KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Today i got the 8038 The Battle of Endor and 7676 Republic attack gunship.

New and the 7676 box is in mint condition. Battle of Endor box hade som shelf wear and som scratchings.

Got the 9490 Droid Escape at TRU @ 25% off for $16.49 with some series 6 CMFs plus a Ninjago 30086 polybag freebie so that I was able to use my $10 off $50 purchase coupon.

Btw the new 2012 sets have arrived at my TRU but I didn't buy any since they have the usual TRU markup.

7618484910_07e494f300_c.jpg

AC

Btw the new 2012 sets have arrived at my TRU but I didn't buy any since they have the usual TRU markup.

[snip]

AC

the US markup prices in the US would be a dream price down here in oz

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote images from recent posts. Thanks.

the US markup prices in the US would be a dream price down here in oz

Sadly those great prices are only for some of the older sets, I just went to my local ToysRus today and was so happy to finally see some of the new summer sets out(No Jabba's Palace or Gungan Sub) but, I was so upset to see that ToysRus was charging and extra 10-30$ on their sets :sad:. Although I was very unhappy about the prices of these sets, I ended up purchasing Palpatine's Arrest for an Extra 20$. Terrible Price but a great set, that I can only buy at ToysRus.

Sadly those great prices are only for some of the older sets, I just went to my local ToysRus today and was so happy to finally see some of the new summer sets out(No Jabba's Palace or Gungan Sub) but, I was so upset to see that ToysRus was charging and extra 10-30$ on their sets :sad:. Although I was very unhappy about the prices of these sets, I ended up purchasing Palpatine's Arrest for an Extra 20$. Terrible Price but a great set, that I can only buy at ToysRus.

I believe prices in Australia are double those in the US, so even with that extra $30 you're complaining, the TRU price would still be a discount for glendo.

Ya really that is strange! I thought that some people who ordered on the 4th didn't even get one because they sold out so fast? And for $5 only, that is a real nice pick up :thumbup:

TRU has finally started to get some of the new SW sets here. I decided to spring for the TRU Tax and get the 9497 Republic Striker to keep me entertained for the weekend. I want the Sith Fury, but will wait till the Lego store has them out so I can both get VIP points and avoid the obscene tru markup. (better than 20%!)

The Striker is both less and more than I was expecting. It's not a bad little fighter. Not as good as any of the recent OT ones, but far better than the V Wing or any of the Jedi Fighters. The minifigs are interesting. I know part of the story lore explains why the Republic Trooper forgoes a helmet. But he still really really needed one for his fig. It sits well next to any of the other SW ships. Especially if you leave the wings open. (closed seems to lack something in swoosh factor).

I can also confirm sightings of the Star Wars summer sets at TRU - Gungan Sub, Palpatine Arrest, Jabba's Palace, and Sith Fury. Given the nearest Lego store is only about a 15 minutes drive from this TRU, I'll wait on these. I was tempted on the Escape Pod set at $17, but I guess I'll save that $$$ for the summer sets.

Just picked up Jabba's Palace and Bespin Planet Set at Lego store! They didn't have any skiffs in stock yet.

I was delighted to find the new Star Wars stuff in stock this last week. I wanted to pull one of each off the shelf but I settled on the Sith Interceptor. :cry_happy:

Bought 9493 X-Wing last Friday from Argos for £39.99 the next day it was back up to £49.99 - lucky timing :grin:

Darth Vader's TIE Fighter Nr.8017 OVP

Mint condition, incl. Box & instructions ~ 50 US-Dollars.

Good bargain imho. :)

Hey, Foan, do you mean this one?

7655.jpg

If so, it was released in 2007.

Sorry for the (very) late reply, but I mean the clone wars one with the Walker. Awesome set!

So I bit the bullet and bought Jabba's Palace. I'm way too impatient at times when it comes to buying sets I really like and want.

Went to Target looking for 9465 Zombies. Found 9494 Anakins Jedi Interceptor. They had just the one left.

9498 Seasee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter. I have got a shelf full of these Jedi starfighters but I still miss a couple of them.

I managed to pick up the very last ever 8129 At-At from my local Toys R Us. It had a very bad box with a massive tear on the back. They only took 5% off it for the box! :damn: ! Oh well, at least I got an extra £5 off with a voucher and all they bags were there. :classic:

I managed to pick up the very last ever 8129 At-At from my local Toys R Us. It had a very bad box with a massive tear on the back. They only took 5% off it for the box! :damn: ! Oh well, at least I got an extra £5 off with a voucher and all they bags were there. :classic:

That's pretty cool! My gf got me my one, and I do think it is a very good system set, with a good choice of figs and neat little turret. Good job!

Haven't been on here, or with LEGO a whole lot lately, but I'd like to say I came out of my dark ages, so I splurged :tongue: I bought a couple of the Clone Battle Packs (most recent 2, 9488 and 7913) a 9491 Geonosis Cannon, 9492 TIE Fighter, a 7915 V-Wing, 7931 T-6 Jedi Shuttle, 7957 Sith Nightspeeder, 7951 Geonosian Starfighter, and 8098 Clone Turbo Tank. I also just ordered a 9414 Mandalorian Battle Pack, 7929 Battle of Naboo, 7497 Republic Striker Class Starfighter, and 9498 Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter. I'm anxiously awaiting those :thumbup:

-'Skintas