Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

"What? Nothing on the quest board? No fields of glory?" I run to whoever is in charge of the quests and tell him to sign me up for the next quest or fields of glory, or whatever is first.

Yep, we've been enduring a bit of a general dearth on quests lately. Give it a bit of time, though - there are a good handful of lowbies in the Hall, and there'll likely be a quest up fairly soon. :classic:

I thought italicizes were unofficially recognized as marking a character's "thoughts"? :wacko::look:

Yep, we've been enduring a bit of a general dearth on quests lately. Give it a bit of time, though - there are a good handful of lowbies in the Hall, and there'll likely be a quest up fairly soon. :classic:

I thought italicizes were unofficially recognized as marking a character's "thoughts"? :wacko::look:

I assumed Lind was looking at Gabriel, and Gabriel could tell Lind was judging him/read his face. I figured he'd have an idea or two about what Lind could be holding against him (Pretzel's mention of time crunch + he said something that made him look bad.)

I just wrote it at Gabriel being observant, but if you would rather not, I'll edit it out."

Edited by Endgame

I use italics to distinguish between normal speech and actions. Writing a character's thoughts while potentially interesting to a reader, never communicates anything to another character, so I tend to show what my character is thinking rather than telling you. :shrug_oh_well:

I assumed Lind was looking at Gabriel, and Gabriel could tell Lind was judging him. I figured he'd have an idea or two about what Lind could be holding against him (Pretzel's mention of time crunch + he said something that made him look bad.)

I just wrote it at Gabriel being observant, but if you would rather not, I'll edit it out."

No, I was just checking to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding what was going on.

I use italics to distinguish between normal speech and actions. Writing a character's thoughts while potentially interesting to a reader, never communicates anything to another character, so I tend to show what my character is thinking rather than telling you. :shrug_oh_well:

Gotcha.

Pretty much. That, and if a PC goes through the trouble of writing out what their character is thinking, I figure they want someone to react to it in some form.

Not to detract from the titles, titties and pussies conversation...but is the next Pandemonicon quest still on track? :sweet:

It's coming next from me, I just want to get #130 out of the way first.

As I mentioned in 139, my activity may be sparse for the next 2-3 days, just as a fair warning.

How many basic level heroes are in the hall at present?

I believe there's two Level 1 Heroes at the moment, as well as Boris, Kheyli, and Terry.

How many basic level heroes are in the hall at present?

Quintessa! Please make a quest for her, somebody! I can't wait to get to play as her. :grin:

But only a doofus gives themselves titles...or a narcissistic megalomaniac.

Heckz is a narcissistic megalomaniac, though.

Quintessa! Please make a quest for her, somebody! I can't wait to get to play as her. :grin:

I've got a quest I'm working on right now that hopefully will sate some peoples appetites. :classic:

But he has ACTUAL titles...

Boomingham has a bunch of made up titles and I refuse to relinquish any of them. :devil:

Boomingham has a bunch of made up titles and I refuse to relinquish any of them. :devil:

Like I said, narcissistic megalomaniac. :laugh:

Is Nalah's special a Persona 3 reference? :classic:

Edited by Endgame

Is Nalah's special a Persona 3 reference? :classic:

Totally! :grin:

Buys 1 Bedroll from gnomeo, and 1 Holy Bomb from Dain.

Hey Pedguin, as one of the QMs, I'm going to try and help you out a little bit.

When you purchase things from the Marketplace, you need to signify the amount of money you spend on each item (5 gold for the Bedroll and 5 for the Holy Bomb) and you also need to show the amount of money you spent in total, subtracted from your total gold count (5+5=10. 10-10=0 gold left.). That way there's no confusion over potentially buying things with money you don't own.

Also, make sure to update your stats afterwards. This is crucial. As a QM, we look at your stats to determine what you have, and if they're not up to date, how are we to know that? :wink: If you need some help, feel free to ask. :sweet:

I've taken the liberty to update your stats for you as well. :classic:

post-149770-0-76255000-1447609204.jpg

Cree (Pedguin)

27 Male Half - Moon Elven Knight

Level 1

Power: 4

Defense: 2

Health: 10/10

Gold: 0

Equipment: Blade (WP 3, greatsword), Shield (SP 2, shield)

Inventory: Potion, Holy Bomb, Bedroll

Remember to spay and neuter your pets, people!

Am I purple in that picture?

QM Note: We QMs are a picky lot. We like the name of the character and we like it bolded. Otherwise we can't tell who's signing up for quests. :wink:

Some like it named, some like it bold...