I Scream Clone

New Lego 10223 Kingdoms Joust Exclusive

Been drooling over these pics since Friday.

I will definitely have to snag two of these! :classic:

Funny thing is though: the jousting area will look better than the King's castle! :tongue:

Omg, this has to be my number one, first draft pick, must get set for 2012, no argument! :wub: That noblewoman is to die for (perhaps quite literally, if one was jousting) and the black knight isn't bad either. And like someone else noticed - 1x3 arches, hooray! Well done LEGO. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Is the Queen's hair actually black? It looks it in these pictures but is brown in the 'official' pictures. Would be a bit odd to change it from the advent calendar Queen minifig.

The queen has "dyed" her hair dark brown for this set. That same hairpiece in that color is available in one of the new Star Wars sets for Leia, and in the Wedding Decoration set (along with a blonde and reddish brown versions of the hairpiece).

I wonder why they made the lances the way they did instead of using the lance accessory.

I think that is the lance, but with a small dish and 1x1 cone to make it look better.

Assuming you meant this: 3849.gif and not the "Duplo" lance which, while really cool, doesn't look like a real lance.

I'm dying to see what prints are under the black knight's armor and helm. He's already pretty unique; I'm gonna guess it's dragon knight printing and a young face (not a child, not an older man). Hmm... Maybe a female knight!? Haha that would be cool.

This set is pretty cool. It will be a fun build. I'm not sold on a second set, mostly because of financials.

I love this set, but must admit that the biggest seller for me is the Falcon knight. It'd still be a great little set if that was a Dragon knight or something, but the Falcon shout-out is what makes it a must-have for me!

I'm dying to see what prints are under the black knight's armor and helm. He's already pretty unique; I'm gonna guess it's dragon knight printing and a young face (not a child, not an older man). Hmm... Maybe a female knight!? Haha that would be cool.

This set is pretty cool. It will be a fun build. I'm not sold on a second set, mostly because of financials.

I'm 99% sure the face is the same one as the Dragon knight from the recent blacksmith set.

Well, I like it. I will be getting one, maybe two.

A few thoughts:

Nice to see the Black Falcon livery again. Hopefully we'll see more.

It would be nice to have Knights with many liveries, as a tournament usually had more than two contestants. Yes, I have plenty from previous sets, but I'd like more.

I'm 99% sure the face is the same one as the Dragon knight from the recent blacksmith set.

I think you're right…

Taking a closer look at the black knight photos.

Definitely new:

-Armor

-Shield

-Horse barding

Probably new:

-Helmet in black. Unless I'm wrong and the lighting is lying and it's really Pearl Dark Gray.

Probably old (not new):

- Head is probably this one.

- Torso is probably this one. I can tell by the one shot where he's running, you can just barely see a bit of the bottom of the print.

Definitely old (not new):

- Legs are these

All thing's considered, it looks like he's the exact fig from Blacksmith Attack ("cas493"), but with different accessories. As in, the same legs, torso, and head.

So your imagination can either be that he's the one dragon knight disguising himself as a Lion-friendly faction (falcon knights), or that there's a Walmart of armor suits and the falcon knights shop at the same place the dragon knights do. :wink: Or, maybe the guy from the Blacksmith Attack set got taken down by the black falcon knight, who decided to steal his armor (and he just happened to have the same face, maybe his twin brother)!

Edited by Zeya

So I checked back at the pictures to see if the excitement wore off for me... No, still need two of the set. :tongue: I'm impressed with the new figures still. I can see quite a few uses for the princess and Falcon Knight, especially.

By the looks of it the Lion's Knight has a new torso and back printed too ! :thumbup:

Oh, I want this set so bad now to add to my collection ! :laugh:

Thanks 'CastleLord' for those links. :classic:

Edited by lightningtiger

By the looks of it the Lion's Knight has a new torso and back printed too ! :thumbup:

Oh, I want this set so bad now to add to my collection ! :laugh:

Thanks 'CastleLord' for those links. :classic:

No, I'm pretty sure these are the current standard lion and dragon knight torsos. Would have been nice to have some non-standard heads as well... but the falcon armour, shield and barding and pure 'win' :D

Love it!

