Klaus-Dieter

2012 City sets

New ranger hat for the police looks cool as do the new 1 x 2 brick-patterned piece (if LUGBULK runs again in 2012, I bet a LOT of clubs are going to order the 1 x 2 brick piece)

Some nice new heads there as well.

And is that a new roof piece on the small police car?

As for the sets, that large police helicopter reminds me a lot of a Chinook (not particularly interested in buying it though)

The police station could be interesting.

The small police car is GREAT and the quad bike could also be good depending on the final set.

The generic vehicles, the motorbike transport is cool, must get that (is that dark bley or light bley for the roof, I am hoping for light bley)

the wheelbarrow is great, not so sure about the truck though.

The caravan has some nice parts (torsos, blue windscreen, new curvy bumper bar part on the front of the car)

The recycle truck looks like a good parts pack (all that green :)

The ambulance is also good.

Just when I thought 2012 would be a cheap year, LEGO surprises again.

The sets look good, It's nice to see some new vehicles in the City line. My favorite is the big police helicopte. The rest of the sets are also good, but the fact that we had a fesh police theme last year makes me a little, unoptimistic about these ones

Yeah, me too. Like the new police chopper, looks like a Chinook. :tongue: I will probably be getting all of the sets in the general vehicles sub theme, the rest of the police series without the police pursuit set are also on my list. The fire sets, must have excluding the ATV are a must have for me. 2012 is a good year for City, hope the Apocalypse wouldn't happen. :laugh:

As disappointing as more Police sets are to me, I'm glad they've atleast gone with a different type of Police Theme.

I Love the 4WD with the quad bike & the Helicopter & Bear in the Police Station Set.

As for the other sets, I love most of them but don't quite get what the orange truck is supposed to be, or rather what the point of it is. I Love the Ambulance design & the Recycle Truck. The Car with the Campervan is also interesting, not as exciting as I would have hoped, but not terrible. Is that a new piece for the car's roof?

Oh & I love the red Wheelbarrow....

Is that a new wheel guard in some of the sets too? It appears to be shorter! & am I seeing things, or is that a new Trans Headlight piece on the Police 4WD coming out of the Police Station?

Edited by Notorious Guf

As for the other sets, I love most of them but don't quite get what the orange truck is supposed to be, or rather what the point of it is.

I've been trying to figure that out myself. It seems to transport rocks so that it can... pour them onto the road. It's not quite a cement mixer and not quite a dump truck. It would make sense if it was collecting rocks off the road, but that doesn't seem to be what the guy with the wheelbarrow is doing.

I kind of like the similarities between the horse transport truck and the motorcycle transport truck. It makes it look as though there are brands of vehicle in the Lego world, just like there are in the real world. There have been a few vehicles like this in previous years, clones of other vehicles.

Edited by David Thomsen

The forest police - interesting station house, I do like the police car, police Ranger Rover and that helicopter.....screw that silly 6 wheel that comes with it though. :wink:

But, the five vehicle sets......two expressions....... :wub::excited:

Oh, there is the wheel barrow with that cool works truck, the garbage truck is better than the last one and the ambulance.....WOW ! :excited:

These modern designs are fantastic, well I know where about 150 bucks is going in January 2012 to.... :excited:

Quick edit - note the increased number of female figures, one in the police station, then one each of the vehicle sets minus the dump truck.

Cute factor - police Ranger Rover and ambulance have a old school Lego logo for a badge on it's radiator grille. :laugh:

Edit number two.....under the cell block...look 2x1 bricks that actually look like real bricks and mortar ! *oh2*

Edit number three.....4 wide cars are getting a single piece roof for two seater's ! :thumbup:

Edited by lightningtiger

Police stuff looks nice, although it kind of bothers me that the color scheme is so different than this year's police stuff (heavier use of blue in many cases) and that the police badge logo has been changed. Really, we were doing really well with the old one, having seen it in multiple years of Police sets and the Collectible Minifigures! Even if they wanted a new police badge logo for this one I'd rather if it had been a variant of the old one with the studs than such a generic-looking "badge with star".

That new tree piece used to attach the branches is indeed cool. The Police Dog set seems unfinished, since the "Police" stickers on it are inconsistent with the ones in the other sets, but I love the "Gold Mine" sticker that seems like a deliberate callback to the Wild West one! I hope that isn't just a preliminary design!

The new hats in the Police theme are very nice. Faces and torsos in many instances still seem preliminary. Here's hoping for a face with aviator sunglasses and a thick mustache!

