Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"If I knew anything about his tactics do you think I'd be behind here? Most people know he has a gang who's assisted him on robberies, and he's also never killed anyone. As for an image, here's what the newspaper headings make him out to look like. Of course, this is an artist's illustration, so who knows how accurate the damn thing is."

"Thank you very much! I didn't know that about his not having killed anyone, nor had I been able to find any pictures of him."

Ooc - One thing I thought of - can I assume that Lind slipped the newspaper into his inventory, so that he's carrying a picture of what Alfendi looks like, which he can show to people?

Current Sign Ups for Quest 103: Alfendi Lupine Strikes Again!

Hoke Ablesword, 32.25 Mystic Knight (UsernameMDM)

Guts Holla, Level 31 1/4 Alchemist (Scubacarrot)

Thormanil Nihai, Level 37.5 Dragoon (swils)

Alexandar Vandagant, Level 21 2/3 Hunter (Wedge09)

Alexandre LeChevalier, Level 27.33 Black Knight (Capt.JohnPaul)

Drake Flamerobe, Level 11.5 Knight (xxlrocka)

Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 32.75 Skirmisher (Flipz)

Lind Whisperer, Level 1 Rogue (Lind Whisperer)

Grimwald Gjinko, Level 16 Sage (LordoftheNoobs)

FINAL CALL! Chosen Heroicans will be posted later toady.

Hybros soon returned to the Hall after a short walk from Zylstra, and delivered the letter to the Ji Pei Palace. Now all he could do was wait. He took his usual seat in the corner by the fire, leaned back into the chair and tipped his hat up to see if he could find anyone he recognized. There was Em, contemplating silently. Hybros thought it best to leave the man with his own thoughts. He also spotted Arthur, the somewhat untrustworthy man he had met briefly in the Hall some time ago. He got up to approach the bar and order a glass of water, nodding to the young wizard as he did so.

Atramor walked back into the hall after what felt like an eternity, clothes and weapon worn from use, neglect, and several explosions. Both hair and beard had grown unevenly as another year of life came and went. He took up his usual seat at the end of the bar, ordered a rum, and downed the drink gratefully, McCafferey ruffling her feathers and digging into leftover bits of corn from someone's earlier lunch. He didn't even want to begin thinking about the hurried departure from Strivvi. His turned his eyes to the Quest board only briefly, ignoring what paltry offerings had been posted on it, and returning his attention to his drink.

"Need somethin' easy to do for a change..."

The lone Rogue sat patiently in his small booth, waiting for the news of the chosen questers. He understood that his chances of being chosen were not of the greatest that might be wished for, but he had done all that he could to prepare.

He noticed a few other patrons, who seemed to be waiting for the news also. He specifically spied a skirmisher, a regulator, a ranger, and a strange, dark man, in the garb of an assassin, who was standing at the bar for a drink.

He looked again at the newspaper, and at the strange, unscarred face of the were-beast. Who was this Alfendi? What drove him to do what he did? He tucked the paper somewhere into the folds of his cloak. Once, if he was fortunate enough, he was on the quest, he would of course show it to the rest of the party immediately, but until then, unless he was directly asked, he decided to keep it to himself, if only for the moment.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Hybros soon returned to the Hall after a short walk from Zylstra, and delivered the letter to the Ji Pei Palace. Now all he could do was wait. He took his usual seat in the corner by the fire, leaned back into the chair and tipped his hat up to see if he could find anyone he recognized. There was Em, contemplating silently. Hybros thought it best to leave the man with his own thoughts. He also spotted Arthur, the somewhat untrustworthy man he had met briefly in the Hall some time ago. He got up to approach the bar and order a glass of water, nodding to the young wizard as he did so.

Arthur feels a strange pull, and turns to see Hybros entering the Hall. Of course. Zoot's Reaper would sense me...its brother. And I it. Still drawn by some strange compulsion, Arthur moves over a few seats to sit next to the imp. "Hybros. I haven't spoken with you in a while...not since shortly after Wren, I think." He had, perhaps, spotted the imp briefly after his return from R'klif, but both had left on Quests shortly afterward. "How goes the world?"

