I Scream Clone

Guilds of Historica Introduction/General Discussion Thread

Yes. I guess your guild COULD try to stay united. Technically speaking at least ONE person from Kaliphlin would be on the opposing side as one of the two story members would lead the opposition.

So, we could theoretically take over Kaliphlin? That'd be cool if it wasn't a wasteland... :devil: Sounds good guys! I imagine both Kaliphlin and Mitgardia will play out in very intriguing ways. That's not to say I'm not looking forward to Nocturnus.

I do have one question though; I know we will stick with one guild (Mitgardia forever!) but will we need to use the same character for all five civil wars? It seems like it might be difficult to work active involvement in all of them into a cohesive character. If that's the case, I'll need to put some extra thought into what kind of character to introduce. There's no way my reclusive dwarves would get overly involved in many foreign conflicts. :tongue:

EDIT: Sorry ZC, I now remember reading that my first time through but missed it when I went back looking at specifics. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Edited by Str0ngbad

I do have one question though; I know we will stick with one guild (Mitgardia forever!) but will we need to use the same character for all five civil wars? It seems like it might be difficult to work active involvement in all of them into a cohesive character. If that's the case, I'll need to put some extra thought into what kind of character to introduce. There's no way my reclusive dwarves would get overly involved in many foreign conflicts. :tongue:

If you read what I wrote, you will see I said you will have one "home guild" and one character that represents you, but for each civil war you could send an "emissary" (read, different character for that conflict) in your place if the side you are on conflicts in some way with your character.

So, we could theoretically take over Kaliphlin? That'd be cool if it wasn't a wasteland...

No... technically you could help an internal Kaliphlin group take over Kaliphlin... though the members of your team for that conflict may have a lot of Mitgardians on it, no guarantees. Maybe that round the side you are on is the core Kaliphlin builders... maybe it is all Nocturnus builders and you. The fun part here is you can work with people who you have never worked with before! Maybe you are on a team with robuko, Gideon, LD, Eryn, Hersbrucker and kable but you are facing off with dG, Masa, MikeyB, SK6 and Beery. Who knows!

Maybe you are on a team with robuko, Gideon, LD, Eryn, Hersbrucker and kable but you are facing off with dG, Masa, MikeyB, SK6 and Beery. Who knows!

That's exactly what I'm looking forward to! It's a cool idea to switch up the teams so much.

This sounds interesting to say the least... not sure how well I'll fit into this, but hopefully it won't bring terrible news to Kaliphlin.

ZC, are you technically the "core leader" for Nocturnus then?

Also, I still think we should have free build points as a side competition for the length of the book to give more incentive to build free builds. Could that be an addition?

ZC, are you technically the "core leader" for Nocturnus then?

Good catch. Technically, yes.

Also, I still think we should have free build points as a side competition for the length of the book to give more incentive to build free builds. Could that be an addition?

I figured pop-up challenges would be at least part of the freebuild experience, but I agree freebuilds for your home guild should factor in in some way. We heard from a lot of people they don't build for "points", but I also think freebuilding should give you some prestige at the very least. Anyone have ideas on the freebuild side?

So say I move to noctornus, what happens to all the money I spent on building my 200+ Antyrian army? I just don't have it in me to buy anymore LEGO.

Then stay in Avalonia as your home guild!

The idea sounds great so far. I kind of would like to stay with the people already on the Kaliphlin group, but I guess some mix and match will be fun.

So say I move to noctornus, what happens to all the money I spent on building my 200+ Antyrian army? I just don't have it in me to buy anymore LEGO.

Why not bring the army with you?

my feedback

I really appreciate the effort the team has put into this and I think it will go well. For me though, I have almost no interest in a "permanent war" scenario, I feel there is enough of that in real life in too many places. Have we looked at LCC lately? I have not, but I think they are on the same lines as this idea and GoH might lose some differentiation. Please can we ensure that the challenges do not alienate people that don't want to build only battle scenes, I thought the "quest" challenges were good.

I like Kaliphlin a lot and I don't want to leave, it is an excellent group - although I would love to build on a project level with the many builders from other guilds whom I admire a lot. I would certainly like to do more in Nocturnus so I'm happy it's there twice in the plan, I think my Nocturnus builds have been pretty fun.

:classic:

Well you could always build in the "story" challenges and have peaceful solutions if they work for you. You are always available to freebuild as much as you want well.

Also, if you get on the story team for your home guild, maybe you can steer the struggle in your guild into a more political struggle or economic battle!

I wouldn't think you would change your sigil when you moved. Your Antyrian standard would remain the same, just add red and gold flags. You could change one feature like torsos or legs if you wanted to signify the new affiliation, but no sigil or torso is "owned" by any one guild.

That sounds exciting. I wouldn't say I understand everything what will happen, but we will see. I'm not planning to change my guild by the way.

There is only one moment we can switch guilds and that is before Chapter II oficially starts, isn't it?

I am staying in Kaliphlin for sure, but I do have some mercenaries I can send to all the different Guilds to fight for me the team I will be part of.

As Kaliphlin has always been a loyal Guild to eachother, I guess we need 1 outsider to move to our Guild :) And he can be our opponent (leading a team of Avalonians, Mitgardians, ...) against the current establishment.

because there is still nobody of the current Kaliphlin members who want to start a rebellion against Flagg (after Nocturnus will be done) :sweet:

Well there will be new guild threads. I can link to the old ones, but I think new threads will be better for new members!

There is only one moment we can switch guilds and that is before Chapter II oficially starts, isn't it?

because there is still nobody of the current Kaliphlin members who want to start a rebellion against Flagg (after Nocturnus will be done) :sweet:

Yes only a one time switch before Chapter II.\

Well if we have to have a rebellion against Flagg, I could always start one... :tongue:

As Kaliphlin has always been a loyal Guild to eachother, I guess we need 1 outsider to move to our Guild :) And he can be our opponent (leading a team of Avalonians, Mitgardians, ...) against the current establishment.

That's what I meant by theoretically taking over Kaliphlin. ;)

Well if we have to have a rebellion against Flagg, I could always start one... :tongue:

And so it begins...

An so what begins? :innocent:

The mad monks can always be the bad guys :laugh: They are mad for a reason :tongue:

Anyway, on a serious note: after tearing down a huge part of my army to create everyone's sigfig, I am constructing a whole new army again :classic: And finally, there will be some structure in it :classic:

Oh, and even it means a loss of almost 100 men, I will keep all your sigfigs intact :devil:

The mad monks can always be the bad guys :laugh: They are mad for a reason :tongue:

There don't have to be bad guys to have conflict, just a difference in opinion can be enough for conflict. The mad monks don't ever leave their monastary but perhaps they were able to corrupt Dextrus Flagg and that is the reason why he disappeared.... :devil:

I don't really want to stay in Avalonia if all the real Avalonians leave. We had a good team. I honestly don't feel whoever claims to be Avalonian now isn't. If I can't rule Avalonia, because the regulators won't let me there's no point for me to stay.

oh c'mon bb, how many times have you threatened us to leave? Your an integral pat of the game, face it!

I'm the real deal. What would you think of me if was in Kaliphlin? It just wouldn't be the same. So am I destined to remain Avalonian? I feel left behind if that's the case. I won't be with my buddy, Legonardo. The thought of that just leave's me empety. That's a true confessional.

Alright folks I have a super important question. Having looked over the MAC results (and having them mailed to me), I really need to get a better light set up. Unfortunately, I'm rather broke at the moment. Does anyone know of a decent light set up that won't cost me over $35? And using natural light is almost an impossibility with the recent rain in my state.