Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Tesni pocketed the gold from Namyrra as plans for her weapons upgrades danced in her head. Alexis joined her table, she seemed to be slightly off. "Ave Alexis, I am fine and ready to be off once more. Yourself?"

"Well Althior and I are no longer on the best terms, but I to am ready to be off. Any particular quests you're interested in? I would like to go face this Wren person."

Boomingham, Tesni and Cinna had apparently spent the entire night chatting. It was sometimes hard to keep track of time in the Hall. One could drift in and out of sleep while drinking ale and being warmed by the fire. Boomingham arose from another quick nap to see his table joined by yet another old female friend.

"You're quite the hero magnet, Tesni. Everyone seems to want to have a word with you," Boomingham smiled wanely as he lifted his hand, indicating he wanted another ale. He listened to Alexis' woes. "You too? Seems everyone is on the brink of collapse. Did Althior refuse to fight Vampires and then side with the Wolfgang? That's what almost did Haldor in."

Althior turned his head to see Alexis. A lump formed in his throat as he stared at her. He turned back to the bar. "Finnegan, stay here. Haldor, let's walk and talk..." He stood up, keeping his balance on the cane, and he limped out the door.

Haldor kept a helping hand on Althior's shoulder as he hobbled out through the heavy oak doorway, and into the cool air of the alleyways outside. Once they had walked a little bit away from the hall, Haldor aided his friend in sitting down on a low wall, the Nord then leant against a decrepit fence and spoke. "Why so eager to be away from home? Have you been fighting with anyone in the organisation, is that why you're like this? Don't you have a worry in you, Althior, I'll always be happy to back you up, just so long as there are plenty of drinks to go round. Ha, I guess I'd better fix you up, where would you be without me eh?" Haldor walked over to Althior, and worked his blood magic. As he touched his friend, The Norseman felt a surging sensation through him his veins, as though infused with great energy. He used his mind to focus the flow of energy through himself and into his friend, healing his wounds and restoring what little strength he had actually possessed in the first place. After it was all done, Haldor spoke again. "Feeling better now? So, after all that, who was it that did this to you anyway? I want to give them a medal. You look like you were out on the streets all night, this city can be nasty when it gets dark. Maybe we should go and tell Alexis that you were hurt, she might be worried about you, I don't know if you noticed her coming into the hall a while ago."

Edited by Scorpiox

L'Oreal made his way back into the hall and mingled with the other heroes. After a time, he approached the quest board and gazed upon the options before him. Giving a nod to Siercon, L'Oreal signs up for Quests 40, 43, 44, and Unlimited Quest.

"Well Althior and I are no longer on the best terms, but I to am ready to be off. Any particular quests you're interested in? I would like to go face this Wren person."

"More's the pity, that chap seemed interesting to observe at least. I have signed up to return to Haddon. Wren is a mystery I have to solve..."

"You're quite the hero magnet, Tesni. Everyone seems to want to have a word with you,"

"So it seems. I must have built quite the reputation up despite being away from the hall so often!"

"Tesni? Can you do 60 gold on the emarald?"

"You are quite brave to be so impertinent. I do not believe we have met or if we have it must have only been briefly." She patted her pocket. "I can keep in mind that you wish to purchase the gem, however someone might make a better offer with ready gold." She smiled the kind of smile that premordial beings had learned to fear. "I have to keep my options open, this adventuring business is costly you know. Do return when you have the coin and see if I am yet to sell this bauble."

Tesni excused herself from the table, she had business to attend to at the marketplace.

A faint smile came to Eric's face as he pocketed the coin he received from Tesni.

"Grand plans, I'm sure. I'm glad to hear they'll at least go to good use."

Boomingham turns to one of his oldest companions. He had not seen the Nord since he had departed on his most recent quest, and even before that, they had hardly had a chance to catch up. Boomingham kicks a chair near him so that it skids away from the table slightly, allowing one to sit in it if they wished. The stunt works well, much to Boomingham's surprise.

