jamie75

Star Wars LEGO CUUSOO

Hasbro would disapprove, although Lego could get around it by adding a small speeder bike.

Well, on the other hand, they could add as well a 10212 Imperial Shuttle™, the Emperor and make it a new inspection set.

Well, on the other hand, they could add as well a 10212 Imperial Shuttle™, the Emperor and make it a new inspection set.

Why not a scaled Death Star to compliment it eh? :tongue:

Can anyone explain for me with Hasbro has to do with this? :look:

Hasbro has rights to Star Wars action figures, and in the past they have claimed that TLG's Star Wars minifigures are action figures. TLG gets around this by claiming that the minifigs are merely accessories to the ship(s) and/or location(s) in the sets, but if a set is sold with nothing but minifigs in it, then they can't be accessories for something else in the set.

A truly nice pipe dream, although, they could use their blasters. Unfortunately, I have to agree this will never occur.

As others have said, price being the biggest issue here, I'd definitely be hard pressed to not buy a Clone Bucket.

Call me crazy, but I would gladly buy this bucket for 200USD :)

Then I could fill up the 10188 DS (which I count on getting very soon :) ) completely with stormtroopers :)

It is never going to happen. It doesn't make sense either. The only target audience be collector with $200 + in their pockets to buy it. Lego's primary audience are the kids and as such it would make a lot more sense to release a set with 10 minifigures in it instead. But then again you have the issues with Hasbro, so keep on dreaming I'm afraid.

A box of 20 or so Stormtroopers with a commander and all armed would be more realistic and affordable, but the legal matters will get in the way of this.

Let's make a LEGO Star Wars Chess Set to get young minds excited about playing the royal game! I built one (after an expensive visit to the LEGO store!) for my six-year old son on his birthday and he's been hooked on playing Chess with me ever since.

You can find the LEGO CUUSOO Star Wars Chess Set project here:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/131

LEGO Star Wars Chess Set Description:

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, a great battle of good and evil was fought. Now you can relive the struggles of the courageous characters from the Star Wars saga in one of the world's oldest games, brought to life with LEGO Star Wars minifigs. LEGO Star Wars Chess puts you in command of the Rebel Alliance or the evil Galactic Empire! As you craft your strategy at each step, you move your forces to go forth and do battle. Use Chewbacca's skill with the crossbow to take out a sinister Tie Pilot. Or pit Darth Vader in a deadly lightsaber duel against his arch enemy Luke Skywalker!

LEGO Star Wars Chess Set Specifications:

The set will include a black & white LEGO Chess baseplate and comes in it's own easy to store and carry box (like the LEGO Vikings or Castle Chess sets). My LEGO Star Wars choices for the Chess pieces are a bit whimsical and may mess with the character timeline (many other "rational" choices can be made!) but I have tried to find the best balance of good looks and fun Chess gameplay in the mix of pieces. An alternate (less expensive) version of the Star Wars Chess set could also be made using microfigures like those found on the 3866 Battle of Hoth game set. The set has been configured with a view to portability (game is playable on trains and planes) with affordability (no lavish frills for a $140 maximum price).

REBELS (WHITE):

-Pawns = R2D2

-King = Yoda

-Queen = Princess Leia

-Bishops = C-3PO (a chrome gold version could be reissued for this set!)

-Knights = Luke Skywalker and Han Solo on Tauntauns (Han Solo will be the bishop near Princess Leia)

-Rooks = Chewbacca

IMPERIALS (BLACK):

-Pawns = R5-J2 Droids

-King = Darth Vader

-Queen = Asajj Ventress (an official Mara Jade LEGO minifig for this set is another possibility)

-Bishops = Royal Guards

-Knights = Boba Fett

-Rooks = Tie Pilots

Feel free to comment and support the project on the LEGO CUUSOO website to make it better!

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/131

post-25792-132860105484.jpg

Edited by avisolo

Cool idea!

Though I think that you would have to keep it in the one time like OT, PT, TCW, EU an so forth :thumbup:

And maybe Han could replace Yoda?

Thanks! The pieces were chosen by my son and daughter so there's a bit of a mess in the timeline. I'm thinking of having Hans Solo as the other bishop next to Princess Leia.

Thanks! The pieces were chosen by my son and daughter so there's a bit of a mess in the timeline. I'm thinking of having Hans Solo as the other bishop next to Princess Leia.

