commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

Sorry, just thought this would be good news to post here since a lot of Potter fans look here.

Started a new topic.

i was thinking that DH 2 will be released on DVD during the holiday season, the same time around the game, so it would be smart for LEGO to get in a few more sets since that would be their last chance.

personally, i dont like the new knight bus since i feel we really didnt need a new one. a different set would have been nice.

We don't need a new Knight Bus, but then again, we were around seven years ago when the first one was released as a set. That doesn't apply for LEGO's primary audience. Also, while the new one is nothing outstanding, it is in many ways an improvement over the first one, which had cartoony-looking wheels, a chunky body, and minifigures that would look old-fashioned in many ways compared to those we have today.

In general, the Knight Bus is basically this year's Hogwarts Express-- fairly useless for those who have the old one (or alternatively never cared for it), but pretty breathtaking for those who missed the old one and would love a Knight Bus set of some sort. The only regret is that the Knight Bus doesn't have the same advantages as the Hogwarts Express did in terms of minifigures: there are two exclusive minifigures of extremely minor characters and one extremely common minifigure of a more well-known character, whereas the Hogwarts Express had many minifigures that could be considered more desirable.

In general, the Knight Bus is basically this year's Hogwarts Express-- fairly useless for those who have the old one (or alternatively never cared for it), but pretty breathtaking for those who missed the old one and would love a Knight Bus set of some sort. The only regret is that the Knight Bus doesn't have the same advantages as the Hogwarts Express did in terms of minifigures: there are two exclusive minifigures of extremely minor characters and one extremely common minifigure of a more well-known character, whereas the Hogwarts Express had many minifigures that could be considered more desirable.

I agree! Ernie and Stan look great, but they are very minor characters in the movie. I personally never liked the first Knight Bus because it was kinda boring, no interior just beds. Maybe this will have something else and it does look more like the bus in the movie compared to the first one. Isn't Star Wars getting remakes of older sets?

I agree! Ernie and Stan look great, but they are very minor characters in the movie. I personally never liked the first Knight Bus because it was kinda boring, no interior just beds.

Well, the problem is that the Knight Bus only ever showed up once in the movies and twice in the books, and they probably are not going to have it tie to that short scene int he fifth book that most people probably forget anyway. I too find the Knight Bus boring, but after all, it is just a bus with beds in the film as well. The figure selection is limited, but no other named characters appeared on the Bus in the films, so the selection is fitting.

I am still hoping that they might eventually make a Grimmauld Place, Ministry of Magic, or even a new Shrieking Shack set, but I'm not sure how likely any of those are. I think the most likely would be the Ministry of Magic in one form or another, because they could then tie the set to at least the fifth and seventh films, and they seem to like making sets that tie into multiple films. Perhaps they will put out another tiny wave; I hope so.

The best tie in would be is Privet Drive, it appeared in five films! The Knight Bus would be a perfect tie in with it.

Then the Ministry and Grimmauld Place!

Well, the problem is that the Knight Bus only ever showed up once in the movies and twice in the books, and they probably are not going to have it tie to that short scene int he fifth book that most people probably forget anyway. I too find the Knight Bus boring, but after all, it is just a bus with beds in the film as well. The figure selection is limited, but no other named characters appeared on the Bus in the films, so the selection is fitting.

I am still hoping that they might eventually make a Grimmauld Place, Ministry of Magic, or even a new Shrieking Shack set, but I'm not sure how likely any of those are. I think the most likely would be the Ministry of Magic in one form or another, because they could then tie the set to at least the fifth and seventh films, and they seem to like making sets that tie into multiple films. Perhaps they will put out another tiny wave; I hope so.

I too would like to see said sets be made. I missed out on the first Shrieking Shack. Also, they have a very basic start to Grimmauld Place now. Going by the movie, that is. Using the townhouse from the new Pet Shop as a base, change colors, front facade and wallah(?), Grimmauld Place. I'm also looking forward to this Knight Bus. I was in the ol' dark ages when it was released.

I agree with what most of you are saying... I missed all the "original" Harry Potter sets as I was concentrating on Trains and having a sort of mini-dark ages. By the time I came around and started buying a lot of sets, HP was supposedly done for good, with no hope of return...

I'm really happy they brought it back and I can get these newer versions of sets I missed.

I feel the same way about Star Wars, too, after getting the recent Slave 1 and Land Speeder.