I really think they have a great design to the set here which will look good on the collectors shelves and still managed to get it filled with interesting pieces that will be useful for MOCers. The nod to the Black Falcons are great and I actually prefer this design of the coat of arms over the old which didn't look much as a falcon but mroe like a pigeon. :tongue: 3 (I hope) new BF shields would be a great start to a rebirth of my favourite classic castle faction! The new green dressed lady is wonderful as well, a must have. Since I haven't got the 7188 King's Carriage Ambush I'm happy to be able to get the king in his new fashion as well.

The wait for January is on!

No, that is an already existing torso: 973pb682c01.jpg available in 3 sets. :wink:

Here's the figs without armour:

Link 1

Link 2

See? Normal torso!

Courtesy of CC: CC

CastleLord

Well, these pics confirm that the helmet is black. Also, I don't mind that they used the same torso from the Dragon knight because it is still covered by his suit of armour.

No, that is an already existing torso: 973pb682c01.jpg available in 3 sets. :wink:

I beg to differ, one set the battle pack which wasn't sold in Oz....information found on Brickset. :wink:

cas459: Kingdoms - Lion Knight Breastplate with Lion Head and Belt, Helmet with Fixed Grille, Cape

What other two sets ? :look:

I beg to differ, one set the battle pack which wasn't sold in Oz....information found on Brickset. :wink:

cas459: Kingdoms - Lion Knight Breastplate with Lion Head and Belt, Helmet with Fixed Grille, Cape

What other two sets ? :look:

These 3 sets (list at bottom of page):

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=973pb682c01&in=S

Battle Pack Lion Knights

Prison Carriage Rescue

Prison Tower Rescue

Edited by Zeya

I would definitely buy that set, but TLG generally plays their gender politics very conservative. It will be a cold day in Hell before they release a set that shows a female knight winning any tournament, let alone winning the Princess' hand in marriage.

On a related tangent, this set has me looking forward to lots of Song of Ice and Fire (AKA Game of Thrones) MOCs to come in the next couple of years.

I would definitely buy that set, but TLG generally plays their gender politics very conservative. It will be a cold day in Hell before they release a set that shows a female knight winning any tournament, let alone winning the Princess' hand in marriage.

On a related tangent, this set has me looking forward to lots of Song of Ice and Fire (AKA Game of Thrones) MOCs to come in the next couple of years.

She doesn't have to win the daughter's hand in marriage, just win to show that women are equals. To me, it sounds like a movie plot, which I probably saw a long time ago. Wait, maybe Lord of the Rings at the end? But I agree, I doubt they would do that. And with these preliminary shots, they show they'd rather reuse old bodies that clash instead of a new torso.

I am still excited for this set.

She doesn't have to win the daughter's hand in marriage, just win to show that women are equals.

Oh, I understood that. But the premise of the set is that the winner gets to marry the princess, and conservative parent groups everywhere would be up in arms at the mere possibility of that outcome.

I agree though, it's a very cool set as it is, and I guess we'll have to come up with our own subversive stories to go with it.

Aesthetically speaking this set is meant to have the two towers facing back to back but there in lies a problem . Considering the detail that is on the inside of the towers and the positioning of the pins playability will be reduced or in effect not be capable if the two tower are attached as Lego suggests in the pictures . Of course one would like to think that there would be instructions that allows the tower to be opened up but like I said the positioning of the pins on both the top and bottom suggest a sense of permanent fixture of both halves . Therefore its only through some heavy mocing would any playability within the tower`s interior be achieved . I hope I am wrong though .

By permanent I meant playability without having to pull both halves apart but that also means having to moved the flags on the top of the roof as they are moved over to the middle of the two towers . Is there any evidence of a hinge mechanism ?

Edited by kermit

Have I missed something, or has there yet been no picture that would show the back printing of the torsos of the nobleman and the lady?