I Scream Clone

LEGO 10220 Volkswagon Camper Van

Far out! I'm going to have to save my bread to buy this van. This is one FINE set -- that ain't no jive. I wonder if I can invite some of my friends to see these digs:

6041006236_9c4e5f0610_z.jpg5212712648_c5af07d4ae.jpg

I just keep liking this more & more :wub: , and the price really is reasonable (particularily if you're a Star Wars collector like me).

I'm getting excited for Christmas and it's still summer :sweet: .

The Dead will be blasting out of my stereo when I build this sweet set :grin: .

Edited by gratefulnat

Needs moar hippies. But seriously, this is an amazing model with lots of detail, and it is VERY high on my wanted list.

I might just actually buy this at full retail price even if it is $130 Canadian (not that it's a very unreasonable price or anything, just that $130 in general is a lot of money).

I REALLY liked the set the moment I saw the preliminary pictures. Like it more than the Beetle (which I missed out on). It's VERY high up my list of sets that I wanna buy.

The interior of this model is amazing, and is easily the best we have seen yet in a large-scale vehicle. It puts even 5571's interior to shame. :thumbup:

I do like the look of this. And it's probably going to end up on my shelf!

But as a car nut, I really can't help but get annoyed by the spelling error in the topic title...

I think this will be one of the few sets that I actually build and keep built to display. The designer has done a good job of capturing the look of a splitty from the outside, but its the interior that really makes this set.

I think owning this set is going to make me even more disappointed to have missed the beetle set. Maybe it will finally inspire me to collect all the parts and build one to display along side.

Now Ive just got to keep everything crossed that LEGO do the best two aircooled dubs.... A Karmann ghia and a Type 3 that can be built as a notch, square or fastback varietys.

I can dream!

Just heard from TLG, the US price was incorrect, it is actually $119, not $99. The rest of the quoted prices are correct.

In the video he mentioned getting his initials in the creation was a continuation of some tradition. Does anyone know of other initials in other sets?

This set is just amazing. It seems that the designer didn't spare a single detail. There are so many small inclusions that other people would just leave out, but this is awesome!

In the video he mentioned getting his initials in the creation was a continuation of some tradition. Does anyone know of other initials in other sets?

Yes. Almost all license plate stickers in the City theme include the designer's initials.

this thing is simply stunning. the insides are absolutely brilliant. I'm still not comfortable with the front, the black stripe, and the door hinges, but I can't really see how it could have been done different.

Edited by Soulgem

I've been waiting for someone to say it, but nobody does:

WHAT KIND OF PLANT IS THAT?!?

Sure, you could grow whatever kind of plant you want in a combi, but given the general hippy theme of this model, the unspecified plant really brings a smile to my face.

Wow, this looks really nice. A bit too pricey for me, but it's certainly a good display piece.

The interior is also great, much better than I initially expected.

I like the interior. It seems to be more detailed than the Beetle and have about 300 less pieces.

Van has less pieces than Beetle, but the Van is allso in smaler scale. The Beetle is 40 cm long and the Van is 30 cm long.

And the Beetle wheals, are much bigger than Van wheals. So, Beetle is much biger model then Van, and on the shelve, they wont fit next to each other.

Ofcourse the Van is great set and, it's definitely a must buy. :thumbup::classic:

This set just jumped up to number one on my must-have list (tied with Grand Emporium), and with my birthday three weeks after this is released, it's straight on that list too. :tongue:

In case anyone hasn't noticed, this set is now available to order from Lego S@H.

Locutis

In North America that is. :wink:

We in the other parts of the world will have to wait some more days it seems (27th September).