XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Don't exactly understand why the stormtrooper on Endor is the same print as the Sandtrooper. But maybe the stormies in that scene were dirtier than I remember? I was of the opinion that Echo Base was a pretty good likeness of several scenes, especially with the bacta tank and recovery bed, so don't count on me to have a very precise memory of how things appeared. :sceptic:

Loving the new Jedi Interceptor set and the new X-Wing, as well as the figs in each.

Don't exactly understand why the stormtrooper on Endor is the same print as the Sandtrooper. But maybe the stormies in that scene were dirtier than I remember? I was of the opinion that Echo Base was a pretty good likeness of several scenes, especially with the bacta tank and recovery bed, so don't count on me to have a very precise memory of how things appeared. :sceptic:

Loving the new Jedi Interceptor set and the new X-Wing, as well as the figs in each.

The Droid Escape set has a truncated speeder bike, you might be confusing him for a Endor stormtrooper.

Because there aren't a whole lot of play features available there. It'd be a hard sale.

It'd sell better, of course, if it was full of cool Jedi minifigs, but that would go against TLG's tried and true method of dispersing figures across all the sets available so that you'll buy them all to get all the figures you want.

Well if Lego released it as the famous sacking of the temple scene and included Anakin, a few stormies, a new Jedi and 2 or 3 younglings I bet you it would sell like hotcakes :wink:

Ah, has anyone considered the fact as Lego are launching a whole new set of themes that the new Star Wars sets might be left until February ? :wink:

That might be another reason why the Star Wars sets haven't appear yet even just one or two on the S@H site like some of the city, Ninjago and brand new Super Heroes have popped up there. :wink:

I hope that doesn't happen even though it wouldn't matter that much really. Whatever happens the collectors would still buy them.

Don't exactly understand why the stormtrooper on Endor is the same print as the Sandtrooper. But maybe the stormies in that scene were dirtier than I remember?

It's not. It's a new torso design that is used for both the regular stormie in the battlepack and the Sandtroopers in the Escape Pod set, but in the Escape Pod set it has extra dirt/sand printing.

Well if Lego released it as the famous sacking of the temple scene and included Anakin, a few stormies, a new Jedi and 2 or 3 younglings I bet you it would sell like hotcakes :wink:

They may do that someday, minus the younglings. TLG tries to stay away from the whole "child murder" theme. We better get back on topic though, predictions are for another thread.

Edited by StoutFiles

I'm loving everything about the Jedi Interceptor set except for the fact that R2's legs just hang out the bottom like that. :hmpf_bad: Sort of wish it was like the old model where you just attach the head. Oh well, all the pros make up for that one huge con, so I'll still get it. I'll just have to display it in a way that hides R2s hanging legs from view or mod it.

I'm loving everything about the Jedi Interceptor set except for the fact that R2's legs just hang out the bottom like that. :hmpf_bad: Sort of wish it was like the old model where you just attach the head. Oh well, all the pros make up for that one huge con, so I'll still get it. I'll just have to display it in a way that hides R2s hanging legs from view or mod it.

I'd think it'd be pretty easy to mod it so that R2 attaches that way. The main parts you'd need are 2x4 Dark Green plates, and those aren't exactly rare. :sceptic:

9495 doesn't look too bad from that angle; the lack of curvature in the head is less noticeable.

Come now, it's accurate! :sweet: (Well, to some scenes, anyway. :wacko: But we've already had that discussion.)

I must admit it was clever of them to but flick fires on the other side of the wing to even out the weirdness on the Jedi Interceptor!

And whats his face with the toilet hat seems too green... :sceptic:

Really can't wait now! :sweet:

Love that Jedi Interceptor :wub_drool:

Seems pretty similar size wise to the old ones? Is the cockpit shield printing new? However that little lava for the platforms is useless :laugh:.

Same can't be said for Anakin :sick:

Don't exactly understand why the stormtrooper on Endor is the same print as the Sandtrooper. But maybe the stormies in that scene were dirtier than I remember?

?!? :wacko:

The Droid Escape set has a truncated speeder bike, you might be confusing him for a Endor stormtrooper.

:thumbup:

The image in Grogall's post is not from the Endor set.

That Obi-Wan is by far the BEST Obi-Wan EVER! I rarely get this excited over minifigs, but this one is just perfect. I love the fact that the beard has almost no detail, it feels really LEGO-ish. Also, the double sided head is perfect!

Am I the only one noticing that the Commando Droids are no longer all-brown?

Also, it appears I was right about Obi-Wan's hair.

Edited by The Legonater

On the issue of the R2 socket thing on the Jedi interceptor: I like that they tried to give it some symmetry by putting a bulge on the right side as well, but the addition of the flick-fire missiles looks a bit odd. I think that it would benefit from just having the bulge (to keep it symmetrical) without the missiles. The missiles do, however, provide an additional play feature for the kiddies.

EDIT: (Having been beat to Obi-Wan's new hair realization) I really do love the new hair. I think it's much better than the Clone Wars version and complements the new face well. I wonder how it works with the CW version of Obi-Wan. Maybe they'll use this on the CW season 3 updated version of Obi if/when they release him.

Edited by Cad Bane

I reverse engineered set 9494 Anakin's Jedi Interceptor in LDD using the pictures provided by grogall.

9494.png

LXF File

I cannot guarantee that this model is fully correct. There may be color or piece mistakes, especially where I could not see from the pictures. However, this can be used to see roughly what the shape of the ship is from different angles. In this build I used 284 bricks, a small amount if this set is supposed to be marketed at $40.

In this build I used 284 bricks, a small amount if this set is supposed to be marketed at $40.

Hoth Wampa Cave is a $40 set with only 297 pieces, so it falls in line with what we should expect.

Why will minifig count cause a hike in price :look:?

On the second hand market, because of the "collectabilitly" of minifigs I can easily understand this, but why for Lego?

A lot of people make construction toys like lego these days. There USP and IP is the classic design of the minifig and with the sharp evolution in design and detail recently they are fully aware of what the consumer buys the product for primarily or at the very least it has a strong bearing which sets they buy

Edited by surrideo

Why will minifig count cause a hike in price :look:?

On the second hand market, because of the "collectabilitly" of minifigs I can easily understand this, but why for Lego?

Minifigs cost a lot more for Lego to make than regular bricks so the more minifigs in a set, means a higher cost to produce that set which means a higher selling price for that set.