KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

I bought today Sith Nightspeeder. I really like both unique villains minifigs. Nice small set. Also on sale in Target.

Update on the Dodgy Death Star, or as it shall be now known as, the DDS.

Received a notification that it's been posted this morning, along with a tracking number.

Of course, not knowing what courier service is being used kinda hampers actually tracking the item.

But the fact that I've received notification of postage slightly puts my mind at ease about this deal.

Slightly.

More updates as they happen, film at eleven.

Received a notification that it's been posted this morning, along with a tracking number.

Of course, not knowing what courier service is being used kinda hampers actually tracking the item.

But the fact that I've received notification of postage slightly puts my mind at ease about this deal.

Slightly.

Yes keep updated as if it is legit then im sure evryone will be buying a few at that price.

Lego Advent Calendar with free shipping from Amazon.com

Gonna kill me not opening it up until Decemeber.

Hi every one just bought 8088 arc170 starfighter for 34Euro at makro [metro]clearence, cloneturbo tank 97,euro bijenkorf, and the last 7675 AT TE for 99euro , I was very lucky to find a brand new 7675 in the box for 99euro it was in the shop for many years and now its mine . :classic:

Lego Advent Calendar with free shipping from Amazon.com

Gonna kill me not opening it up until Decemeber.

Managed to pick one up on Friday when we had family day out at Legoland Windsor, they had 2 huge pallets full. So surprised they havent made a Starwars Lego ride, seems a shame as its prob their best selling series.

Slightly.

Well I was going to buy one the other day and I looked at the previous buyers and all their names were private. Smells fishy to me.

The seller of the 'Dodgy Death Star' has now made his feedback private, since he picked up some negative feedback.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=nanssdkx*230&ftab=AllFeedback

Private feedback - This member, nanssdkx*230, has decided to make his/her Feedback comments private. Feedback can still be left for this user and the Feedback ratings left are shown above in summary format. Learn more about private Feedback.

Edited by Thego

A minor Star Wars purchase in ordering Luke's Landspeeder. I threw it in with an order of big Technic sets. It seems to be a nifty little set, so I am looking forward to receiving it in a week :thumbup:

Picked up 8099 Midi Star Destroyer I already bought a second hand one off eBay but couldn't resist the temptation of Tesco's £15 price tag :sweet:

My apologies for going slightly off-topic, but if the Death Star doesn't show up then I can open a case with eBay and get my money back, right?

Yes, you have buyer's protection! :classic: Unless you sent a personal payment (gift), all your purchases are refundable. And also Ebay has implemented buyer feedback protection, so you don't have to worry about receiving a negative retaliatory feedback.

Picked up a couple of 7749 Hoth Echo Bases for £15 each on eBay, because I wanted a couple more Tauntauns to MOC a decent holding pen. Could do with another medical droid to stick in there, as per the scene in ESB. One thing I noticed in that scene is that one of the rebels in the pen appears to be dressed in a greenish uniform, very similar to the rebel commandos on Endor. It may just be my eyes, though. :sceptic:

Picked up a couple of 7749 Hoth Echo Bases for £15 each on eBay, because I wanted a couple more Tauntauns to MOC a decent holding pen. Could do with another medical droid to stick in there, as per the scene in ESB. One thing I noticed in that scene is that one of the rebels in the pen appears to be dressed in a greenish uniform, very similar to the rebel commandos on Endor. It may just be my eyes, though. :sceptic:

Another medical droid? There was only one 2-1B medical droid, he's shown multiple times but it's always the same droid. I encourage you to build FX-7 though, you can probably build one better than I did.

med2.jpg

Another medical droid? There was only one 2-1B medical droid, he's shown multiple times but it's always the same droid. I encourage you to build FX-7 though, you can probably build one better than I did.

Yep, but I want to keep that medical droid for a separate MOC of the medic bay, and display the scenes at the same time. I also picked up a 7251 Darth Vader Transformation for £5 - I'll have a look at the FX-9 and see if it needs modding.

Ordered some Gungan soldiers from Bricklink. I have enough minifigs to have a decent bettle between the Gungans and droids, now just need the vehicles!

Just finished building this beauty :D

4815562307_03cef6618e_z.jpg

I love the model, it has a clean look. Not to fond of the front though, but it's a good set nevertheless.

Following on from the cheap Death Star conversation :look: :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-10179-UCS-Millennium-Falcon-Brand-New-/160641702256?pt=UK_Construction_Toys_Kits&hash=item2566fdd970

I'm almost tempted to have a punt at this; for anyone feeling brave good luck! Actually it looks like a longterm ebayer, it just seems too good to be true....

Mods - please feel free to remove this post if it's not appropriate (apologies in advance if it is :classic: )

Following on from the cheap Death Star conversation :look: :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-10179-UCS-Millennium-Falcon-Brand-New-/160641702256?pt=UK_Construction_Toys_Kits&hash=item2566fdd970

I'm almost tempted to have a punt at this; for anyone feeling brave good luck! Actually it looks like a longterm ebayer, it just seems too good to be true....

Mods - please feel free to remove this post if it's not appropriate (apologies in advance if it is :classic: )

Its all a scam, done bit googling and came across this http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/1439/scams-on-ebay-its-the-summer-of-madness/p1

Thank god i never took a gamble, make sure you make your clain within 45days.

Its all a scam, done bit googling and came across this http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/1439/scams-on-ebay-its-the-summer-of-madness/p1

Thank god i never took a gamble, make sure you make your clain within 45days.

Thanks for the link Vassal.

I'm a little unsure of what to do next.

Do I wait until the 45 day limit is closer or do I get in touch with ebay right now and alert them to my suspicions?

The listing states that the estimated delivery date is 6 - 12 working days, so should I hang on until 12 days then kick start things?

Technically the seller of the DDS has done nothing wrong yet, so I can't really complain about anything.

Or can I?

Again, apologies for going off-topic.

Thanks for the link Vassal.

I'm a little unsure of what to do next.

Do I wait until the 45 day limit is closer or do I get in touch with ebay right now and alert them to my suspicions?

The listing states that the estimated delivery date is 6 - 12 working days, so should I hang on until 12 days then kick start things?

Technically the seller of the DDS has done nothing wrong yet, so I can't really complain about anything.

Or can I?

Again, apologies for going off-topic.

Think until ebay remove listing you have to wait a certain amount time before filing a dispute and trouble is they have provided you with a tracking number to try and stall the process but i'd wait 10 days after the day you paid then file claim but in meantime ebay will prob freeze the seller and you will get full refund.

These are my first sets, Hoth Wampa Cave and Luke's Landspeeder <removed link>.

Looking forward to buying some more!

Edited by KielDaMan
Removed link.