According to this blog there will be a new theme next year that sounds very similar to Dino 2010/Attack.

Dino will be a new range introduced, with a variety of Jurassic Park style sets. This time around, the dinosaurs will be moulded, and each set includes a different dinosaur and a vehicle or location designed to trap or contain the dinosaur.

UPDATE: Set names & US prices:

5882 - Ambush Attack - $9.99

5883 - Tower Takedown - $19.99

5884 - Raptor Chase - $29.99

5885 - Triceratops Trapper - $49.99

5886 - T-Rex Hunter - $69.99

5887 - Dino Defense Headquarters - $99.99

5888 - Pteranodon Chase (store exclusive)

Discuss! :sweet:

I think that this theme will be pretty damn good. Why? Because the Dino 2010 theme was really good. I still regret that I didn't get any Dino 2010 sets. *sadface*

EDIT: I'm still a bit skeptic about these 2012 news. But it would be awesome if they are actually true.

Edited by Jouster

HELL YEAH!

That is, if it's at all similar to Dino Attack. That is, if the figs and vehicle designs are similar. That is, if we get more apocalypse stuff.

So far: :thumbup:.

Sweet! I just got the smallest of The Dino Attack/2010 sets and it was great!

I'm personally hoping for a mid-sized ($30-$50USD) Jet plane set and/or a huge Dino research base. Think of all the Dinos! :wub:

I wonder if this will be taking the place of Pharaoh's Quest for next year, since we haven't heard anything about the continuation of the theme? I liked a lot of the sets from the Adventurers Dino theme 10 years ago, but I never got into the Dino Attack line. I'm most interested in seeing the structure based sets in this rumoured theme. Bring on the pictures! (btw, thanks for sharing the news, Oky)

Please people. Right now we focus on the Dino. Dino Attack was a method of selling sets with a violent focus to bloodthirty American rugrats, everywhere else in the world it was simply known as Dino 2010 and had decidedly less stupid weapon systems.

As such we call it Dino or Dino 2012 (as that is the year it comes out) until an official release or enough leaks for us to make the call.

Also Dino Attack leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Ok :grin:

Wow, sounds like somebody has a bias against a certain theme. :tongue:

As such we call it Dino or Dino 2010 (as that is the year it comes out) until an official release or enough leaks for us to make the call.

You lost me there. Are you talking about the old or the new theme? If it's the latter, shouldn't we be calling it Dino 2012?

Wow, sounds like somebody has a bias against a certain theme. :tongue:

You lost me there. Are you talking about the old or the new theme? If it's the latter, shouldn't we be calling it Dino 2012?

It was a typo. Also no bais against.

I loved what Dino 2010 looked like, however being 16 at the time I had very limited money and no chance to buy it.

2012, lots of money, a LEGO store in the city :grin:

I do think Dino Attack is a showcase of what we the world always say about America though :grin:

Hope it's proper Dinosaurs like Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Allosaurus, Apatosaurus, Oviraptor, Gigantoraptor, Giraffatitan, Velociraptor, Plesiosaur, Iguanodon, Tyrannosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Pteranodon and a Pachycephalosaur. A proper good mix.

If this is a whole new theme, I would feel like it was a bit of a missed opportunity. :sceptic:

The dinosaur and trapping elements would be perfect for a new Pharaoh's Quest theme (Dino Quest?).

But, if my memory serves me right, Mirandir said a while back that 2012 would have a new licensed theme and a new play-theme. We know the licensed theme is Superheroes, this is probably the other one.

Also, it seems Brickenhead-town-dweller is a dinosaur-buff like me! :thumbup:

Edited by LandShark

What do they mean by moulded?

If the dinosaurs are like Dino 2010, it would be an unlikeable theme to me. If instead they are more brick-built creatures like what you see in Pharaoh's quest or atlantis, the theme would be great.

If the dinosaurs are like Dino 2010, it would be an unlikeable theme to me. If instead they are more brick-built creatures like what you see in Pharaoh's quest or atlantis, the theme would be great.

I completely agree, yet another reason I hope it's a continuation of Pharaoh's Quest. :sadnew:

I completely agree, yet another reason I hope it's a continuation of Pharaoh's Quest. :sadnew:

That would make the most sense, an extension of Pharaoh's Quest......what say Dino Quest ? :laugh:

Hope it's proper Dinosaurs like Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Allosaurus, Apatosaurus, Oviraptor, Gigantoraptor, Giraffatitan, Velociraptor, Plesiosaur, Iguanodon, Tyrannosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Pteranodon and a Pachycephalosaur. A proper good mix.

I would like to see those too, hopefully raptors and a micropachycephalosaurus (After months of trying I finally could remember that spelling.) They should be to scale as in dino attack, the raptor with that dune buggyish looking set was the size of an Allosaurus. And I hear that apatosaurus doesn't exist.

a method of selling sets with a violent focus to bloodthirty American rugrats,

I do think Dino Attack is a showcase of what we the world always say about America though
Some people could take offense to this. :hmpf: Yeah, we're the violent ones in the world. :tongue:

And I hear that apatosaurus doesn't exist.

You're thinking of Brontosaurus; Apatosaurus is what it is called nowadays :wink:

As for the theme itself, I think it sounds really interesting and if it were a continuation of the Pharaoh's Quest theme (in the same sense as the Adventurer's Dino theme) I would probably find this even more interesting.

I really hope dinosaurs are smaller and more... Lego in these new sets. More dinosaurs= more dragons for my universe! :laugh:

I fully agree. My castle universe has been lacking on dragons for quite some time.

I hope that the vehicles are still a color scheme like Dino Attack or Pharaohs Quest. Something like that or military style and I'm in.

You're thinking of Brontosaurus; Apatosaurus is what it is called nowadays :wink:

As for the theme itself, I think it sounds really interesting and if it were a continuation of the Pharaoh's Quest theme (in the same sense as the Adventurer's Dino theme) I would probably find this even more interesting.

Wait, what? I hear brontosaurus is really called apatosaurus, but scientists put the wrong head on the wrong body so apatasaurus also doesn't exist. Oh well, what do I know? :wacko:

Please people. Right now we focus on the Dino. Dino Attack was a method of selling sets with a violent focus to bloodthirty American rugrats, everywhere else in the world it was simply known as Dino 2010 and had decidedly less stupid weapon systems.

As such we call it Dino or Dino 2012 (as that is the year it comes out) until an official release or enough leaks for us to make the call.

Also Dino Attack leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Ok :grin:

Violent? Bloodthirsty? Yeah, because violence, riots and looting never happen in the UK...

^Uncalled for.

Yeah. I have big hopes that this is a sequel to Pharaoh's quest. Like the old adventurer's dinosaur adventures.

Here's hoping we get something comparable to the chopper from the original Dino Attack! That was a sweet vehicle :wub: .

(edit) This theme based on the description reminds me more of the Adventurers theme then the Dino Attack theme.

Edited by Sirius Black