Good idea :classic:

Have you got a picture of the Dark Side :vader:

:tongue:

Hm. I would make the pawns of the "Good" side Rebel Troopers. Then, in order from left to right, Chewbacca, C-3PO, Captain Antilles, Luke, Leia, Han, R-3PO, R2-D2. That covers all the characters. On the "Dark" side, I would do pawns as they are, then, from left to right, Death Star Guard, the Emperor's Guard, Boba Fett, Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader, IG-88, the Emperor's Guard, and Death Star Guard. Try it!

Hm. I would make the pawns of the "Good" side Rebel Troopers. Then, in order from left to right, Chewbacca, C-3PO, Captain Antilles, Luke, Leia, Han, R-3PO, R2-D2. That covers all the characters. On the "Dark" side, I would do pawns as they are, then, from left to right, Death Star Guard, the Emperor's Guard, Boba Fett, Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader, IG-88, the Emperor's Guard, and Death Star Guard. Try it!

Thanks! I was going to use R5-J2 droids on the dark side. Their lower profile allows a better glimpse of the main characters.

Rebels:

King: Han

Queen: Leia

Knights: Obi-wan, Luke

Bishops: Artoo, Threepio

Rooks: Lando, Chewie

Pawns: Troopers

Empire:

King: Palpatine

Queen: Vader

Knights: Fett, Bossk

Bishops: Tarkin, Piett

Rooks: Veers, Ozzel

Pawns: Troopers

Yoda was not a rebel, he never helped them. Most other characters were affiliated with Jabba only.

Rebel Alliance:

Pawns: Hoth Rebel troopers

Rooks: Hoth turrets

Knights: Han & Chewie on Taun-Tauns (Could also be Rebel officers on Taun-Tauns)

Bishops: Rebel pilots

King: Hoth pre-Wampa attack Luke

Queen: Hoth Leia

Empire:

Pawns: Snowtroopers

Rooks: Mini AT-ATs

Knights: Speeder bikes

Bishops: Imperial officers with armor (Like General Veers)

King: Palpatine

Queen: Vader

Republic:

Pawns: Clone troopers

Rooks: Mini AT-TEs

Knights: AT-RTs with ARF troopers

Bishops: Anakin & Obi-Wan

King: Palpatine (Chancellor)

Queen: Yoda

CIS:

Pawns: B-1 Battle droids

Rooks: Mini AATs

Knights: STAPs

Bishops: Tactical droids

King: Palpatine (Sith)

Queen: Count Dooku

I like it but the minifigs seem a bit random also not keen on having so many duplicates. obviously doesn't matter with rebel troopers it'd seem a bit weird with lots of chewy's r2's and lukes everywere.

I'd go for something like this:

republic

king: yoda

queen: padme

bishops: commanders rex and cody

knights: anakin and obi wan

rooks: R2D2 and C3P0

pawns: clone troopers

seperatists:

king: count dooku

queen: asaij ventress

bishops: general grevious and cad bane

knights: magna guard

rooks: savage oppress and darth maul

pawns: droid troopers

Edited by lockdownTF

I like it but the minifigs seem a bit random also not keen on having so many duplicates. obviously doesn't matter with rebel troopers it'd seem a bit weird with lots of chewy's r2's and lukes everywere.

I'd go for something like this:

republic

king: yoda

queen: padme

bishops: commanders rex and cody

knights: anakin and obi wan

rooks: R2D2 and C3P0

pawns: clone troopers

seperatists:

king: count dooku

queen: asaij ventress

bishops: general grevious and cad bane

knights: droidek

rooks: savage oppress and darth maul

pawns: droid troopers

A few things:

1. I did not want all the pieces to be Minifigs, as in chess not all pieces represent people; thus the vehicles.

2. Though the King is the most important piece, the Queen is the most useful. Thus I wanted the Kings to be the leaders of both sides, and the Queens to be more like commanders. This does not apply to the rebels, as there is no single leader.

3. I do not feel that "King" and "Queen" should specify gender, but position. Thus my choice of characters.

4. I wanted the Minifigs to make sense in terms of position, thus I used more generic characters.

5. I did not want to simply cram in main characters, but (as I said above) have them make sense.

Edited by Legoman273

Why would you put Luke above Riekkan? Yes, the Rebels do have rank and leaders.

I guess Jedi can be Bishops because of their religion, but they are Jedi Knights. Knights can also move in a way no other piece can emulate, similar to a Jedi.