I . . . don't see how the T. rex's eyes are any more or less blank than the other dinosaurs, or say, the dragons from Knights.

I hate stickers myself, but I figure if you leave them unapplied, you get a nice Skycrane to join your construction vehicles.

It's probably just me with the eyes. And you are right about the Skycrane, but I'm willing to bet some of those stickers are designed to keep some of the pieces together.

Personally I'm really looking forward to this theme, in fact its probably the only theme I'll get every set of next year. Dino Island and Dino Attack were great sets, and despite the odd color scheme for Dino, these look even better.

Also, thanks to Alyvin, if you click here you can see slightly larger and much more clear pictures of the sets, including the headquarters.

Cheers,

Zar

I was right about it being Lavatraz-ish. I wonder how they will make it so that the kids can make the T-Rex break out, just open the doors or will there be a cool feature to make it explode?

And why does LEGO always seem to have one female fig, but it always is in a big expensive set?

I thought they were done with that terrible rubbery dinosaur mold. I was wrong.

This raptor is cool.

The towers need more SNOT.

The guy in red is weird, and the vehicles are too tiny.

What's with the jars of mystery substance? Is that holding the goo for the missiles?

Also judging by the buildings in the background, I wonder if the name "Dino 2012" means that there was a dinousaur apocolypse and these are the last survivors *oh2* . Probably not.

Also judging by the buildings in the background, I wonder if the name "Dino 2012" means that there was a dinousaur apocolypse and these are the last survivors *oh2* . Probably not.

It's not called Dino 2012. It's just "Dino". The "2012" in the topic title refers to when the sets come out.

It's not called Dino 2012. It's just "Dino". The "2012" in the topic title refers to when the sets come out.

Oh. Oh well.

It still comes out in 2012 so I can still hope that is the storyline (Which it probably isn't, they are mutants are something again probably).

I like this new line. :thumbup:

Not all the sets, but about the half of them. My favorites are the sets with the Velociraptor, the one with the triceratops and the headquarters. I like the new dinosaurs (exept for the red ? :sceptic: T-Rex) and think they are much better than the ones of Dino 2010. Also I like the vehicles of the Raptor and triceratops sets. So I think I like the $30, $50 and $100 sets the most. I wonder if I can afford to buy any of these larger sets. :sceptic: I think the lamest sets are the two for $10 and $20 price point, which is really sad.

This whole new line has an interesting design. The color scheme and stickers of the vehicles and aircraft remind me of the Exoforce Assault Tiger. They look good. I would bet that some of the Alien Conquest designers were involved here too. Some of the vehicles have a very similar building style and design. I think there is some kind of retro style in these vehicles too.

It's probably just me with the eyes. And you are right about the Skycrane, but I'm willing to bet some of those stickers are designed to keep some of the pieces together.

Has TLG ever done this? As far as I've seen this is something only AFOLs do (if they want to make something that would require glue or tape but want it to still be "purist"). AFOLs and cheap 3-D puzzle manufacturers, anyway. :hmpf_bad:

I hadn't counted on how teeny-tiny the Coelophysis was until I saw it in the HQ next to the raptor and T-Rex! It seems in the prelim art for its own set the various sections of the set (ATV, plants, dinosaur) are just shopped together without much care taken to maintain appropriate scale. Compare the studs on the plants to the stud on the dinosaur to see this.

Anyway, love the HQ. Much better than Lavatraz. I'm kinda curious about the new gate piece, though. Wonder if it will be more versatile than the old portcullis that used to be used for similar purposes.

Has TLG ever done this? As far as I've seen this is something only AFOLs do (if they want to make something that would require glue or tape but want it to still be "purist"). AFOLs and cheap 3-D puzzle manufacturers, anyway. :hmpf_bad:

That doesn't mean they won't start.

I am also hoping that that if this line is successful, they will have a research facility with a Stegosaurus.

Better pictures!

The base looks good so far, the brown raptor is just amazing. There's also a small dino, which is ironically just about the right size of an actual velociraptor. Lego's velociraptors in this theme are actually closer in size to utahraptors. I guess the average buyer wouldn't care though...

I hadn't counted on how teeny-tiny the Coelophysis was until I saw it in the HQ next to the raptor and T-Rex! It seems in the prelim art for its own set the various sections of the set (ATV, plants, dinosaur) are just shopped together without much care taken to maintain appropriate scale. Compare the studs on the plants to the stud on the dinosaur to see this.

The Celeophysis is in the base? I thought that was some other species.

Edited by Mikeosaurus

I've held off commenting on this line until I could see half decent pics. After taking a close look at the latest patch of photos I'm really not very impressed with the sets. I'm fine with the colour scheme and the capturing dinos setup again, but these models simply look pretty uninspired. A few of these are nearly remakes of older sets, and the new stuff (copter and HQ) don't look all that exciting. None of the building techniques appear to be particularly interesting, and I can't imagine that these are hiding any sort of elaborate functionality. Final judgment will be reserved until I see good reviews, but as of now I'm underwhelmed.

