Sign in to follow this  
Christian

New Exo-Force in 2007!!

Hope they are much more sturdy then the 06 ones.. They fall apart very Easy..

:-/

I don't remember there being so many bionicle ball-joints before...and they look so fragile...and did they take the skeleton out of the set? :'-( I like the trans neon-green ball thing, so I might get that, but for the rest I'll just Bricklink the torsos :-/

Not half bad. I don't like some of the weapons or the thinnes of the larger ones, but not half bad. I'll probably pick up most or all of them, since I still think they're good. Aquaraiders will probably spoil my budget, though. X-D

On the positive side, the small ones are sick! And I'm glad we have another quadruped as well.

BTW, since you don't like them, EXO-CHAMP, does this mean no Exo-dice stat cards? If so, then..... :-(

BTW, since you don't like them, EXO-CHAMP, does this mean no Exo-dice stat cards? If so, then..... :-(

Oh, I think he'll make stat cards for them ;-)

"If you have this mecha in play you automatically lose" :-P

It's not THAT bad. ;-)

Oh well, just a difference of opinion. Like thats anything new on this board. X-D

I think thet're nice looking. Not NEARLY as good as the 2006 set, but still... I like the first one's color scheme. Dark red and yellow. But its sword thing is a bit too much...

-Kynok

GregF said that the '06 Bionicle sets weren't clones, and they were. I don't his opinion means much.

No, he said the canisters weren't clones. Plus, the small sets technically aren't clones considering they are two completely different body builds, Matoran and Rahi.

Regarding better set pictures...

Yep, the Humans all look bad now.

And of the Robots,

Claw Crusher looks best,

the Quadruped thing looks... not so great, but I want it anyway because it probably converts to a Black Swift(gate assault alternate) pretty easily with those big black wing pieces from the legs...

and the Condor? (robots big mech) ... has really bad wing construction... thats a single technic rod holding it on...

Intersting notes:

look at Claw Crusher's chest, the tile says 'exo-code' maybe this is a prototype pic? the tile should really have either a barcode or the set number on the final version...

also, look at the knees, they dont bend. Last year's mini sets had click hinge knees, this guy seems to have a technic angle connector instead.

The '07 stes are clearly not as good as the 06 one. Lego seems to drag costs down by inserting more and more meta pieces.

I was realy happy when I saw the first exo-force sets. Good use of "old" and normal pieces, not much bionicle pieces. But the 07 serie disapoint me somewhat. Also they look quite thin and not as menacing as the 06 mechas.

And... where did the lightbrick go ? costs down, costs down... :-(

So my conclusion for Lego : For the next exo-force sets , make a little effort and come with something more in the spirit of '06 and don't try to quick cash and ruin a realy good franchise.

Those sets would make a good explanation of the word ugly IMO (beside one or two)

Those sets would make a good explanation of the word ugly IMO (beside one or two)

ok... this is the second time we agree with each other... X-D this really must be ugly ... :-P

I'm very curious as to why people are calling these ugly and awful now when we've seen the box art for several weeks now. Do you think the box art made all of the difference? Just curious.

Yeah, of course they do. The boxes show the model in a dramatic light.

the box art hid a lot of the ugly details. for eg, the sky guardian has some technic plate protruding out of its arms. the sword looks cheap vs the box art which seemed to imply that it might be a light up inaka sword. but the actual set photo showed the sword as the cheap part that it is. no light up.

the blade titan looks like a skeletal figure of click joints. not much armor compared to the 2006 version. the cyclone defender has white plates instead of light grey which i thought blend in better with the dark green than white was.

the shadow crawler's accent was shown as trans-green in the box art and instead became lime-green in the actual set which looks absolutely horrible. only the claw crusher and the iron condor actually look anything like the box art. that's why i think they were disappointing.

was shown as trans-green in the box art and instead became lime-green in the actual set

Okay, I see what you are saying. I swear I don't work for LEGO and I'm just trying to facilitate discussion...

I think we're assuming that these new pictures are the final set pics. Where did they come from? They look like prototype pics to me. As someone already pointed out the exo-codes aren't there in the newer pics and some of the brick colors are different. I think the box art may reflect the more completed product and that the newer pics may have been used for non-marketing purposes just to show the entire model, notice they are not posed. They are almost purposely spread-eagle non-posed.

Also, I do notice they are not as bulky looking as the first wave, but I think that is kind of cool, they have tiny waists and broad shoulders, like a body builder. The Blade Titan is shown in the newer pics with the "door" open, so I think that may be why it looks less bulky. I also prefer the technic ball joint ankles as opposed to the "just fall in place" method of the original wave.

As long as I'm on a roll, I will say that they should look good non-posed in prototype pictures. After all, when I was growing up the only box art was a picture of the actual set on a blue backdrop. But I think these newer pics actually pre-dated the final product and box art and we should withhold any further judgement until we see catalog pics that we can identify the colors and dimensions of cheesy swords better.

I agree with the observations made so far, but I still think these are going to be great products. I do admit to being an eternal optimist when it comes to LEGO, not so much that I could defend Town Jr, the first Slave 1 or Galidor, but I do think Exo-Force is one of the best things to happen to LEGO in a long time. I think once we see big clear pics of these sets that aren't digitally manipulated or plain and small we'll get a better idea of their quality. I can't believe I'm still writing this...

I'll have to think about that.

I buy the models, so they can be tested in combat. I'm not liking these models at all. A step down from the originals.

I agree with the observations made so far, but I still think these are going to be great products. I do admit to being an eternal optimist when it comes to LEGO, not so much that I could defend Town Jr, the first Slave 1 or Galidor, but I do think Exo-Force is one of the best things to happen to LEGO in a long time. I think once we see big clear pics of these sets that aren't digitally manipulated or plain and small we'll get a better idea of their quality. I can't believe I'm still writing this...

I can. You're just looking at the big picture, and not just on the problems of the sets (which is, IMO, how to respond). I wholy agree with you. ;-)

I'll have to think about that.

If not, then once again, I will be glad to help, since I will most likely purchase at least some of them. ;-)

I can. You're just looking at the big picture, and not just on the problems of the sets (which is, IMO, how to respond). I wholy agree with you. ;-)

Thank you!

I'll probably only get the mini SV and Cyclone Defender, the rest just seem disappointing beyond belief.