Man with a hat

MOC a small white modular house

I finally gotten around to finishing my first modular. I started the design more than a year ago in LDD. I stuck with white because that was the colour I thought had the best part most easily available.

Along the line I there were some small changes but now I can show it to you:

08.png12.png

It is an old style building which I hope will fit in nicely with the new Pet Shop (I still have to get that one) and my other modulars GG, FB and GE.

There is a small garden on the backside. Shielded from the neighbours by some walls.

07.png

I managed to do some interior but nowhere near to the level as I see others do. (I hope to improve on that in my next MOC)

11.png

And finally an overview of all the parts

10.png

I you are interested I also got the LXF-file: smal white house

And some more pictures can be found on: Brickshelff

I hope the pictures are clear enough. My camera and skills are not that good yet.

And of course feel free to comment. I will appreciate any feedback

Well done, Man with a Hat! I like the rounded roof a lot and the whole exterior is excellent. The garden is a nice touch, and the interior is excellent. Some more photos of the inside would be nice. Well done, and thanks for sharing!

A very good first attempt at a modular house Man with a hat! I really like the conservative but beautiful design of the exterior, as well as the clean all-white color scheme. The interiors are well done too with some nice furnishings. Good job! :thumbup:

I'm impressed - clean and simple lines - but the interior - bling ! beautiful kitchette, bedroom and loft. Though the only thing missing is a bathroom, but that's okay it is still a fantastic modular so :thumbup: to you 'Man With A Hat' and totally Brick On ! :grin:

Simple and nice. I also want to start a MOC soon. I have a question. Do we order bricks from LEGO directly or buy them from LEGO shops?

Really nice - I like how clean and conservative it is. Lovely design!

Do we order bricks from LEGO directly or buy them from LEGO shops?

There's no single answer to that, 'we' do what 'we' think is best, and it varies from person to person. Some people are members of LUGs which make bulk orders from Lego, others buy sets for parts. I use BrickLink myself, and so do many others. In most cases it's cheaper than Pick-A-Brick and you can get any part you want.

Very nice MOC! For a first time, this is impressive!

Some inspiration from Dutch architecture I guess? :wink:

That is a really nice building 'Man with a hat', with a great interior. :thumbup:

The only comment I have is that the windows would look better with grey tiles above them. The front door would also look better with windows above it.

But the curve of the roof looks great.

Well done! The front may be a bit uniform color-wise, but its structure is good, and the interior is nice and clean too. :thumbup:

I really like the roof idea. Have you used anything to strenghten the tiles as I have found on mine that they are not that strong a connection without being einforced with something? Nice idea with the garden, definately something I will try to incorporate in the future, or at least some exterior details. Overall a nice effect which I like a lot.

Thank you all for your nice comments.

That is a really nice building 'Man with a hat', with a great interior. :thumbup:

The only comment I have is that the windows would look better with grey tiles above them. The front door would also look better with windows above it.

But the curve of the roof looks great.

You may be right that some grey tiles would look better. I feel that it would spoil the clean white look of the whole building however.

But I must say that you are right about the windows above the front door. Not only are they almost always there in real life, but it will probably look better here as well.

I really like the roof idea. Have you used anything to strenghten the tiles as I have found on mine that they are not that strong a connection without being einforced with something? Nice idea with the garden, definately something I will try to incorporate in the future, or at least some exterior details. Overall a nice effect which I like a lot.

I also noticed the connection is not that strong. But I must say that I only used some extra plates to reinforce the roof. Since I don't take off the roof that often it is not really a problem.