madoka

Batman coming back

DC Heroes are great, but now I just think about The Flash. He's the plainiest character here, without the vehicle or a real headsquarter. And since the new theme is called Super Heroes, then let's hope about something like the way back Silver Age and Golden Age :laugh:.

Looks like a cool theme. I just wasn't intrested in the Batman sets when they were out. Now I wish I had gotten them.

Well it looks like I'm going to have to buy Batman off bricklink to enter.....

It's about time!

bricklink prices for the old batman sets are just insane. Way too expensive... I mean some of the $10 sets go for over $100! That's insane.

I guess we will be seeing pictures in the next few days. I, for one, cannot wait.

I just read something in the LEGO.com press release... "Buildable characters will include Batman, The Joker and Green Lantern." Since this is mentioned separately from the minifigure characters, I'm afraid that these will be characters similar to the Construct-A-Buzz. Here's hoping they look at least OK, or if not at least have enough cool pieces to make them desirable.

Gaaaaah, all the minifigs... and I just spent a fortune on a bunch of Batman minifigs!

Anyone who is going to the Comig Con, please take loads of pictures!

And btw, did anybody notice this contest? http://www.legosuperheroes.com/

Edited by Miss Kyle

The problem is,we may see them fly off the shelfs. But will they be really expensive I bet :hmpf_bad:

I cant afford a Batcave thats £100. But I wonder when we start to see adverts and things in the magazines.

I hope we get a sneek peak thats worth it

The problem is,whats going to happen to the older Batman sets? Will they be more expensive or will they get cheaper? I mean the minifigures,if we get a Catwoman ,Robin and the Joker

and they are the same print,the value will go RIGHT down

That's a problem only for the scalpers :)

Yup, here's another link with both press releases, Marvel and DC. That is going to be one crazy amount of superheroes, but… X-Men. :wub:

Honestly, a DC line didn't make me so excited, but now that it's clear Marvel is in the mix, that is really awesome!

Yup, here's another link with both press releases, Marvel and DC. That is going to be one crazy amount of superheroes, but… X-Men. :wub:

Honestly, a DC line didn't make me so excited, but now that it's clear Marvel is in the mix, that is really awesome!

:wub: :wub: Marvel is in it too? Squee!

I can get Spider-man miifigure after all!

And there is Iron man included as well???? :laugh:

There's a new Batcave coming???

The problem is,whats going to happen to the older Batman sets? Will they be more expensive or will they get cheaper? I mean the minifigures,if we get a Catwoman ,Robin and the Joker

and they are the same print,the value will go RIGHT down

Lego will certainly make sure that the new figures are different from the old ones. As for the old sets - there will be renewed interest in this line with many new collectors joining the bandwagon. Many of them are probably completists willing to shell out some serious money for whatever they don't have - so I'm expecting to see the Batcave and Arkham Asylum go the way of Cloud City (financially :wink: ).

Great to hear that Marvel characters are included, by the way.

Cheers

Frank

Great news!! Well this surely opens a lot of possibilities. I hope the series will also have enough attention to the actual sets. After all there is a risk that the sets will be far too minifig oriented, while a set like Arkham Asylum would be great as such. We'll see.

Wonder Woman had an invisible jet and if we get Superman, Clark Kent and Lois Lane wouldn't be far off......maybe ? :wink:

Perhaps this might get tied into Cartoon Network.....maybe a new modern copy of this

Super_Friends.jpg

Brick On ! :grin:

I'm thinking we will at least get a Fortress of Solitude and perhaps some sort of Daily Planet set. I imagine there will be some kind of spinning wall gimmick where Clark Kent is on one side and you spin it around to do a change into Superman. I would think there will be a small set with a phone booth as well. Then you have various Lex Luther devices and vehicles. Since Lego seems to love to do helicopters I can imagine a set of some sort of helicopter rescue scene.

A set made up entirely of transparent bricks!

Okay, no way that's happening, but we can dream...

I don't see why not since that is what the jet basically needs to be. What else would they do to make the single most iconic WW vehicle. IMO they have to do it.

According to FBTB, there will also be Marvel characters.

And with that we can give a big fat :tongue: to Mega Bloks. Lego FTW! :laugh:

Edited by sharky

According to FBTB, there will also be Marvel characters.

YES! Avengers, X-Men, and Spidey! :wub: This is too good to be true! But no Fantastic Four? Oh well, maybe in a later wave.

I'm curious about the buildable characters. Buzz and Zurg were kinda meh, but at least they were good parts packs. Hopefully they do a decent job on these.

I litterally can't wait for pics! :drool:

There will be 13 new minifigures.

From Lego fan page on Facebook: LEGO Hey Zach! There will be 13 new minifigures :o) More details will come be coming soon!

(Marvel+DC)+Lego= Me with no money.

Really, that's not all that different than the way I am now. Maybe I'm not doing the math right since I'm not allowing for negative numbers...

Maybe it should be (Marvel+DC)+Lego=Me living in a hole of debt. Or a cardboard box. Hey, maybe one of the sets will come in a box big enough. :grin:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118040143?categoryid=13&cs=1&cmpid=RSS%7CNews%7CLatestNews

Warner Bros. has expanded its relationship with Lego, granting the toymaker access to DC Entertainment's complete library of comicbook characters and stories to launch DC Universe "Super Heroes" as figures and playsets.

