I Scream Clone

New Lego 10223 Kingdoms Joust Exclusive

It isn't a UCS. It is just an exclusive. Only Star Wars has UCS.

ok, nothimg exlusive to me. in a rank of king castle and village mill.

The MMV was and is more impressive.

still great set.

Good spotting 'Wardancer', weird that he doesn't have a cape yet his torso shows it to be so ! *huh*

Could just be a mantle or a cowl.

Now that so many people have commented on the Falcon Knight, I've had some new thoughts. What if the Knight actually is a Dragon Knight? It would totally fit. The Lions and Dragons are at war, so if some hopelessly romantic young Dragon was to fall in love with yon Lioness, he'd be SOL. Until, lo and behold, the Lion King declares that whoever wins this tourney shall marry his daughter. Young Draco sees his chance at last. Taking the arms and armor of a dead Falcon knight, vanquished these many years ago, he enters the tourney as a Black Knight. At the end of the joust, he removes his armor and reveals his true identity. Maidens swoon, and many a Lion knight mutters a curse or two, but the King has given his word, and the wedding is on.

And they all lived happily ever after. Duh.

But notice in one of the pics of the minifigs in a lineup, the Black Knight is sitting down... Hmmm.... The only reason I can think of is that they wanted to hide his legs and torso with the possible intention of changing it later!

Just dong my part to feed the rumor mill here!! =)

Again, KUDOS TO LEGO!!

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones

Now that so many people have commented on the Falcon Knight, I've had some new thoughts. What if the Knight actually is a Dragon Knight? It would totally fit. The Lions and Dragons are at war, so if some hopelessly romantic young Dragon was to fall in love with yon Lioness, he'd be SOL. Until, lo and behold, the Lion King declares that whoever wins this tourney shall marry his daughter. Young Draco sees his chance at last. Taking the arms and armor of a dead Falcon knight, vanquished these many years ago, he enters the tourney as a Black Knight. At the end of the joust, he removes his armor and reveals his true identity. Maidens swoon, and many a Lion knight mutters a curse or two, but the King has given his word, and the wedding is on.

I like this idea, but I'd sooner treat him as a lone knight from a distant land who heard the call of contest.

That is a great scenario, but it does not explain why his plume and tent are the Dragon colors.

Anyway, they obviously designed his armor and horse barding to be an all-purpose Black Knight that can go into any faction, or just be independent... A smart design move.

I think I will change his plume and tent to blue or dark blue, as a nod to the 80s sets, and use my blue guys as his squires.

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones

Actual photo's :grin: thanks 'paul_delahaye' for them ! :sweet:

The structure seems to be just a backdrop to the joust field, though it does have some play features we have all seen the images of already. :wink:

I do tend to agree it's about the same vein as the Mill set though I feel it's as good as the MMV. :classic:

Edited by lightningtiger

It is more plausible to me that whomever built this put the cape on the king instead of the other royal like it is supposed to be. The torso of the king doesn't show he should have a cape, but the other noble's does. Just a thought.

I like the dragon knight disguise idea, but I also prefer having a new black knight and maybe introducing a new faction. OR just as easily, as previously mentioned, a stand alone black knight that heard of a contest and thought he would enter for the sake of competition. OR they will blow us all away and the black knight will actually be a female behind that helmet! Sounds like a nice film concept, eh?

Who's going to be buying 2 of these sets? I'd say I'm about 90% sure of buying two. But, I'll wait till I get the first one and see how good it really is.

Maybe this question warrants its own thread with a poll option.

Who's going to be buying 2 of these sets? I'd say I'm about 90% sure of buying two. But, I'll wait till I get the first one and see how good it really is.

Maybe this question warrants its own thread with a poll option.

I'm for sure getting two. They just look so awesome put together, and then I will have two Falcon knights, plus double of everything else.

I'm for sure getting two. They just look so awesome put together, and then I will have two Falcon knights, plus double of everything else.

I want to get 2 of these as well. The design and the way they can be combined definitely lends itself to getting doubles of this set. :classic:

:dhappy: (After reading 13 pages) :wub_drool: I will be buying this set...

The buildings are awesome, but like others:

With the tent, flags, and plume, I am very disappointed that the secondary color of the black falcon is dark green? I know that this can be easily modified. However, it feels like they designed the set to include the dragon knight and then switched out the helmet, armor, shields, and barding at the last second to make a new faction? This really detracts from the overall complete look that I would hope for from an exclusive set. If the tent was black/white, with black/white flags and a white plume it would have been much better. It just looks like two factions have been blended together is some obviously perverse way. :wink:

I'm disappointed that the dragon colours have been used for a not-dragon-knight. Also disappointed in the figures, how many Lion Kings do I need? 3 apparently, or 4 if I "buy 2 of this set" (I probably won't, but it's tempting). I have a seemingly identical queen. I count 3 figures as "don't really want here" (royals) 3 as "don't care either way" (soldiers, squire/boy) and 3 as "YES PLEASE!!!" (green girl, mounted knights).

