eiker86

3677 Red Freight Train

am I wrong or there are new pieces on the last cargo wagon? those 1x1 look-like-cheese-slopes but at 45° ?

the train for me is overall good, engine good, ballast wagon, not that much good, cargo good, last wagon "no".

I'm sorry, but it looks very "toy-ish". I think lego could have done something better, but anyway, it will be on my wish list!

It's nice to have a new train, but I don't like this one at all. The engine is just meh...and what's up with the lack of realistic colors? I have never seen a sparkly white train cart with green stripes! :laugh:

IMO I think this set looks quite nice, definately has to be cheaper, as mentioned possibly a simple circle with no off track. The truck looks nice too, not too sure about those wing mirrors though, look a bit naff :hmpf_bad: must change those, and I may do without the train wheels on it. It seems pretty decent but I'm still undecided. Me and my bro already have 4 trains, we don't need another one.

how are they making the connection to the reciever on that train???? or is it just plugged into the other side with the dark gray showing???? did they possibly change the plug end to a 1x2 instead of a 2x2 ???? any idea what is going on there????

So many trains, so little moneh.

EDIT: Just noticed on the loading device it has a working conveyor belt (usually the orange colour means PF)

Edited by halfpenguinhalflego

So many trains, so little moneh.

EDIT: Just noticed on the loading device it has a working conveyor belt (usually the orange colour means PF)

Maybe a Motor can hook to it. But there is nothing else PF so It may just be decoration. :sceptic:

how are they making the connection to the reciever on that train???? or is it just plugged into the other side with the dark gray showing???? did they possibly change the plug end to a 1x2 instead of a 2x2 ???? any idea what is going on there????

I suspect it's just plugged into the red channel side. If you could see the other side of the train I suspect you'd see a bit of dark grey of the plug showing. I'm pretty certain they'd not alter the PF connectors.

That train is awesome, thanks to all the members who have brought info/pics and of course confirmation :thumbup:

TLG has just lit a fire under me, I plan to get the current Cargo Train asap (before August at least) I don't know if its production cycle will end then but I am not going to risk it :grin:

This new track repair train fits in nicely with the new harbor set. For shopping list mine is getting bigger and bigger, Cargo Train, Public Transport (plus parts to powerize), Bank Transfer, and Harbor. Extra track, level crossing, marina, train station, fishing boat and might have to pick up the Farm off Bricklink.

I might have to wait on this until next year.

the subtopic description on this thread should be, we were definitely not ready for this :tongue:

Edited by Macoco

TLG has just lit a fire under me, I plan to get the current Cargo Train asap (before August at least) I don't know if its production cycle will end then but I am not going to risk it :grin:

It looks like the current cargo train is selling faster than expected, and that lego's response is to release the followup train 3677 earlier than originally planned.

My guess would be that the current cargo train will be on the market for a shorter period of time than the previous cargo train was.

It looks like the current cargo train is selling faster than expected, and that lego's response is to release the followup train 3677 earlier than originally planned.

My guess would be that the current cargo train will be on the market for a shorter period of time than the previous cargo train was.

I also think that the current cargo trains sells well.....but that could be because the separate cars and a seperate engine sells also very well. Here in the Netherlands there were/are a lot of people that bought 10 cargotrainsets and simply sold everything separate...pf stuff...track...cars....engine....crane...truck... so that was really profitable...

When i see the new 3677 cargotrain...i do not think that this will happen.. you only need one maintenancecar...so this will not sell separate.. the other cars do not look thát good, in my opinion, so i dont think that this train will meet the succes of the 7939...

Well at least i will thank TLG in advance for their new releases...keep on doing so !!! :thumbup:

Greetz, LegoSjaak (Netherlands)

I also think that the current cargo trains sells well.....but that could be because the separate cars and a seperate engine sells also very well. Here in the Netherlands there were/are a lot of people that bought 10 cargotrainsets and simply sold everything separate...pf stuff...track...cars....engine....crane...truck... so that was really profitable...

When i see the new 3677 cargotrain...i do not think that this will happen.. you only need one maintenancecar...so this will not sell separate.. the other cars do not look thát good, in my opinion, so i dont think that this train will meet the succes of the 7939...

Well at least i will thank TLG in advance for their new releases...keep on doing so !!! :thumbup:

Greetz, LegoSjaak (Netherlands)

good point about the cars in this set having little need for duplicates on a layout. they should bring out extra cars for the EN.

I hope this isn't a MOC, you can NEVER have too many lego train sets :)

We are already beyond the MOC thinking. It must be real, parts like the conveyor belt are nowhere to be found in other LEGO sets.

I'll have to purchase my Passenger train soon then, that way I can afford to get the Maersk Loco (or three) as well as this, although I think I will just be getting it for completeness as apart from the engine the rolling stock is on the most part butt ugly.

But anothor loco is always a good thing!

For my part I still plan on buying the new Passenger train, as well as the Maersk train and this new set. Fortunately I'm about to finish up all of my MOC projects, and I can save up for these three.

Someone mentioned that the set number indicates this would be an exclusive set. Exclusive to where? Any idea?

For my part I still plan on buying the new Passenger train, as well as the Maersk train and this new set. Fortunately I'm about to finish up all of my MOC projects, and I can save up for these three.

Someone mentioned that the set number indicates this would be an exclusive set. Exclusive to where? Any idea?

TRU exclusive. That means that it also be available in some other stores (depending on the country), but not in all, like other lego sets. For our country (slovenia) that usually means Muller and some online shops, but not major store chains. That annoying, because those mayor store chains usualy have large discounts and those "exclusive" ones don't.

Generally, I think that those shops which today have bank transfer and police chase will also have this new train.

Oh, you are kidding 'Cwetqo'.....TRU, oh man, they are horrible in Australia....still waiting for January exclusives to hit the shelves over a month late. :sceptic:

Dam, that means public transport set might be finished.....lucky I already have that one. :wink:

Does that mean that trains disappear from other store shelves, we are all hoping that that trains will continue.....but at TRU only.....I know lets have all us Aussie's buy them from Kiwi-land.....they need all the help they can get at the moment. :sadnew:

Edited by lightningtiger

Well, for once I expected this set ot be an exclusive. Because it was not in the retailers catalogue and we've never heard of a set like this before that, like with some other exclusive sets. This does not changes the way I think about this set, it's still awesome even though it might be a bit expensive(r?) :laugh: