Darth Nihilus

Monster Fighters 2012

Ok, but I don't even know what sort of hypothetical thing we're talking about. Is this supposed thing just an alternate name for the Monster Fighters theme or one of the sets, or a rumored Creator house, or a rumored seasonal special item like the Winter Village sets, a rumored DUPLO set, or what?

We are talking about this!

We obviously don't know much of anything for a fact about the Haunted House yet, but to me it looks like something monster-themed LEGO is offering to older teenagers/adults on the side of the Monster Fighters theme (which is just for the kids :wink: ).

We are talking about this!

Hey GRogall, any news on those ghost polybags yet?! :excited:

OooooOOOOooooh! Thanks!

Easily missed, since it's not (as far as we know) associated with MF at all. I actually prefer it that way, not because I dislike MF (heck, I adore them!) but for a set like that I like the idea of a straight-up Haunted Mansion. It's far more thematically flexible that way - could be modded into a Luigi's Mansion or decked out into some true horror setpiece! Hope we get more details on that soon.

Now that these are popping up in stores, I hope we'll see some reviews soon! I doubt I'll be the first to get the Castle, but if I am, I'll be happy to do one.

Forgot to post this earlier, but here is the first review I've seen of the Laboratory set on YouTube:

Does anyone remember Lego saying you can also buy these minifigures separately at pick a brick or something?

I don't know whether or not someone posted a similar topic somewhere, but just to point out in the toy-fair the monster fighters description of the set they state that there is a TV show coming up based on the theme. Like Ninjago. I'm looking forward to that! Especially seeing Paul Dobson voice a hero, and not a villain( In the meantime, he portrayed Pythor beyond my expectations. Well done!)

Omega X

I don't know whether or not someone posted a similar topic somewhere, but just to point out in the toy-fair the monster fighters description of the set they state that there is a TV show coming up based on the theme. Like Ninjago. I'm looking forward to that! Especially seeing Paul Dobson voice a hero, and not a villain( In the meantime, he portrayed Pythor beyond my expectations. Well done!)

Omega X

If they were to do a show similar to Ninjago, I'd be happy, though I'm not sure exactly how they'd be able to stretch the story out to around an average season's amount of episodes based on a few sets. Plus it doesn't have an existing game like Ninjago does. Also Ninjago has a bit more of a compelling storyline that moves quickly but covers a lot of ground.

However, all of this said, something similar to the Atlantis special would definitely work, and I could see that stretching out a few episodes. Either way, I'm all for a Monster Fighters special/series, if it's anything like the videos they have on Lego's site in terms of voice acting (They got Rathbone's voice perfect IMO) and I'm curious as to what the other monster fighters/monsters themselves will sound like.

In response to the above posts, there was discussion earlier that Lego would sell minifig parts online or in stores (look in his topic at around January) . Lego has a project on Tongal for Monster Fighters, but I don't know if this is for a show or just commercials.

Guess what I'm doing when I get home at 10:30 tonight!!! NOT much sleeping! :innocent:

7264858750_06b1dc23db_z.jpg

Guess what I'm doing when I get home at 10:30 tonight!!! NOT much sleeping! :innocent:

Jealous o.o

-Sci

Edited by Rick
Please don't include images in quotes unnecessarily

Good choice!

Edited by Rick

If they were to do a show similar to Ninjago, I'd be happy, though I'm not sure exactly how they'd be able to stretch the story out to around an average season's amount of episodes based on a few sets. Plus it doesn't have an existing game like Ninjago does. Also Ninjago has a bit more of a compelling storyline that moves quickly but covers a lot of ground.

However, all of this said, something similar to the Atlantis special would definitely work, and I could see that stretching out a few episodes. Either way, I'm all for a Monster Fighters special/series, if it's anything like the videos they have on Lego's site in terms of voice acting (They got Rathbone's voice perfect IMO) and I'm curious as to what the other monster fighters/monsters themselves will sound like.