"Care to sit and drink, Eric? You're among friends."

Eric motioned towards Scherehazade to order some drinks and took a seat. As soon as the Orcish lady put some drinks on the table, Eric took his pint and mumbled thanks to the waitress. He raised his glass and said "cheers. On past successes and future adventures!"

The Nord took a huge gulp of his ale and then turned his attention to those sitting at the table. He knew most of them, except one. A young woman with brown hair, accented with white. She was dressed in purple. Eric guessed she was probable some sort of magic user. He could've sworn he'd seen her before, somewhere in the distance, in the background, but he couldn't quite put his finger on the "where" of it all.

"You're quite the hero magnet, Tesni. Everyone seems to want to have a word with you," Boomingham smiled wanely as he lifted his hand, indicating he wanted another ale. He listened to Alexis' woes. "You too? Seems everyone is on the brink of collapse. Did Althior refuse to fight Vampires and then side with the Wolfgang? That's what almost did Haldor in."

The Nord's attention was quickly drawn from the female wizard back towards old Boomers.

"You've encountered Vampires? Here in Eubric?" Eric asked, a slight trace of surprise in his voice.

Having concluded her business at the market, Tesni strode proudly into the hall and returned to her friends. "Behold!" She cried "Mellt the warhammer of lightning!" she hefted the hammer as sparks ran up the shaft and embraced the heavy head. After a moment of held pose she grinned hugely and returned it to the straps slung across her back. Then from the scabbard beside it she pulled Dryw out, sunlight arced along the blade leaving something reminiscent of a halo around the tip. "Dryw has been improved with a diamond. A lighter twin for Cysgodion." She placed the blade home and sat back at the table.

The Nord's attention was quickly drawn from the female wizard back towards old Boomers.

"You've encountered Vampires? Here in Eubric?" Eric asked, a slight trace of surprise in his voice.

Boomingham grinned. "I thought it might intrigue you. Haldor had quite a love affair with them, and while you know I'm still trying to fully grasp the geography from your region... well, anywho, figured they might interest you too. Ran into them on the street... though you'll be hard-pressed to find those particular two again... may have slain them or what not."

"See ya Tesni, thanks again for the ruby."

She looks turns her attention to the two men talking at the table.

"Vampires, here? I've only heard legends as a child. I thought it was just to keep us inside at night though. What did you use to kill them, sir?"

I turn to Mizuki and Erik.

"All these raffles are such cheats. They have predetermined people whom they give the prizes to..."

Suddenly, I realize that Erik is getting a prize.

"....As I was saying..." I trail off. Suddenly, I notice something of interest being discussed at the "noisy-heroes' table."

I enter in on the conversation, when one of the ladies had mentioned Vampires in Eubric.

"I am astonished to hear your surprise concerning the Vampires roaming Eubric," I say coolly as I slide up towards the table. They are here, I tell you so. There is even one of them among us somewhere, but I think I managed to chase him away somewhat. Thanks be to God! He was trying to pose as a hero of all things." :hmpf:

I turn to the paladin.

"You did a righteous and noble deed in defeating those devils of the netherworld. Are you, perchance, a paladin, good sir?"

Tesni smiled at the gleaming opal, it would do nicely on Mellt. She heard talk of vampires but the world was made up of all folks so she didn't engage. Drinking a draught of beer was more up her ally.

"I am astonished to hear your surprise concerning the Vampires roaming Eubric," I say coolly as I slide up towards the table. They are here, I tell you so. There is even one of them among us somewhere, but I think I managed to chase him away somewhat. Thanks be to God! He was trying to pose as a hero of all things." :hmpf:

Dreyrugr laughs in the corner. That annoying monk seems to still hate him but luckily has not noticed him. He doesn't particularly care about the hate the monk had for him. Dreyrugr starts thinking of all the times people hated him for who he was but quickly lost count.

After thumbing a piece of paper in my hands for a while, and admiring my new Pheonix Essence, I go to my old friend Haldor.

