Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Face it Endgame. Monk Pretzel does not talk to undead, especially not undead who are posing as heroes. If Sorrow wants to converse with him he will almost certainly have to do it through someone else. I am giving you a great chance to use your creativity at conversation openers. Unfortunately, it's not working thus far.

Or I get lucky and do a critical hit on his face again! :blush:

I'm enjoying all the roleplaying going on really. I'd like a nice long talk before you decide to attack me btw Flipz :P as a roleplay.

I find it hilarious that people now WANT me to give a big long speech after the earlier issues with overly wordy roleplaying. :snicker: (Granted, the situations were somewhat different, but still :tongue: irony. )

TBH, it'd be more in character for Arthur to just open fire to get your attention, BEFORe starting a big long chat. And at this point he's doubly convinced you're evil, so it won't be a warning shot, either.

EDIT: So in other words, one round of combat, and then Alexandre would have to step in and use Diplomacy to pause the battle. Talking Is A Free Action stretches only so far, you know. :tongue::wink:

Edited by Flipz

Speaking of the Arena, how is the beta testing of the group battle going? And are the GMs planning to change wins to Arena tokens so the hero can choose what to buy?

What?!? There are tokens for winning arena battles?

Monk Pretzel rushes into the arena and defeats all enemies to collect whatever tokens are available.

I find it hilarious that people now WANT me to give a big long speech after the earlier issues with overly wordy roleplaying. :snicker: (Granted, the situations were somewhat different, but still :tongue: irony. )

:laugh: The situation IS different, and is 100% related to what is going on currently. :tongue:

Speaking of the Arena, how is the beta testing of the group battle going? And are the GMs planning to change wins to Arena tokens so the hero can choose what to buy?

We've been really busy lately, with Masked and I hosting Mafia, so we haven't gotten to the group battle yet. No, we're not planning to change them to Arena tokens anytime soon.

And are the GMs planning to change wins to Arena tokens so the hero can choose what to buy?

What?!? There are tokens for winning arena battles?

No, we're not planning to change them to Arena tokens anytime soon.

Ooopa, I really missed something here. :blush:

Ooopa, I really missed something here. :blush:

Actually, you didn't. A while back B&P suggested changing them to Arena tokens. This is just a continuation of that. :wink:

:facepalm: Again I didn't specify properly. I meant that I missed that B&P had put "change" in his post. I thought that people were receiving arena tokens at present. :dblush:

This feels like thread necromancy, replying to something from 5 pages ago, even though it was less than 24 hours...

While it would be nice to have a consistent opinion on this, I don't think their needs to be a rule about it. Some people may hold the view that elves develop at the same rate as humans and that is their creative freedom and it is not someone elses place to tell them how to role-play their character. My opinion is influenced by the Lord of the Rings, where in Bilbo was considered a young lad even at 50 years old (yes I know he was a hobbit, but I think the same could be said of elves). Remember though, there is no right or wrong answer.

I think I commented before that just because someone is genetically elvish (pointy eats, eerily beautiful, +5 to agility) doesn't make them culturally elvish (being able to speak an Elven dialect, being smug and superior, being a kick-butt archer). Moreover, there are multiple elvish communities, with their own history and culture anyway (eg. Brickdoctor's Brobric elves). For elves that have been around lots of humans, 20 is grown up and adult, for others who lived among their own, they might still not be fully mature in their outlook until 50 or later. So many of the cues about age come from clothing choice and speech patterns, both of which are player controlled and don't conform well to a strict standard, even if there was one.

Anyway, that's my two gold on the topic (as a player of an elvish character who is elvish)

This feels like thread necromancy, replying to something from 5 pages ago, even though it was less than 24 hours...

I think I commented before that just because someone is genetically elvish (pointy eats, eerily beautiful, +5 to agility) doesn't make them culturally elvish (being able to speak an Elven dialect, being smug and superior, being a kick-butt archer). Moreover, there are multiple elvish communities, with their own history and culture anyway (eg. Brickdoctor's Brobric elves). For elves that have been around lots of humans, 20 is grown up and adult, for others who lived among their own, they might still not be fully mature in their outlook until 50 or later. So many of the cues about age come from clothing choice and speech patterns, both of which are player controlled and don't conform well to a strict standard, even if there was one.

Anyway, that's my two gold on the topic (as a player of an elvish character who is elvish)

That was less than 24 hours ago? Oh, right.