Current sign-ups for Quest #106: Devilish documents

Grimwald Gjinko, Level 16 Sage (LordoftheNoobs)

QM note: Still here. :classic:

I enter the hall and spy Em and Hybros and Arthur speaking to Hybros.

Hmpf, wonder what the lad is up to these days, I ponder pensively, as I take a seat elsewhere. I have no intention of spending any more time than necessary with the demon. The time in the dark kingdom under the city was too long already. I look around at others that seem familiar and catch sight of a knight...

"Alexandre, was it? I see that you have clearly not changed your profession. Still baring a fascination for the dark side, are you? You look darker than the last time I saw you. Your time being a black knight has done little to aid your career as far as being heroic is concerned. Nice gem there, though. Are you selling?"

I glance over the list of quests available for signup.

Quest#103: Alfendi Lupine Strikes Again!

Catching a burglar? Seems straightforward enough. The Shadeaux have struck me as a pleasant family. The girl in Dastan, at least, was pleasant enough. It certainly can't hurt to signup, although the reward sounds a little odd. What is it based on, I wonder?

I signup for Quest #103.

Quest#105: Eternal Reaper

I look up at the second signup. It seems odd, really.

What is up with this? I wonder. Is it that an enemy of Heroica wants to sign us up for a quest. How strange! Who calls himself 'the Regret' anyway. I really do not know what to make of this.

I hesitate over whether to signup for it or not, but then determine, If this really is a threat to the human world and Heroica, then it is necessary that someone strong in the faith goes. Though the signup deadline is quite far away. Perhaps I can go on a quest before then.

Nevertheless, I signup for Quest #105.

Quest#106: Devilish Documents

Quest seems straightforward enough, I muse. Although it does remind me of that last quest when he had to run the errand for that alchemist. Risky business. Still, the reward is good. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to check out.

I also signup for Quest #106.

Edited by Palathadric

For clarification, Palathadric, are you singing up for 104 or 105?

Edited by Endgame

The doors to the hall once again swing open, and in drips a familiar face to some. Less of a face, really - a levitating ball of the blackest ink, a purple ey glowing out from the miasma. Six colorful tentacles emerge from his main body, swaying slowly behind him as he enters the hall. He checks the quest board.

Current Sign-Ups for Quest #105: The Eternal Reaper

-Erdathcath (The_Customizer)

-Masson (At the request of the Sand Queen)

-Em (Emjajoas)

-Grimwald (LordOfTheNoobs)

-Monk Pretzel (Palathadric)

iQpt6Fq.png

"Hrrrmmm... Things are coming along nicely, quite nicely."

The Oculoid Mastermind takes a seat and yawns, watching over the heroes... Sitting in plain sight.

Atramor glanced at the floating eyeball that slid inside, and shook his head, gulping down the last few drops of rum before tossing the empty bottle over his shoulder at the thing idly.

"We don't serve your kind here, mate. There's a nice big temple under the city ya' might have better luck crawlin' into."

The glass bottle bounces off the demon, half dissolved as it hit the floor. The other half simply got melted into ink.

iQpt6Fq.png

"The Temple of Zoot? Oh, that place is dreadful, simply dreadful. And not because the little tussle you Heroicans had down there, either. You see, you presume I'm a demon. I used to... I used to be a creature of the void. Hah. But I had that loathsome part of me cauterized away a while back. I demon I am no more, make no mistake.

Besides, I'm not here for the booze, people watching is simply one of my guilty pleasures."

Alexandre looks up. "Ahh greetings. Non, I am still a black knight. Despite the name, I am good. And it has helped my career vert much. Yes, I am selling the gem. Care to buy?

"Well, go guiltily please yourself somewhere else."

Atramor then ignored the strange black blob, quietly sharpening the Tiger Claws using the nigh-unbreakable Pheles Kris.

iQpt6Fq.png

"Hmph. Talk about a killjoy."

Seerus returns to arranging his increasing number of drinks in accordance to their placement on the color spectrum.

Boomingham drags himself into the Hall. He looks worse for wear than in a long time. Bags under his eyes, his swords strapped carefully to his side (but his cloths are rumpled). Barty flickers in and out of existence next to him.