If I already had a Hogwarts and didn't want a new one, I'd actually be relieved that I wouldn't, you know, be "relieved" of more of my money.

The best tie in would be is Privet Drive, it appeared in five films! The Knight Bus would be a perfect tie in with it.

Then the Ministry and Grimmauld Place!

I have to prove you wrong there - Privet Drive has a tiny slot at the beginning of DH part 1 as well as the first five :tongue: .

I too really hope that we have another wave. A wave as good as the 2010 one would be brilliant, but I'd settle for at least one more small wave. I'd also love it if there was one more exclusive, like the Ministry of Magic or Grimmauld Place.

I have to prove you wrong there - Privet Drive has a tiny slot at the beginning of DH part 1 as well as the first five :tongue: .

Still has been seen 5 times compared to the Knight Bus. Also, the characters are more recognized.

Still has been seen 5 times compared to the Knight Bus. Also, the characters are more recognized.

I know. I just meant that it's appeared in 6 films, not 5 :classic: .

I know. I just meant that it's appeared in 6 films, not 5 :classic: .

Films 1, 2, 3, 5, 7.1. 5 films

It didnt appear in 4 or 6

4 just threw Harry at the Burrow, and 6 threw Harry in a cafe.

So does anyone know when or how we'll be able to get 30110 and 30111?

I was hoping one of them was going to be available with the pre-order of the new sets

I believe we will be getting the Cart with Hedwig and Harry at Borders bookstores sometime according to the Club code in the instructions. I have no idea where we'll see "The Lab" though.

I believe we will be getting the Cart with Hedwig and Harry at Borders bookstores sometime according to the Club code in the instructions. I have no idea where we'll see "The Lab" though.

The instructions for the polly sets?

Probably free with one of those books that are being released. Too bad all the Border's have been closing around me

Lucky you might be able to get these polybag's because Border's have folded in Oz, so the internet is our only way of getting these.

Keep on casting spells. :wink:

Good news about the HP game! Aside from giving us a faint possibility of some more sets it was one of the best TT Lego games in my opinion ranking just behind the SW complete saga.

With "The Dark kinght rises" due next year there is a chance for more Batman sets. I think we'll have either more HP or new Batman next year and i would be pleased with either.

Batman and Indiana Jones never had a DK book release either so I think the signs for more Potter sets could be more positive than some of you think.

2 games, the DK book release and a massive film release. Lego would be crazy not to cash in unless the sets are underforming in sales which seems very doubtful.

Hi,

My Dad is the Ceo of a loss adjusting company and yesterday (saturday by australian time) and on our way to a friends house he had to stop over at a site to talk with one of his employee's anyway, the site was owned a bloke who works lego, as he told my dad, and when my dad told me i ran in to ask him if there would be any more potter sets after the game, his response was "The theme is not dead yet"

I don't know wether he meant the three upcoming sets, but I did specify after the game. When I tried to clarify he said he wasn't allowed to say anything. So to me it sounds like there must be more coming! :grin:

Hi,

My Dad is the Ceo of a loss adjusting company and yesterday (saturday by australian time) and on our way to a friends house he had to stop over at a site to talk with one of his employee's anyway, the site was owned a bloke who works lego, as he told my dad, and when my dad told me i ran in to ask him if there would be any more potter sets after the game, his response was "The theme is not dead yet"

I don't know wether he meant the three upcoming sets, but I did specify after the game. When I tried to clarify he said he wasn't allowed to say anything. So to me it sounds like there must be more coming! :grin:

Thanks tj19941994! I really hope the theme is continued, I was so sad after 2007 when I thought there were to be no more HP sets. I just don't think I could go through it all again! Here's hoping for a Ministry of Magic set and a Kingsley Shacklebolt!

Yeah, but with Yaxley too!

Oh Yes! As a matter of fact the 3 minifigs I would like the most are Yaxley, Dolohov and Shacklebolt. But I suppose that isn't too relevant to the thread. Does anyone know how much 4867 Hogwarts will be in the UK?

Oh Yes! As a matter of fact the 3 minifigs I would like the most are Yaxley, Dolohov and Shacklebolt. But I suppose that isn't too relevant to the thread. Does anyone know how much 4867 Hogwarts will be in the UK?

Its £49.99 in John Lewis so I'd go with that roughly.

Thanks Catanas!

Does anyone know how much 4867 Hogwarts will be in the UK?

It's out already?

Yes, and it's for pre-order on S@H too for the same price.