If there was going to be a new Falcon faction, (but I understand the argument for there not going to be one) I would have had it as purple or orange with black, white or gold. I've gotten over the Lion Knights so I am happy for this to be their Last Hurrah if it is, but if there are no more Dragon Knights that's a bit disappointing, especially since they don't have a real castle. This is a good "last Kingdoms set ever" or a good "last first wave Kingdoms set" (ie new factions being introduced mid next year)

It's great getting more royalty and peasants and whatnot other than just military, but I wouldn't say we need three different sets with the king. It should be more like Harry Potter with only one set with Dumbledore and the other teachers. Granted, I wouldn't say the king and Dumbledore are on the same level, but this king isn't necessarily needed. I suppose it would be better if they didn't have the king in the carriage ambush set and had a different royal there maybe.

I like the idea of getting two sets (mostly for the knights/horse barding), but then as previously stated, I would have 4 lion kings and 3 queens. That sounds silly.

Edited by TheLegoDr

This is so awesome my brain literally stopped working for 0.5 seconds... awe-overflow!!!

Sadly this is most likely going to replace MMV so I got to get me at least a second one of that before it's gone forever into the abyss of the secondary market and it's collector's prices...

New black falcon knight! *sheds tears of joy* So awesome!

Be well all!

Cutty

p.s. I will, as of now, believe that someone at TLC does read through all our suggestions. Why of all factions imaginable, would they reactivate and update especially the BF if not for the fact we castle-people wailed and clamoured for precisely that, for a looooong time? TLC! You made a believer out of me!

Who's going to be buying 2 of these sets? I'd say I'm about 90% sure of buying two.

Me two! (sorry, too)

Edited by McBuddha

This set sure looks amazing! :cry_happy:

On a more sadder note, if this set is indeed the last set of Kingdoms, maybe the Black Falcon is just an "Easter Egg" sort of thing for AFOLS to have a sense of nostalgia. :sad:

Oh wow. Just... wow.

That Black Falcon looks amazing! Such AFOL bait Lego!

Will be picking this set up for sure. It will go nicely with the MMV. Now I just need a bigger glass cabinet!

it's not uncommon for lego to create half packs where it doesnt look as good until you buy 2 of the same packs. A recent example is the Fire Temple set from the Ninjago Theme. you would need 2 of those sets to create a fully covered temple.. otherwise you only get the front view.

it's not uncommon for lego to create half packs where it doesnt look as good until you buy 2 of the same packs. A recent example is the Fire Temple set from the Ninjago Theme. you would need 2 of those sets to create a fully covered temple.. otherwise you only get the front view.

That technique is used for decades, look at the city/town sets from the 90's, they all had open backs.

I think this is the first exclusive set, though... although I guess you've always been able to buy additional Modular Buildings to add extra floors. This isn't shown in the marketting material though, so they probably realise the gimmick isn't going to sell that many extra sets. With 10223 however it is a different story.

@BeefBeard I think there is only one loaf of bread, although it's a fairly easy item to get extra ones from BrickLink.

@Brickviller, I can't think of any city buildings with open backs that are designed to be placed back to back. With them I think it is just a case of easy access for play, and also keeping the sets affordable.

@Brickviller, I can't think of any city buildings with open backs that are designed to be placed back to back. With them I think it is just a case of easy access for play, and also keeping the sets affordable.

I meant only that they also had open backs, the example given of the Fire temple was also not ment to be placed against each other..

Sorry if these pics are a little big and a little blur :-( I managed to half the size of them, but can't do any better without loosing half the picture? anyway, I'm sure someone with the skills can fix them :-)

Pics from the GWLS

Is the Queen's hair actually black? It looks it in these pictures but is brown in the 'official' pictures. Would be a bit odd to change it from the advent calendar Queen minifig. Would be nice to get some different head prints (the noblemans head is quite common, I've got a load and not too keen on them :P).

The excitment seems to be over the NEW figs/prints, so a little bit disappointing they've used mostly currently available figures/pieces (other than the green princess, noblemans torso and falcon armour).

The peasant torso could be changed to the newer (mill village raid) one.

Are we likely to see any changes between now and production?

I just recognized that the holes/pins on the side of the walls will actually fit excactly to the holes/pins on the side of the king's castle walls. Will be interesting to see how the 2 sets go together, probably one's able to easily build one huge castle out of the 2.

Edited by metalandi