He takes in the Hall, unsure entirely of when he last saw it. He knows it was some time ago, in colder months - traipsing around the city with that Ji Pei device was the last time he was in Eubric, his memory serving. He sighs. There was snow on the ground then, and it is impossibly hot and muggy now. Which means, of course, he is another year older as well. He makes a mental note - 47 years old. Not old, but not young. He shakes his head.

A sweep of the Hall reveals that things are much the same. He spies his small friend Hybros at the bar and starts to lumber towards him, a grin plastered on his face, before he spots his companion - the boy wizard Arthur. Boomingham growls gutturally. There is only so much of the boy he can stomach - and though he has been away for a long time, and though the boy proved himself in R'Klif... the memory of Masson was too much - a reminder of a past failure coming too fast at the heels of a recent one. Boomingham pivots, searching for someone else to pass the time with, catch up with.

Atramor sits at the bar opposite a horrifying creature. Another boy. And what would the two have to discuss? Unpleasant memories only, no doubt.

Boomingham reels again, and spies the quiet Em, eyes glazed over, sitting in a chair in a corner. Another enigma from that some failure - a man he had trusted, a man who had betrayed him in a moment of truth. Boomingham stares at him wordlessly. He exhales. This is not the time for him either.

Behind the bar, far from Atramor and his monstrosity, stands an old Orcish woman. She is the first foe Boomingham made in Heroica, and that somehow is what makes him feel most at home. He waddles confidently towards her.

"A Flaming Gumball for this old goat," he sneers at her, his eyes tired, red, and moist. She sets about her business quietly, returning the sneer.

The mellow demon had since rearranged his palette of multicolored beverages into something of a mosaic.

iQpt6Fq.png

"Hmmm... I'm in need of some red here. I'll have one too, if you don't mind..."

Asking was a needless gesture - he was arranging the glasses with four of his tentacles and taking beverages with the other two, without the consent of the orcish barmaid.

Em glances over at the great black blob in the middle of the hall. He shakes his head in disbelief, still believing himself to be half asleep. How did that thing get in here? What was it doing there...?

He looks around the hall. Nobody else seemed to mind; at least, nobody else was making a fuss. He tensed, but decided it best to ignore the beast for now.

Seerus looks at Em from the corner of his eye.

iQpt6Fq.png

"Nice to see you again, too."

Sitting in the corner sipping some tea, Erdathcath notices a familiar, albeit, horrible, sight. She walks over to the Oculoid calmly and collected, then demands, "What are you doing here? Don't you have something better to do? Maybe some poor souls to consume? Get out of this Hall, it is not the place for the likes of you!" She then flings her cup of scorching hot tea onto the Oculoid for added emphasis.

Edited by The_Customizer

Seerus looks at Em from the corner of his eye.

iQpt6Fq.png

"Nice to see you again, too."

"So you aren't showing up because I hit my head. Huh." Em spits, shrugging. "Always a pleasure, I suppose," he coos venemously, taking another sip of his drink. "Your plans coming along nicely?"

iQpt6Fq.png

"For the love of... So many drinks, flying through the air! You're only inconviencing that poor barmaid, not me. I'm not the one who must mop that off the floor, as I'm sure you're aware.

If you truly must know, my dearest druid, I have actually cleared up my backlog on executions today, thus allowing my presence here currently. I finally cleared out my queue - and yes, if you're still curious, I did take their souls."

"So you aren't showing up because I hit my head. Huh." Em spits, shrugging. "Always a pleasure, I suppose," he coos venemously, taking another sip of his drink. "Your plans coming along nicely?"

iQpt6Fq.png

"Splendidly, if you must know. I can't divugle too many juicy details, alas, as that would throw a bit of a damper on things to come. And believe me, "Em", many things await. And not just for Heroica."

Seerus never looks away from his drinks while entertaining conversation, still arranging them artfully.

"And here I was hoping to gossip like a couple housewives," Em replies, not bother to hide his glare, still tense. "It's been forever since I've seen your lot-- the least you could do is tell me how everyone is doing."