The new police station is very unique compared to any and all old ones. The new brick wall relief bricks work well for it.

Now, as for the vehicle sets not connected to the Police and Fire subthemes, I'm largely impressed. The Ambulance looks nice, though I don't think that huge side window is the most realistic. The recycling truck is cool even though it bugs me that none of the "trash" seems recyclable! The camper is amazing, but a bit large-- here's hoping the size accounts for some awesome interior play value. The motorcycle transport vehicle is generic but still stylish. And the gravel truck or whatever is very realistic-looking and attractive.

I really like the new vehicles, will have to buy them all. Not sure how i feel about the forest police though.

Very impressing indeed! I'm not interested in the other lines of which we've seen leaked pictures, but this looks awesome. It's quite some time ago I bought Police (and Fire) sets (because of the colour switch: black to blue), so I don't see any reason not to buy this lovely police station. It's something refreshing and it's just a really nice building. Not similar at all with the 2005 one, so they wouldn't look bad together on a layout. :thumbup:

Finally, some very decent trees. And the vehicles also look very nice, even the helicopter is something brand new. And the civilian sets are of the same quality. The ambulance has a classic look, so does the camper. The garbage truck stands also out.

I have a LEGO town, but I don't buy that many LEGO City sets. However, the sets of 2012 have lots of variation and scream to placed in my collection. :tongue:

Uh oh, looks like the links might already be down...hope people have been saving these.

Agree. I hope it as well.....really curious about that preview picture :sing:

Ahhh, our prayers have finally been answered. :sweet: Where to begin?

1. 4440 FOREST POLICE STATION: Love the brick base, and the SUV is fantastic! The bear is great and the tree is well done too. We'll have to wait to see the interior to accurately judge the station itself, but it's not nearly as rustic as I was led to believe, which is good. I'd kinda prefer another car or something instead of another helicopter, but that's just me.
  2. 4439 POLICE HEAVY LIFT COPTER: Kinda clunky in the front, but the size is just right. The black and the yellow kind of throw it off of the traditional police color scheme, but oh well. Interesting that both the pilots are wearing life jackets. The only con is that ridiculous vehicle... maybe we can rip off the back axle and the safe and just make it a traditional quad.
  3. 4441 POLICE DOG VAN: I already have two dog units in the force so this is redundant, but that muscle car is perfect and makes this set a can't-miss. The beehive is a nice touch.
  4. 4436 POLICE PATROL CAR: Small, nothing special, but nice nonetheless. Is that a small bridge or just a checkpoint or something in the background?
  5. 4437 POLICE PURSUIT: Awesome truck. What little boy wouldn't want that truck???
  6. As for the police line as a whole, I must admit I'm a little underwhelmed by the color scheme and figs. I thought Mirandir said it would feature green, which I was really excited about. I don't hold it against him at all, and appreciate whatever info he was able to pass, but I presumed that these guys would look more like forest rangers than cops, which was wrong of me. Some of the figs almost look like Texas highway patrolmen more than anything else. It appears that the figs are placeholders until new torso prints are completed, so hopefully we'll see something then. I do like the tan hat with the blue shirt and tie. Also, someone previously said they like all the new expressions, but as hard as I looked I didn't see a new face in the entire thing. In fact, the only new torso I saw at all was the light blue female in the camper set.

Onto the Vehicles:

1. 4431 AMBULANCE: Love it!! EASILY THE BEST OF THE VEHICLES, without question. Great vehicle design and a perfect compliment of minifigs! I'm assuming the full red bodies indicate that we're going to see a new torso here-- THANK GOODNESS! The little street corner is icing on the cake.
  2. 4432 GARBAGE TRUCK: The orange recycle truck has become something of a modern classic, in my opinion, and it's hard not to be impressed by this new one in comparison of the old. Very much feels like more of the same, but I do like the rounded sides.
  3. 4434 TIPPER TRUCK: Kinda meh. Lego has pretty much perfected the large truck body and grill design, and this is a slight modification. Love the wheelbarrow.
  4. 4433 DIRT BIKE TRANSPORTER: LOVE IT!!!! Awesome Range Rover design and who doesn't love more motorcycles. Would have really loved to see some new torsos but otherwise a REALLY solid set.
  5. 4435 CAR AND CARAVAN: Kinda disappointing... Looks like the camper features the same swing-open design as the surfer camper set from '09. I guess it's only fair that we hold off full criticism until we see the interior.
  6. All in all I love the concept-- smaller sets featuring little scenes hinging on one main vehicle design. Not everything has to be a huge theme centered on one major set. I hope they continue this marketing concept in the future, as it offers the potential to fill in a lot of nice, and otherwise unexplored, niches in the city.