That totally makes sense. Different species have different ages. But I was just proposing that elf players write actual years next to their alter-ego elf maturity.

Gosh...the more I think about Arthur's outlook and actions, the more I realize just how screwed the rest of the party will be once Wren shows up. :head_back::devil:

Gosh...the more I think about Arthur's outlook and actions, the more I realize just how screwed the rest of the party will be once Wren shows up. :head_back::devil:

Wren showing up? :distressed::enough:*huh*

Tempted to defect to the dark side already? :devil:

Don't try to predict how Wren will react to anyone. Or where she might be when. The whole point of Wren is that you can't do that to her. :tongue:

Another Question for the Interim:

This is sort of a continuation of my last question. I asked which heroes we really want to see together. Those are doable, for the most part, especially if this game runs long. However, something else that's on my mind that we'll probably never get to see... BUT, which NPCs do you most want to see all hanging together in one quest? Should Gurnam meet Baba? Should The Order of the Crimson Crown Haroka join forces and crush Eubric? Should Jensen and Moranis have a show down? Or perhaps we want to see the Heads of all the Houses in one quest (this is the only one that I think is possible and I really want to see now that we've met almost all of them!). Alrighty, let's hear it!

This isn't quite the same thing but I was going to ask JimB if I could use Atticus as the Maginastra in Quest#32, as I really liked that character. In the end I thought he might have plans for his own character later on. I still don't think he was totally defeated.

That was less than 24 hours ago? Oh, right.

That totally makes sense. Different species have different ages. But I was just proposing that elf players write actual years next to their alter-ego elf maturity.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here.

Should I write that I (chromeknight) am 36? That info is available on my profile.

Should I write that Nerwen acts like a woman in her mid-twenties? That can be found out by interacting with her.

Or that she had been alive for 261 actual years in the world of Heroica?

Should I write that Nerwen has a daughter who is nearly 100 herself, that she's been 'married' (well contacted would be a better word, but sounds more impersonal and mechanical) so that the analogy with a 20 something human doesn't quite hold, she has so much more life experience than that.

Nerwen is an adult by the standards and mores of her home community, but not an 'elder' by a long stretch. But writing all this in my signature or profile robs others of the opportunity to actually ask and interact...

Edited by Chromeknight

Don't try to predict how Wren will react to anyone. Or where she might be when. The whole point of Wren is that you can't do that to her. :tongue:

I'm not even predicting what Wren will do. I'm predicting what Arthur will do if exposed to that degree of power. :devil:

I honestly can't see any way that Wren can piss Arthur off enough to convince him to attack her. Especially given certain things about his backstory.

Although it's probably not a good idea for me to try to predict Arthur, either, all things considered. After all, I thought he was going to end up (nearly) killing De'kra, and then that fight sorta got cancelled. :head_back:

I'm not quite sure what you mean here.

Should I write that I (chromeknight) am 36? That info is available on my profile.

Should I write that Nerwen acts like a woman in her mid-twenties? That can be found out by interacting with her.

Should I write that Nerwen has a daughter who is nearly 100 herself, that she's been 'married' (well contacted would be a better word, but sounds more impersonal and mechanical) so that the analogy with a 20 something human doesn't quite hold, she has so much more life experience than that.

Nerwen is an adult by the standards and mores of her home community, but not an 'elder' by a long stretch. But writing all this in my signature or profile robs others of the opportunity to actually ask and interact...

Such as, Alexandre le Chevalier, 20 year old male elf, (40 elf years) I meant for Alexandre to be a human twenty year old, but in elf years, (if they live twice as long) he is 40.

I just saw your EDIT, and I understand. It just might be helpful to those who are confused if you are an elder, or actually a mid-age person.

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

This isn't quite the same thing but I was going to ask JimB if I could use Atticus as the Maginastra in Quest#32, as I really liked that character. In the end I thought he might have plans for his own character later on. I still don't think he was totally defeated.

Perhaps Atticus was/is the Maginastra's boss, (or one of several bosses).

Such as, Alexandre le Chevalier, 20 year old male elf, (40 elf years) I meant for Alexandre to be a human twenty year old, but in elf years, (if they live twice as long) he is 40.

Years are years.