Conversely, these larger pics have me more excited for the theme. The only thing for me is that I don't think it needs as many 4x4 vehicles in it. There is a jeep or buggy alongside some of the bigger sets as well as several rugged vehicles in the mid range. The Raptor set is a pass for me when I can get a small jeep in the least expensive set and a bigger truck thing in the Triceratops set.

Standouts for me so far are the small jeep set, Pteranadon Tower, the Triceratops capture and the large HQ. I think with those 4 you'd get a good selection of dinosaurs, vehicles and environments.

Wow, these clearer images made me rethink this.

The dinosaurs are much more detailed than I previously thought. There's also some textured bits on the dinosaurs, which is nice.

The base looks fairly good. The small dinosaur is nice, and overall the base has a Power Miners-like feel to it.

The base looks great! I was already sold on the smaller 3 sets but now I might need that one as well. I much prefer the green T-rex to the red one, it looks more natural. The gates also look very useful. Nice theme TLG.

Im liking this more now that Ive seen better pics. I love the veriation in dinos, orginally I thought we would only get T-rex, Triceritops, petradon, and rapter. The Coelophysis looks great and do I see another smaller dino again in the base set? Is it just me or dose the Coelophysis in the base set look twice as small as the one in the small set? I tought the it was just a brown raptor but it has no hooked claw. Rapters look great with their neck shape and claw. Coelophysis looks very similar to the Dino attack mutant lizards, but have a long slim looking neck. Im really looking froward to building these with my son next year (if I can afford it after the Star WArs line cleans out my wallet :hmpf_bad: ).

I'm liking these more and more every time I see 'em. Well, except for the T-Rex Helicopter Transport, that is. There's some unexplainable quality about it that rubs me the wrong way, and the base is somewhat lacklustre too. Hopefully I'll learn to love them in time for the release.

Everything else is 100% :thumbup:

That base set looks fantastic! Great colour scheme on the T. Rex, but I still prefer the red one that comes with the Skycrane.

Can't say these sets do too much for me - the yellow colour scheme is a little too garish.

Of course, we may still end up with some if my son takes a fancy to them.

Looking at the base, I think I see trans neon green syringes! They look great but I hope that TLG does them like the mad scientists beaker from collectible minifigures series 4.

The base looks very good, I was expecting a little more but you can not have everything :tongue: The green-ish T-rex looks really cool. Does anyone know what the trans lime green barrels, and flick fire missiles are?

With these clearer images, the tranquiliser guns seem to feature a new clip piece rather than a new gun mould. That would be incredibly useful for gun attachments, scopes and so on.

I think all of the syringes are meant to be green or trans-green. The sets where they're not appear to have placeholder silver weapons.

That doesn't mean they won't start.

I am also hoping that that if this line is successful, they will have a research facility with a Stegosaurus.

OK, but following up on this discussion, where do you see stickers on the helicopter that seem to be holding pieces together? The ones on its "landing legs" (don't know what else to call them) each seem to cover only one 2x4 tile apiece, if they're even stickers and not prints. And even if it were just one sticker covering three 2x4 tiles on each leg, they wouldn't be holding the pieces together-- the pieces would already stay together just fine because of the 3x12 wedge plates they're attached to.

Other than that, there are three stickers visible-- the roof sticker, which goes on a 6x4 vehicle roof piece, the tail sticker, and a trapezoidal sticker that goes on a 5x7x2 Technic panel (we can probably assume there is another stickered panel and another tail sticker on the opposite side, even though we can't see them). None of these stickers seem to serve any structural purpose; they're just decoration.

So I guess I'm the black sheep here, but that base isn't really doing it for me. It doesn't look terrible, but the blocky design and rather empty-looking midsection is keeping it short of its $99 price tag imo. While I like the dinosaurs it includes, the actual model itself just seems kind of unimaginative.

Personally, I think this theme is strongest in the mid-price range. The jeep, Triceratops trapper, and chopper all look fantastic to me. :thumbup:

the tranquiliser guns seem to feature a new clip piece rather than a new gun mould.

I hope your right. I think it will make them much more useful if they are 2 seperate pieces versus just 1.

With these clearer images, the tranquiliser guns seem to feature a new clip piece rather than a new gun mould. That would be incredibly useful for gun attachments, scopes and so on.

One of the leaked pics from the Chinese website was the gun, and it looked like one whole piece, not a clip on. I hope it is a clip on though.

One of the leaked pics from the Chinese website was the gun, and it looked like one whole piece, not a clip on. I hope it is a clip on though.

I, as a hardcore SW fan, recognized that piece instantly. It is a SW blaster rifle without a scope so a new clip piece and syringe can attach to it. Now I really can't wait for these sets! :cry_happy:

I admit, I would be very disappointed if a TLG held pieces together in sets with stickers.

I am very pleased though, with the size of the compsognathus. Lego seems to have gone above and beyond to make these dinosaurs accurate.