Haldor, old friend! I seem to have gotten some sort of letter from you. Something about 33 gold pieces?

"Feeling better now? So, after all that, who was it that did this to you anyway? I want to give them a medal. You look like you were out on the streets all night, this city can be nasty when it gets dark. Maybe we should go and tell Alexis that you were hurt, she might be worried about you, I don't know if you noticed her coming into the hall a while ago."

"No, not really." He gave his friend a bloody grin. "Alexis? No, she's worried about enough these days. If I'm not dying, it can wait." Althior limped down the street for a few minutes before speaking again, "Sometimes I think the world would be better without me. Or without Heroica. We risk our lives every day for what? It seems every time Heroica gets involved, people die. I've been the one to kill people some of the time, and it's haunted me. I killed maybe 10 elves when I was at the fort, I killed men when we were at Ziegfried mansion, Hinckwell villa, and Ji Pei palace. I have enough blood on my hands, and Heroica itself has more. We're no longer heroes, Haldor, we're vigilantes. I don't want to grow old and have robbed so many people of that chance..."

Mizuki goes to Erik and says "Do you want to spar ?"

I, Mizuki Kimura (zakura), would like to challenge Erik Tyrvarr (Myrddyn), to a duel!

"Did Althior refuse to fight Vampires and then side with the Wolfgang? That's what almost did Haldor in."

"No, I think he trying to cheat on me but he says otherwise."

She turns to Tesni. "Would you like to go on the Unlimited quest with me and one other? We could leave before the new Wren quest goes out."

"Vampires, here? I've only heard legends as a child. I thought it was just to keep us inside at night though. What did you use to kill them, sir?"

"No need for the sir, Cinna. Once upon a time perhaps, one day again, hopefully, but for the time being... Lord or Your Grace will suffice." Boomingham laughs heartily. "If I'm being honest, Jess and Docken dealt the final blows. They're both wonderful fighters. I think Jess is still lurking around, I just saw her Haldor a few minutes ago... or hours ago. What the Hel time is it?" Boomingham unsheathes his Frozen Saber and slams it onto the table. "This blade did most of the work. Not quite as strong as her sister, but I love them just the same."

Tesni smiled at the gleaming opal, it would do nicely on Mellt. She heard talk of vampires but the world was made up of all folks so she didn't engage. Drinking a draught of beer was more up her ally.

"Wouldn't want to trade that for a garnet, would you dear? i think you said you already had one, but worth a shot. I need an opal, and this garnet won't do me much good."

"No, I think he trying to cheat on me but he says otherwise."

Boomingham's eyes grow misty and sad. "The cheating partner. It's an old and sad tale, Alexis. Temptation is everywhere for a man, I won't deny it. All I can tell you is that you better not leave him until you're sure, and if he's cheating, he better reform his ways before it's too late." Boomingham leans in and says very solemnly, "the most important thing is to leave nothing unresolved. Make your moves now, don't expect the chance later. Fix it or let it die, but don't let it ever be a maybe. Men and women go on quests each and every day, not knowing if they'll come back or not. Don't let anything in your life haunt you like that."

"Lord...Your Grace?" Cinna lifts an eyebrow and smiles. "How about Lawrence, or Boomingham if you'd like?"

She takes a drink before continuing.

"Well that is a fine blade to be sure, not quite my taste to use blade, but I'll bet it did the job nicely. I didn't know a sword could be female though, how intersting. My broomstick is also...or rather was...a woman until she was cursed by that nasty witch Baba." Her face suddenly sours, she looks away for a moment so as not to meet Boomingham's gaze.

"Anyhow, my broomstick is Mauryl, she isn't all there. If you know what I mean? Mostly she stays in my pack, for her own safely and the safety of all our mugs of ale."

Suddenly a pink bit of smoke pops in front of her face. She stops speaking when a beautiful gold amulet on a purple ribbon drops lightly onto the table in front of her. The pink slip of paper that floats down next to it reads "Cinna the Dark". Cinna picks up the amulet in stunned silence, her mouth agape. Finally after some moments, she is able to speak again.