If Alexandre has been alive for 40 years, it should say 40 on his profile. If that means (to you) he acts like a twenty year old, that's up to you as a player to bring out in his interactions an reactions to stuff.

Although it's probably not a good idea for me to try to predict Arthur, either, all things considered. After all, I thought he was going to end up (nearly) killing De'kra, and then that fight sorta got cancelled. :head_back:

...aaand I prove my own point to myself two seconds after I say it. :wacko::tongue: It's rather spooky playing a character when they go and do that to you. :snicker::look:

OoC: Someone watched the Avengers. :laugh:

Yeah, I had to miss meeting Oky to do it, though. :cry_sad:

TBH, it'd be more in character for Arthur to just open fire to get your attention, BEFORe starting a big long chat. And at this point he's doubly convinced you're evil, so it won't be a warning shot, either.

EDIT: So in other words, one round of combat, and then Alexandre would have to step in and use Diplomacy to pause the battle. Talking Is A Free Action stretches only so far, you know. :tongue::wink:

Don't worry, as soon as Arthur releases any friendly fire, Skrall is going to jug him as he is endangering the mission of the Party (Lawful Neutral all the way!).

Don't worry, as soon as Arthur releases any friendly fire, Skrall is going to jug him as he is endangering the mission of the Party (Lawful Neutral all the way!).

If it comes to that; like I just said, Arthur suddenly did something out of the blue that I didn't expect, which may actually prevent PvP. (Though the Magic Burst thing is still in effect.)

Though in a way it is sort of creepy that he's calmly asking Luke/Skrall whether or not he should try to kill Alexandre and/or Knyghton, even though Luke and Skrall have no way of knowing that's his intention. :laugh:

Flipz! Stop your epic RP! :sing: You're going to put me in the hospital because this drama is literally increasing my heart rate. :laugh:

Years are years.

If Alexandre has been alive for 40 years, it should say 40 on his profile. If that means (to you) he acts like a twenty year old, that's up to you as a player to bring out in his interactions an reactions to stuff.

Years are years, but time is relative. A twenty year old human has been on earth as long as a twenty year old elf, but they age completely different. I saw a program on television of how a guy in space went back in time or something. Since he was out of earth's atmosphere, (and gravitational pull) he aged slower. So when he came back to earth, he was different. Suppose he was born on the date 1-1-1960, 1:03 PM, and another person was born EXACTLY the same time. Both were born the same, experienced the same amount of years, but one's age is different.

Battle of the Pointy Hats-Round One

You know technically you could have killed De'kra, he just would have come back to life immediately after the battle. After that he would have constantly quoted Lhikan around Arthur, excusing for grammer of course. Luckily you didn't, as I only know so many quotes from my favorite red and golden Toa. (Boo Tahu with Golden Armor)

Also, why must all of you tempt me with hints of Quest 31? Especially describing it with the word "epic?"

Edited by Tanma

Years are years, but time is relative. A twenty year old human has been on earth as long as a twenty year old elf, but they age completely different. I saw a program on television of how a guy in space went back in time or something. Since he was out of earth's atmosphere, (and gravitational pull) he aged slower. So when he came back to earth, he was different. Suppose he was born on the date 1-1-1960, 1:03 PM, and another person was born EXACTLY the same time. Both were born the same, experienced the same amount of years, but one's age is different.

Ah, that has to do with relativity and near-lightspeed travel. Basically, if you travel at the speed of light, time will pass normally for you, but everyone else around you would appear to age extremely rapidly. Meanwhile, from an outward observer's perspective, you'd barely seem to age at all.

time dilation is a crazy thing, though, so I understand how you could be confused. Just know it has nothing to do with biological and psychological aging, and probably won't come into play in a fantasy setting. :wink:

Battle of the Pointy Hats-Round One

You know technically you could have killed De'kra, he just would have come back to life immediately after the battle. After that he would have constantly quoted Lhikan around Arthur, excusing for grammer of course. Luckily you didn't, as I only know so many quotes from my favorite red and golden Toa. (Boo Tahu with Golden Armor)

Also, why must all of you tempt me with hints of Quest 31? Especially describing it with the word "epic?"

Sorry! :blush: But here's another one: :devil:

Flipz! Stop your epic RP! :sing: You're going to put me in the hospital because this drama is literally increasing my heart rate. :laugh:

Well, depending on how everyone reacts to what just happened...your heart might not be the only one that stops. :devil: