Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Why is nobody in Q100 asking for Adamantium? It'd be something like, 5,000 gold, but still. :tongue:

Why is nobody in Q100 asking for Adamantium? It'd be something like, 5,000 gold, but still. :tongue:

If only they had more gold, then they could purchase a ton of grating stones and sell them to Guts for huge profit :grin:

And it's disappointing that they can't make up their own new consumables, that's what it had sounded like from the first description :sceptic:

And it's disappointing that they can't make up their own new consumables, that's what it had sounded like from the first description :sceptic:

Dissapointing? This seems like the best shop in the entire game.

Oh Flare, is nothing ever good enough for you? :tongue:

I agree, this store is great - if anyone wants to pick up a grating stone for me, I'd give you a big ol' hug. :grin:

I'm more interested in Bright Polish--my Shadeaux Cloak says hello. :grin:

Oh Flare, is nothing ever good enough for you? :tongue:

You're one to talk :look::tongue:

Heck, the store is awesome, but I had just started thinking of some epic potions to ask one of the questees to get for me, but then you disappointed me when you said it had to already exist :tongue:

(Just kidding- i wasn't actually gonna ask, however my imagination was going on a roll :laugh:)

Edited by Flare

I'm interested in Bright Polishes too, I'm looking foward to being a Myst- I MEAN.

Me too actually, I'd love to upgrade the SP of my lovely reptilian armor :wub:

I'm interested in Bright Polishes too, I'm looking foward to being a Myst- I MEAN.

Eh, don't ever bother with BP for shields; eventually you can save up enough gold for any upgrade, and Mystic Knights earn shield upgrades pretty quickly anyway for a MUCH lower price--take the money you would have invested in Bright Polish and invest in Grand Tonics instead. If you're ever at the point where an Enchant literally will not upgrade your shield even at max Ether, you kind of don't need a better shield anyway. :poke:

Actually, I was thinking of putting it in an artifact since those can't be upgraded in any other way.

Actually, I was thinking of putting it in an artifact since those can't be upgraded in any other way.

Yes, that is the proper use for a Bright Polish. :wink: (Though now I'm curious, which one? It's usually best to upgrade an artifact that you can take with you through multiple classes, particularly the Expert ones.)

Er, I mean, the proper use for a Bright Polish is to generously donate it to me to use on my lovely cloak for triple SP value. :tongue:

Er, I mean, the proper use for a Bright Polish is to generously donate it to me to use on my lovely cloak for triple SP value. :tongue:

You silly man, you can't use polish on a cloak! :tongue:

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg Nyx (played by Pandora)

19 years old Female Human Battle Mage *Natural Respite* *Immune to Fire, Darkness, Earth, Wind, Poisoned, Confused, Hexed, Sealed, Asleep, Fast Asleep*

Robe of the Archmagi (SP:4, Max. Ether +5, protects from sealed-effect)

Bright Polish can be used on any Artifact that grants SP, but ONLY on those Artifacts that already have it (so I couldn't, for example, buy 50 Bright Polish and make my Overkill Gloves grant SP:50, though if I had 50 Bright Polish I think my Overkill Gloves would be the least of anyone's concerns :tongue: ).

Bright Polish can be used on any Artifact that grants SP, but ONLY on those Artifacts that already have it (so I couldn't, for example, buy 50 Bright Polish and make my Overkill Gloves grant SP:50, though if I had 50 Bright Polish I think my Overkill Gloves would be the least of anyone's concerns :tongue: ).

Well, let me put it this way - you'd probably have to buy those, with the Overkill gloves.

Meaning you would be nerfed out of existence and I would be ran out of town. :poke:

So... Those grating stones are cheap as chips.

I want some. :grin:

Grating stones, that is. :look: I'm good, for chips.

Agreed, whoever is in quest 100 should just buy a million grating stones and sell them all to me. to other heroes who aren't in the quest. :grin: You could make serious gold off of that.

Edited by The_Customizer

So... Those grating stones are cheap as chips.

I want some. :grin:

Grating stones, that is. :look: I'm good, for chips.

I was going to propose a totally OP joke item called "chips", but then I realized that a.)overhealing would actually be an interesting concept to explore somehow, and b.)chips should in no way be linked to the concept of "healing" of any sort, to do so would be a crime against nature. :laugh:

I was going to propose a totally OP joke item called "chips", but then I realized that a.)overhealing would actually be an interesting concept to explore somehow, and b.)chips should in no way be linked to the concept of "healing" of any sort, to do so would be a crime against nature. :laugh:

I feel like an "overheal" ability was discussed for the High Cleric... it would definitely be an interesting concept. :thumbup:

Also, Sandy mentioned that he liked to pair undead enemies with *Immune to insta-kill" (as do other QMs), which if true, kind of makes the High Cleric's SHIELD roll a little less useful... hmm...

Also, Sandy mentioned that he liked to pair undead enemies with *Immune to insta-kill" (as do other QMs), which if true, kind of makes the High Cleric's SHIELD roll a little less useful... hmm...

What is the correlation, between those two, if I may ask?

Between undead and insta-kill, I mean.

I personally try and tailor enemy immunities to their character. Enemies in heavy armor are generally immune to fragile or weakened, mages or healers are often immune to sealed, archers are immune to blinded, and enemies that are already dead I often make immune to instant kill, too.

I don't see it either, to be honest. I generally don't do anything for my undead, besides maybe immune to poison and bleeding. A zombie can be killed with decapitation. A skeleton can be crushed to death. A mummy lit on fire. I don't see the correlation myself. :shrug_confused:

I personally try and tailor enemy immunities to their character. Enemies in heavy armor are generally immune to fragile or weakened, mages or healers are often immune to sealed, archers are immune to blinded, and enemies that are already dead I often make immune to instant kill, too.

Oh I see. I do nothing of the sort. I thought maybe it was the fact that Phoenix Essences could insta-kill an undead monster (can they, actually?).

That's actually a really good approach to it, and I'm considering using it like that myself now :thumbup: - although sometimes I may make it the inverse, making armored enemies capable of being fragile. :tongue:

Although I believe Sudden Death immunity should be pretty much strictly for gameplay purposes.

Oh I see. I do nothing of the sort. I thought maybe it was the fact that Phoenix Essences could insta-kill an undead monster (can they, actually?).

It was ruled Health Cores do 50 damage. I don't know if a ruling was made regarding Phoenix Essences, but I think it would work the same way.