Sign in to follow this  
Tazmaniac

Forest safe house

indexed.gif

Well not really a planned MOC, I started to build my first castle yesterday and soon run out of bricks so this is the result..... need more bricks!

The initial build time was only 4 hours but now I've lost .

The crosses in the windows are borrowed from a flickr member that I was unable to find again. If someone knows who came up with it I'd like to know.

Initial version

5692363012_8146b639f5_z.jpg

5692363436_59eb294869_z.jpg

Updated version......still a WIP?

5708190141_91713675ea_z.jpg

5708191715_8ce9d89217_z.jpg

Got milk?

5708196079_965c69fd59_z.jpg

Lots more here

Edited by Rufus
Indexed!

First of all, nice Moc, I wish i could say the same about "running out of bricks" :laugh:

I like very much the interior and the candels are just perfect, maybe the weapons should go on a rack, or armory construction more properly, the exterior is fantastic and the technics are remarkable, just a thing the walls follow the same gray pattern wich makes more difficult to admire it.

The top of the archer tower, feels strange, basically "(by the dont know how to call it)" space between the wall that enables the defenders to shoot, is very accurate, but doesnt seem so well on the Moc.

For the forestmen, i could recomend a change of pants, a brown have tried on the ones i have and seem very cool, alongside that provides variation, also to change the robin hat for some hair, the prince hair in the advent calendar fits really well, just make sure is brown, it feels better.

That would be so. IMHO and rookie opinion too. :grin:

Greetings and again nice MOC. :classic:

Cheers for the comments Niku.

The weapons are on a rack but it's hard to see in that pic. I tried to get the walls as random as possible with the few elements I decided to use but i see what you mean, again the photo fails as there is quite a lot of old grey in there too.

Looking at it now I should loose the brown line under the roof and have a few 1x2 inverted bricks on the sides.

I basically agree with Niku:there's some very nice building techniques in this MOC. I think my personal favourite are the candles. I also agree that adding more colour variety in both the bley and the brown parts would greatly enhance the overall look of the building. But overall this is definitively a good MOC!

You actually did a great job for this unplanned 4-hour MOC TM! I really like the highly-textured walls and the interiors are very well done. Pretty good work for someone who ran out of bricks. :grin::thumbup:

Really nice work TazManiac, :thumbup:

I like the overall feeling of the structure you've created with such a textured wall,

and the wood works on top of the tower looks nice although those gray round piece look a bit strange there.

The interior is also nicely constructed, well done. :classic:

the Inventor

Excellent MOC Taz. There are some great techniques in it. I like the trees and the "leg windows" a lot.

The mix of stone and wood on the interior floor is great as well IMO.

I'm not sure about the wooden tower..perhaps it would have looked better all in stone (but maybe you didn't have any bricks left).

On the other hand this is quite original. You did a good job anyway.

Cheers for all the feedback . So far the wooden tower has been re-designed in stone and the line of log bricks around the main structure have been replaced with stone and 45 degree inverted wood slopes.

More pics when I can dig out some more bricks.....may have to raid the kids rooms or part out my StarWars sets.

In only 4 hours 'Taz', good on you mate it looks fantastic. A great early church with plenty of greenery, you watch Time Team too do you ? :grin:

Brick On 'Tazmaniac' ! :grin:

After some great feedback I've decided to invest a few more hours into this MOC........so it's back to WIP.

Pics soon.

I'm glad yr still working on this one, it's such a great start - only 4 hours, are you some kind of speed builder?! (well, you are compared to me, anyway! :grin: ) Btw, i love those old style 8 brick high doors and they look perfect here. :thumbup:

Cheers Gabe I feel my speed is a curse ... It's really just a lack of patience.

I think it's looking a lot better now, it really needed those few more hours on it and I'm still tweaking here and there.

Wow, for an unfinished MOC, it looks really good. Judging by your other MOCs though, it was going to be a lot bigger and better. Hopefully you end up finishing this soon.

This is an awesome MOC, although it's a WIP. I like the walls and the interior :thumbup: .

I like this allot, dont destroy it! :( Then again I'm exceedingly partial to Forestmen. So I guess you can destroy it if its going to give greater glory to the Forestmen kingdom. Regardless its a very nice moc and I think you did a great job. One note, Uneven terrain sometimes helps when making "forest/outpost" type sanctuaries otherwise your going for the open very tall old forest... in which case you need a big tree. But if it were me, I would totally keep this together :D Well done.

First post updated !

Check it out and let me know what you think.... Do I continue?

First post updated !

Check it out and let me know what you think.... Do I continue?

Well Im the firt to write again :laugh:

Surely a great work, the extension gives more deep to the MOC, the proportions on the building IMHO are the correct ones, and the landscape is very good, also with the extention you add more action spots where the viewer can admire the details.

Well done again. :thumbup:

i totally dig huge mocs, so go ahead, expand, it's great!!

4 hours?!?!?, I'm impressed! I'm a fan of foliage in Land based MOC's, and you have just the right amount.

The building is great too, the scene looks straight out of Robin Hood or something along those lines.

Great work, keep the surprise MOC's coming!

Yes! Expand! :grin: Well, only if you want to - it's looking pretty good already. But i am enjoying watching this develop and grow. :thumbup: Idk - maybe introduce some landscape elevation, or a stream, or more foliage for that dead looking tree, or a dry stone wall...? (Just some ideas)

4 hours?!?!?, I'm impressed! snip

Cheers Big Cam but the initial build was 4 hours but now I'm well above that though it's hard to keep track of due to tweaking bits here and there and no "non-stop " building in the refining stage.

Yes! Expand! default_laugh2.gif Well, only if you want to - it's looking pretty good already. But i am enjoying watching this develop and grow. pirate_thumbup.gif Idk - maybe introduce some landscape elevation, or a stream, or more foliage for that dead looking tree, or a dry stone wall...? (Just some ideas)

Cheers Gabe, I'd thought about a few of those things but lacked the size to do them justice.

As the main structure is built in a clearing there is very little movement in the ground but if I expand I can start to build some hight in the landscape, larger trees, a stream for my fisherman/forestman.

It's amazing what you can do with 4 hours! :thumbup: I am looking forward to seeing your modifications.