jth781

My LEGO City

indexed.gif Layout

Hello Everyone Ive updated my town please see the pics starting on page 2 thanks!

5763069183_4498e13818.jpg5763614346_599d6ddb5a.jpg

5763066915_fd544ea4da.jpg

5763613310_0f1e111ba7.jpg

5763610748_0fd1f9b9c8.jpg

5763056295_2fd2ba1b70.jpg

5763588606_92ab0cc03e.jpg

Edited by Phred

Nice city jth781 default_thumbup.gif, most people who try to mix classic town and modern city sets usually go overboard by putting too much in but you've managed to find that perfect balance and that's what makes your town very nice.

Great work default_classic.gif

Very cool city. Must have some crazy high taxes to have such big emergency facilities. :tongue:

Really beautiful and big layout you've got there jth781. As the others have already said, the combination of classic town and City sets is fantastic and very successful and your layout is a perfect example on how to do that. The details you've put are also nice and you've managed to make your city look busy and full of life. That building between the Fire Brigade and the Green Grocer looks pretty impressive btw. :thumbup:

Great work and thanks for the photos. :classic:

What a wonderful city you have there 'jth781', a beautiful mix of MOC's, classic town and modern city sets with a few modulars tossed in for good measure. :sweet:

Keep going, keep adding, 'jth781' Brick On ! :grin:

I've seen many pictures of your city on flickr, jth781, and I have mixed feelings about them. I don't agree with the comments that the mix of old sets, new sets, and MOCs really works. No matter what angle you photograph it from, there always seem to be open backs of buildings facing the camera and it's got too many different building styles and vehicles that are mismatched in scale for my taste. In parts it's a result of LEGO changing the way they do things, of course. I reckon it's also because I'm not being particularly nostalgic about older sets.

On a brighter note, I like the hustle and bustle you've got going on. It looks lively with the little scenes with minifigs you have in it. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Ralph

Thanks for the commets everyone. I do agree that some of the open backs do look bad in some of the pictures espcially in the middle of the city just need to get some more bricks to make backs its in easy fix though.

You really have a lot of nice sets, jth781, ranging from the most classic town models to brand new modulars. I think it's a nice city, with lots of interesting details.

I prefer classic sets, but I definately also like the big, richly detailed modular houses. But it is hard to mix all that, as the styles are very different, though. If you take a look at your hospital, classic style, but a tall building - four floors. Approximately the same height as the modulars which are only three floors high. And so much more detailed than classic styled buildings. I would say, that they are not really made to fit together. But people mix them anyway, and I understand why. And I don't see why they shouldn't. Big cities have got big buildings - and TLG hasn't exactly made a lot of big buildings, except for the modulars. And after all, if you take a look in a city or town, houses and buildings are different. Probably the buildings are clustered by size and probably also by style (age). As builders of LEGO cities, we can do the same, just paying attention to how and where we place the different types of buildings.

When it comes to photographing the city, I don't mind the open back on the classic buildings on general pictures. But I might suggest to avoid pictures of details in the city/streets where one can look directly into a building from the back - unless it's the interior that's in focus.

Regarding the vehicles, mixing classic town and new city vehicles is also hard. The classic cars tend to look so awfully small, while some of the new trucks look awfully big when put together. But I still think it it's possible to mix at least some of them. Eventually the biggest trucks should be put on display only, as they will dwarf both classic cars as well as houses. That's at least my plan :wink:

Thats a good modern-classic town/city you got there.

I can feel the atmosmphere right to here :D

I am impressed, I love how you threw in some collectible fig's, they really fit well in the Town theme.

I am having issues remembering how to post the pictures can anyone help please sorry?

Please see the link to the tutorials in my signature and specifically for deeplinking flickr pictures, see here.

Also, please use the 'Edit' button on your first post if you have something to add.