The multi-year licensing deal, made through Warner Bros. Consumer Products, will start rolling out the new line in January, starting with 13 characters, including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and villains the Joker, Bane, Harley Quinn and Lex Luthor.

The first toys will be shown off at the Lego booth at Comic-Con Intl. in San Diego, where 3,000 exclusive Batman and Green Lantern minifigures will be distributed to launch a promo that runs August-December, enabling fans to create and submit videos, photos or illustrations of the characters to win trips to Legoland and Warner Bros. Studios.

WB and Lego had already been producing toys and videogames around the Batman franchise, and will launch a new set of playthings around next summer's "The Dark Knight Rises" through the Lego Batman collection. The "Lego Batman: The Videogame," published by WB Bros. Interactive Entertainment, has sold more than 12 million units since 2008."This partnership gives builders a chance to recreate the characters, vehicles and worlds of some of the most iconic super heroes, so they can relive the action and even customize it, a proven and winning formula in Lego construction," said Jill Wilfert, VP, licensing and entertainment for the Lego Group.

I am starting work on the decals for the people who can wait for them, i will only have super man, green lantern guy, and batman's new suit. :classic:

*stunned* if that true that there will be MARVEL aswell, that is going to be so awesome!

I will hoverer try and keep it cool, uintill i see some more proof of the marvel line.

It will be interesting to see the design on the marvel figures that Arent movie based, like the x-men cause the movie rights/design are Fox movies if im not mistaken.

Edited by deskp

Same here. This really is the best of both worlds, and we can expect that Lego's sales are going to skyrocket even further next year. :wink:

Awaiting some new great minifigs :)

And also good news, mabye some great sets on there way. We will just have to wait and see.

By my count I see 21 NO, MAKE THAT 26 minifigs initially mentioned by name on both sides of the fence...

According to this press release on the Marvel side:

The LEGO SUPER HEROES Marvel collection will spotlight three Marvel franchises – Marvel's The Avengers movie, and X-Men and Spider-Man classic characters. The LEGO Marvel's The Avengers movie line brings such ever popular Marvel characters as Iron Man, The Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Loki and Black Widow to LEGO minifigure form. The LEGO X-Men collection includes minifigure comic versions of Wolverine, Magneto, Nick Fury and Deadpool, while the LEGO Spider-Man sets offer minifigure comic versions of Spider-Man, and Doctor Octopus. The first buildable characters in the LEGO SUPER HEROES collection are highlighted by Captain America, The Hulk and Iron Man. Select figures will be unveiled in the LEGO booth (#2829) during Comic-Con International at the San Diego Convention Center July 21-24.

And according to the Variety story dropped earlier today regarding the DC characters:

The multi-year licensing deal, made through Warner Bros. Consumer Products, will start rolling out the new line in January, starting with 13 characters, including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and villains the Joker, Bane, Harley Quinn and Lex Luthor.

UPDATE!... The Superhero Hype story breaking the Marvel stuff names additional DC characters, taking us all the way to 26 figures!!!!

The new LEGO DC Universe SUPER HEROES collection will feature 13 iconic super heroes in LEGO minifigure form, including: Batmanâ„¢, Robinâ„¢, Catwomanâ„¢, The Joker, The Riddlerâ„¢, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinnâ„¢, Bane, Bruce Wayne, Supermanâ„¢, Lex Luthorâ„¢ and Wonder Womanâ„¢. Buildable characters will include Batman, The Joker and Green Lantern. Select figures will be on display in the LEGO booth (#2829) at Comic-Con International at the San Diego Convention Center July 21-24.

So, according to our sources, we have...

1. Batman
  2. Superman
  3. Green Lantern
  4. Wonder Woman
  5. The Joker
  6. Harley Quinn
  7. Bane
  8. Lex Luthor
  9. Bruce Wayne
  10. Robin
  11. Two Face
  12. The Riddler
  13. Poison Ivy
  14. Iron Man
  15. The Hulk
  16. Captain America
  17. Thor
  18. Hawkeye
  19. Loki
  20. Black Widow
  21. Wolverine
  22. Magneto
  23. Nick Fury
  24. Deadpool
  25. Spider-Man
  26. Doctor Octopus

This is obviously RIDICULOUS NEWS, the biggest license TLG has scored since Star Wars. It may even dwarf Star Wars within the first few years, especially now that we've confirmed deals with both DC and Marvel. Somebody said earlier today that it was very telling that it just said "LEGO SUPERHEROES," and that certainly proved to be the tipoff. I thought about the 70s when the Mego figures were all the rage, and they produced both DC and Marvel without any regard of exclusivity. In the end everyone will end up being a winner here... Well done, TLG!

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

By my count I see 19 initial figs on both sides of the fence...

So, according to our sources, we have...

1. Batman
  2. Superman
  3. Green Lantern
  4. The Joker
  5. Harley Quinn
  6. Lex Luthor
  7. Iron Man
  8. The Hulk
  9. Captain America
  10. Thor
  11. Hawkeye
  12. Loki