I am also curious about the voice acting roles in the TV show. Yes I agree, they got Rathbone's voice perfect. I think that most of the cast of Ninjago/ Adventures of Clutch Powers( I'm expecting a sequel to that mind you, at least they have a villian named 'Omega' (Perfect name Lego!:laugh:) will be in the show. I would be astonished if Lord Vampyre doesn't have a Transylvanian accent, just like Fangtom. I would think that Jack Machammer is voiced by Roger Rose, the actor who voiced Brick Masterson from the Adventures of Clutch Powers. Remember, not all monsters must speak in the show. Perhaps some of the ninjas would be voicing the Monster Fighters. I'm looking forward to that!

Omega X

Hoy! Discuss the theme here, discuss the show or potential show over in Culture and Multimedia fang you verra much *Fuge in D Minor*

Oh, as for all those sets: I need a good picture of that car from the castle set. While I am unconcerned by the building I do love cars on that stud width. :classic:

Hoy! Discuss the theme here, discuss the show or potential show over in Culture and Multimedia fang you verra much *Fuge in D Minor*

Oh, as for all those sets: I need a good picture of that car from the castle set. While I am unconcerned by the building I do love cars on that stud width. :classic:

GRograll's got a nice, big picture of it in his Brickshelf gallery:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=503330

Excellent choices! I wish I had the spare bank to pick up a nice lot like this. Any chance for some out-of-box photos? :classic:

Edited by Rick

GRograll's got a nice, big picture of it in his Brickshelf gallery:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=503330

I like the car's design in a lot of respects, but the seating area for the minifigure feels extremely awkward. Jack MacHammer looks like he might tumble out at any moment! I'm sure some builders won't mind modding the seating area though since they might want to remove the bulky launcher anyway.

I find it odd that Jack McHammer isnt in the Lab set, since he is the Frankenstein monster nemesis.

I also wonder about this MF TV show. If it happens we will hopefully see more waves of sets, as it would seem a waste otherwise.

I can't imagine there'll be a tv-series for this. Assuming it's just a one-wave theme, what is there to make a tv-series of? A movie a la the one for Atlantis sounds far more likely.

I can't imagine there'll be a tv-series for this. Assuming it's just a one-wave theme, what is there to make a tv-series of? A movie a la the one for Atlantis sounds far more likely.

I tend to agree, but it's not impossible - look at Ninjago, the first season also only had some four episodes, with four mini-episodes. TLG would be able to do something like this with MF. Then, it's all up to whether there will be a second wave of sets, which I think would be doable.

But this is only me wildly speculating. Atlantis also occured to me as more suitable for this treatment than MF, though I wasn't into the line. So, we'll see...

I was checking out pictures of the castle, and I must say it's starting to grow on me. It's a really neat design and has a lot of cool features. It reminds me of the classic movie castle on top of a spooky hill. I'm starting to really warm up to this theme.

I find it odd that Jack McHammer isnt in the Lab set, since he is the Frankenstein monster nemesis.

I also wonder about this MF TV show. If it happens we will hopefully see more waves of sets, as it would seem a waste otherwise.

Please see the post above and please read it.

Please see the post above and please read it.

Thank you.

I just started building the Vampyre Castle set, and it's great! The car is really cool, and the first tower is nice. If anyone has any requests, just reply to this post or message me. :classic:

You know, I wasn't really impressed with this theme at the start of this year, but as of late, I've found myself falling in love with the theme.

I'm really excited that I'll finally be able to get a vampire minifig (and a far better one, at that), as I lost my original Studios one some time ago.

Another thing about this theme that I just adore are the vehicles, especially that big, beefy, and completely over-the-top truck in 9465 The Zombies :drool:

Hopefully, the sets will arrive in the UK in time for my birthday, so I can get, at the very least, the two small sets and the castle.

I just started building the Vampyre Castle set, and it's great! The car is really cool, and the first tower is nice. If anyone has any requests, just reply to this post or message me. :classic:

After you finish building, could you measure how tall the castle is, please?

I just want to make sure I have enough room on my shelf.

Bluebeard, out-

Edited by Capt. Bluebeard

You know, I wasn't really impressed with this theme at the start of this year, but as of late, I've found myself falling in love with the theme.

Agreed with pretty much everything. As much as I want an Orc Forge, I need some LEGO zombies bad.... :tongue: