though the righthand one has some sort of globe or astronomy chart. At first I thought the printing was the same as in the PotC Captain's Cabin, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to depict Earth. Perhaps it's a globe of the moon or something. That would make more sense than one of Earth for an astronomy tower.

And I do believe the bus has an open back door. You can see it through the last window.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Well, it's kinda like if TLG would decide to do Grawp as a normal-sized minifigure. Ok, that would be more strange but still: Nagini is pretty big and imposing. It sort of downplays the epicness of Neville beheading the snake, one of the few highlights of the last book, if he could instead stomp it dead by accident. :laugh:

Frankly, I didn't even notice the snake before someone here pointed to it.

Interior of BFH! I see another cabinet with a mirror on it and a knob on the bridge.

http://toyfair11.asmzine.com/gallery/lego/harry-potter/slides/IMG_5723.html

(First post!)

Thanks for the picture! At first it looks a bit bland, but you notice more interesting details the longer you look at it. A chalkboard, a mirror, a broomstick, a skull, Gryffindor dorms, a globe, and a dining room. There are a few empty spots (the dungeons, and the second level of the right tower). But overall, I like the interior!

Nice to finally see a shot of the interior (fbtb doesn't have ANY hp pics :hmpf_bad: ). Kinda bland, but the final production version could have more than this display model does, so I'll wait and see before making a final judgment. What I can see I do like. The Mirror of Erised is a really nice touch. The Gryfindor bunk bed section is unexpected, but looks good. The classroom/office is nice. Depending on how detailed that chalkboard is, it could theoretically belong to any one of the numerous teachers. Not sure what that section is below the classroom/office, but I like the tapestries on the walls. Wouldn't surprise me if that part of the tower was incomplete. I still think the basement sections could be the chamber of secrets. Should be interesting to see what the bridge's gimmick is. It does something, but I can't really tell what from these pictures. Honestly would have been ok with it not having any sort of gimmicks to it. Still definitely going to get it, but not as enthused for it as I am the others. I also really hope that last years castle set does get re-released with these. Will try and save-up so that when/if I ever see it again, I'll be able to get it.

Looking at their pictures of the Knight Bus, the "Dre Head" as they call it looks nice, and actually isn't a minifigure head (not a bad thing, as he's still more than just printing on the windshield). The bus itself definitely looks better the more I see it. The purple is quite nice, and I love that it has the chandelier (sorta looks like it can swing too). Ernie and Stan both look nice, and Harry isn't bad himself. Only disappointing detail about this set is the lack of the grim, and part of me thinks that could change for the production version.

The Forbidden Forest set continues to look good. Might actually get multiples of this set just to have more than one of that tree. The extra minifigures might also be helpful in looking to trade for other characters I don't have yet (like Grayback).

fbtb doesn't have ANY hp pics :hmpf_bad:

Now they do! :grin: Here's the explosion feature:

LEGO Toy Fair 2011 - Harry Potter - 4867 Battle for Hogwarts - 29

"Oh no!" :laugh: Looks like the FF tree has a similar play feature to Dobby's Release:

LEGO Toy Fair 2011 - Harry Potter - 4865 The Forbidden Forest - 9

They also have some better pics of the interior:

5444477310_c0a3182ea0.jpg5443877031_43fdb48078.jpg

It looks indeed quite sparse, and the Gryffindor bunks are pretty random. Not bad though. And since they didn't include Trelawney, at least they included a crystal ball for throwing. :laugh: Also, it looks like the globe does represent the Earth. How odd, I guess it's not the Astronomy Tower after all.

I wonder if there's something hiding behind the Mirror of Erised...

Here's are some pics of the Harry Potter minifigs from the New York Toy Fair, sorry if these have already been posted, but I couldn't see them or links to them in this thread :classic: :

Stan Shunpike:

IMG_5700.jpg

Ernie Prang:

IMG_5701.jpg

Shrunken Head:

IMG_5702.jpg

Harry Potter from the Knight Bus set:

IMG_5705.jpg

Narcissa Malfoy:

IMG_5709.jpg

Hagrid:

IMG_5710.jpg

Harry Potter from the Forbidden Forest set:

IMG_5711.jpg

Voldemort:

IMG_5712.jpg

Harry Potter and Gregory Goyle from the Battle for Hogwarts set:

IMG_5716.jpg

Neville Longbottom and Dementor:

IMG_5717.jpg

Neville Longbottom:

IMG_5718.jpg

Professor Sprout:

IMG_5719.jpg

Remus Lupin:

IMG_5720.jpg

Lucius Malfoy:

IMG_5721.jpg

~buddy~

Yay! The Forbidden Forest is a small set, as I hoped. And new minifigs! :classic:

The Knight Bus is pretty cool (it's purple?), and it looks like a nice parts set for purple pieces, of which I'll be needing many in the future. I won't get it, but it is interesting.

I Knew i would by the Battle of Hogwarts set when i heared its name and i was convinced when i saw this awesome astronomy tower. but there are some nice little details in the other rooms as well. I like Trelawnys room and the new portraits. although i'm wondering what exactly is on the blackboard in the right tower?

So far it will definitely be the Knight Bus (missed out on the first one) and the Forbidden Forest for me.

After watching the Harry Potter montage at the BAFTA on TV yesterday I felt like buying every single set there is. :D

I am definatly getting the Battle for Hogwarts (too many cool parts to say no to) and almost certainly the knight bus and forbidden forest too.

The figs in these sets have even MORE nice Minifig parts :)

Now here's a good question, if we are getting Narcissa Malfoy, why is the box art for FF showing Bellatrix....well that's also what FBTB said on their Flickr page ? :oh3:

Could the box art be wrong ? :look:

Keep on casting spells ! :wink:

I like the sets and I hope they will come out in Germany, the last ones didn't, I only found them in one shop :(

I love the Forbidden Forest set, I'll buy it :) and I hope it's Narcissa

Now here's a good question, if we are getting Narcissa Malfoy, why is the box art for FF showing Bellatrix....well that's also what FBTB said on their Flickr page ? :oh3:

Keep on casting spells ! :wink:

I take it that the box art was only preliminary. The figure does not have Ballatrix's hair or face so was probably just used to stand in.

After looking at the Knight Bus again and comparing it with the other one it is really dissapointing. The old set looks much better which is strange as I've never seen lego make a design worse when remaking it. :sceptic:

Yes but keep in mind the Box Art said "Confidential" and "Preliminary" on it so that would be why Bellatrix is there.

Forbidden Forest: Great set plus its a cheap way to get a not so cheap figure in Voldemort. Narcissa is good as well but I expected slightly better.

Knight Bus: Definitly getting this. The Shrunken Head isn't that great and I don't like how Stan's Face is similar to his old one. However the Bus is really great and Ernie Prang is good to have also.

Battle For Hogwarts: This set is one of the best sets of the year!! The towers are great especially if you want Lupin and Sprout up in the towers to kick Lucius and Goyle's megablocks. Overall Though the figures are what this set is to die for. Finally I will be able to get a Dementor. Neville and Goyle both look good but Lupin and Sprout both look awesome. Superb detail on both of them.

Also thanks for the pics of the Figures Buddy and Lupin has a re-designed Face which looks much better than his old one :classic:

Kinda dissapointing..

I would love to have a little room with Rowena's Statue and a little RoR where the potions book and diadem is hidden.

But I love the room with the mirror and the teachers' office so I'm probably gonna buy this set :D!