"The raffle, I've...I've won. This is amazing." Turning to Boomingham as if he was an old friend she'd known her whole life, she shows him the amulet. "Can you believe it Lawrence? I've never won anything before, I've always had the worst luck in life. No matter how hard I try, everything comes to me at a cost. He convinced me to come home, back to Eubric and look how the gods have smiled upon me. This is going to be a great year, I can feel it!"

She absentmindedly wipes a tear from her eye while she grips the amulet in her shaking hands.

Looking up from the prize, she spots Alexis at the table.

"Alexis, I'm sorry I didn't see you come up in my excitement."Her smile fades as Alexis and Boomingham speak. She waits for the right time, or what feels like the right time to say something to Alexis.

"You are having trouble with your man? That's just...horrible. Are you certain he is up to no good, I mean, it's not a misunderstanding or something? Last time I saw you...you guys seemed so happy. I've been gone so long, so much has changed here. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"I'll let you call me Lawrence for the time being. Boomers seems to be popular among my closer female friends. I think Nyx coined the term... wonder where that poor lass is." Boomingham looks off sadly again, but then downs and ale and continues. "Anyway, once I reclaim a Kingdom, it will be King Lawrence to you once more, just like everyone else," Boomingham winks at the young lady.

"Seems that everyone but me has had a nasty run in with a witch. It's like I say - never trust a magic user. Though it appears that all the ones in the Hall can at least hold their own in battle. And that leads me back to Nyx again. Hope nothing bad has happened to her." Boomingham digs into his dirty satchel and shows off a new garnet. "I got myself a puff of pink smoke too... wait a second..." Boomingham unsheathes his King of the Desert and slams it down on the table. He glares at it. "Here I was trying to pawn this off to Tesni, when really this beauty wanted it. I'm a fool. Too much drink muddles with the head. Be careful with that, Cinna. I've been wanting a Garnet to finish off this blade. Can't be much of a Desert claimer if it doesn't have any earth power in it, can it?" Boomingham looks up distractedly. "That is a rather nice medal you've got yourself, though. Slip it on and let's see how it looks. And who's this he fellow who told you to come back? Seems like he did us all a favor, I'd like to thank him."

She jumps when Boomingham slams yet another blade onto the table, but smiles nonetheless as he seems excited by his realization. She places the amulet around her neck and ties the ribbon tightly. Her smile widens as she feels the power from the amulet radiate through her body.

"Wow, Law...er Boomer. I feel stronger already. I'll have to be careful and keep the amulet safely tied at all times."

Taking another sip of ale, she nearly throws the mug when she lifts it, surprised by her own strength.

"Who convinced me to come back to Eubric? Why, it was Maurice, the cleric, I'm not sure if you've met him? I spent some time with him down in Mistaria recently. I was in a sort of dark place, and he walked me out of it. He is a very wise man, and very kind in his own way. Tell me, what has happened to your friend, Nyx you said? I don't think I have met her."

"Can't say I have run across a Maurice, but I'll take your word when you say that he's a decent enough chap."

"Nyx is an old travelling companion. We fought deadies out in the desert, long time ago, and then we parted ways. Last I saw her, she was off to Guard the Guards of Eubric. Silly errand, but she'd be good at it. I think she may have moved on to Dastan, though. It's like I said to Alexis, in the Hall, you don't know when you'll next see a person, if ever."

"Yeah, that's so true. I heard someone died on a quest, is that true? I've seen people come close but never dreamed we could die. It really makes me worry for the people I know that are out on quests right now."

"Could very well be, my dear. It turns out that life is a fleeting thing. Here one minute, gone the next." Boomingham rises and nods to all his tablemates - the two barbarians, the evoker, and the mage. "It has been a pleasure, but if I don't leave the Hall soon, I'm afraid I never will. It's off to the marketplace and then an inn of some sort. See you all soon, and if I don't, best of luck."