Unfortunately I missed the fire pics. Oh well. Things are REALLY starting to get exciting-- Thanks for the leaks!

UPDATE: Saw the Fire Pics! Also added official names and set numbers to each listing, fwiw!

1. 4208 FIRE TRUCK: Yes, very small! If there is justice in the world there's no way this should go over $12. Kinda short and 'chibi' comical on its own but agree with others that say it would be a fine fire truck for the airport.
  2. 4209 FIRE PLANE: Looks huge at first glance but it's really just the wings that make it deceivingly big. The little car looks a lot like a Jeep Wrangler-- wish the grill was gray and not red, but otherwise awesome. Pretty substantial tree too. Unsure how many figs it comes with-- usually they always show every fig outside of the vehicles, so this is unnerving that we only see one.
  3. 4207: FIRE ATV: Why the black body if everyone else has the orange jumpsuit? Hopefully this is just a placeholder. ATV is nothing we haven't seen before, although it looks like there's a dedicated chainsaw attached.
  4. As for the forest fire sub-theme, the orange jumpsuit and maroon helmet are really nice together, and distance themselves from the rest of the firemen quite well. It seems that if one were to skip the plane, he might as well skip the entire sub-theme. It really all hinges around the fire plane.

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

sh...

Could anyone help me with the forest Police Pictures?

I have the first Pictures from the Fireplan and the friends theme, but not the last pictures no ...70 and upper.

Could someone send me the pics via email?

Thanks a lot!

Markus

Edited by Markus-lego

Bummer, I missed them. Really wanted to see that police helicopter too.

Any other suggested places to look?

EDIT - I'd gladly take emails too.

Edited by Bellicose

That's cheating. :laugh:

Can you e-mail the forest police to me too please

Edited by Brickenhead-town-dweller

It sounds like both of these themes are going to be hits--I can't wait to see pictures!

(If anyone wants to email them to me, as well, I'd appreciate it--I found some pictures online, but they were all of other themes and the forest fire, which is the City subtheme I was least interested in)

Edited by Mariko

I saw the pics this morning before I went to work... I was expecting something a little more "forest-y," for lack of a better word. To me, it looks like they took the usual police theme and slapped on a few logs and bricks... and changed up the vehicles a bit. I do like the new "uniform" for the figures... the blue shirt and tan hat. But, I guess I was thinking the theme would involve more of a change of scenery (well, we do get some rocks and a bear) and different activities for the officers (more thieves to chase? yay).

Not to be critical or anything. :laugh: Just different from what I was expecting, I guess.

I do have to say this is the first time I've been slightly interested in a fire-fighting theme... probably because trees are involved. :wub:

At first glance, the city vehicles didn't seem too impressive. I was excited about the camper initially, and while nothing in the photo wowed me, I must complete my collection. I do like the look. I'll probably also get the garbage truck... would be a useful thing to have around town. :classic:

I just saw the Fire, Police, and Vehicle sets and I'm not at all impressed by the Fire and Police sets. They look very silly and very plain, I have no idea what TLG was thinking when coming up with those awful designs. I hope those aren't the final designs but they probably will be.

The traditional City vehicles are NICE, they seem to pay homage to the Classic Town sets. I will definitely be getting those five sets when they're released.

I hope the second wave includes a hospital/medical center theme to go with the ambulance...CAN'T WAIT!

Edited by typo

I think some-one had said it earlier, that when we finally see the Police/fire that we wouldn't be too impressed. As far as I could see there was only 5 figs with the police station, and it looked smaller than the current one. Hopefully it won't be the usual €75 price tag.

Can someone please pm me the pics as I didn't get to see any of them. Thanks

Me too, thanks!

Me too, thanks!

:cry_sad: the only theme i really wanted to see...please pm me the pics or put on a link thanx!

Just seen the pics, their still out there. :classic: Not too interested in the fire or police, but the 5 other town/classic vehicles look great especially the caravan and recycling truck! I would guess by looking most sets will have less than 200 pieces so hopefully will be similarly priced to the camper van - 7639. The new caravan reminds me of the 'vacation camper - 6590' which I still have somewhere. Happy times! :laugh: