r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

2 hours ago, SirBlake said:

I know you have been civilized. Just a friendly reminder. Without pointing fingers. No need to discuss here.

On 1/20/2023 at 9:25 AM, Ardelon said:

The standard series used to be 16 minifigures, 18 was reserved for certain licenses.

I could get behind your proposal, though for be the ideal would be to have all three series as non-licensed, with any licensed series being extra. It might sound ´greedy, but in this case I would be fine with 12 minfigs per series, meaning 36 non-licensed minifigs per year (+ whatever amount the licensed series would have), vs. the 48 that it used to be, so it shouldn't be that much more. Of course, there are other variables, such as production capacity, but that's why i call it my ideal solution, not necessarily optimal.

If Lego were to keep each in house series at 18 and increase the price to keep it at that, would it really be 50% more in cost? Perhaps it was less but Lego just wanted to round it off to a dozen. 

At any rate, just 12 a series is too few!!!

12 hours ago, hikouki said:

If Lego were to keep each in house series at 18 and increase the price to keep it at that, would it really be 50% more in cost? Perhaps it was less but Lego just wanted to round it off to a dozen. 

At any rate, just 12 a series is too few!!!

Yeah, I miss having 16 or more minifigures per series, licensed or not.

I kinda hope we would get Looney Tunes Series 2. We are missing Granny (with a properly small Tweety), Hazel the Witch, Bunny (in tuxedo with an Oscar trophy), Lola (in basketball attire), Foghorn, Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam, and a few more. 

I think the problem with some of the missing Looney Tunes characters is that the various "think of the children" type pressure groups mean that those characters are no longer seen as "appropriate". Elmer Fudd is inappropriate (in the eyes of these groups) because of his hunting rifle, Yosemite Sam is inappropriate (in the eyes of these groups) because of his six-shooters. Pepe Le Pew is inappropriate (in the eyes of these groups) because he is essentially sexually harassing an innocent female.

22 hours ago, jonwil said:

I think the problem with some of the missing Looney Tunes characters is that the various "think of the children" type pressure groups mean that those characters are no longer seen as "appropriate". Elmer Fudd is inappropriate (in the eyes of these groups) because of his hunting rifle, Yosemite Sam is inappropriate (in the eyes of these groups) because of his six-shooters. Pepe Le Pew is inappropriate (in the eyes of these groups) because he is essentially sexually harassing an innocent female.

Then why did they make the Office set?  That show would by today's standards as you are saying would be cancelled and is completely inappropriate.  Michael from the office would be banned.  Elmer Fudd because of hunting rifle?, then why make the Optimus prime set with a gun, Ghostbusters with weapons, The new Avatar sets, and Indiana Jones.  Your argument for not makeing Fudd, Sam, and Pepe would make no sense.  I mean Wylie tries to kill the roadrunner every time so why did they make him?  As for the weapons argument that makes no sense either as they have knights, pirates, star wars, HP, Marvel, DC, city, JP, MK, Ninjago, and Minecraft all have weapons.  As far as Pepe in the eyes of groups as you say is sexually harassing a cat,  then why make Michael and Dwight from the office, Kramer from Seinfeld, the show friends has a lot of sexual inuendo and parts in it.  I could also go on about how violent several of the DC and Marvel characters are especially in the comics.  So I think this argument with these groups is a joke just look at what lego has recently produced there is no way they are listening to these groups otherwise Lego would be cancelled already.  

23 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Then why did they make the Office set?  That show would by today's standards as you are saying would be cancelled and is completely inappropriate.  Michael from the office would be banned.  Elmer Fudd because of hunting rifle?, then why make the Optimus prime set with a gun, Ghostbusters with weapons, The new Avatar sets, and Indiana Jones.  Your argument for not makeing Fudd, Sam, and Pepe would make no sense.  I mean Wylie tries to kill the roadrunner every time so why did they make him?  As for the weapons argument that makes no sense either as they have knights, pirates, star wars, HP, Marvel, DC, city, JP, MK, Ninjago, and Minecraft all have weapons.  As far as Pepe in the eyes of groups as you say is sexually harassing a cat,  then why make Michael and Dwight from the office, Kramer from Seinfeld, the show friends has a lot of sexual inuendo and parts in it.  I could also go on about how violent several of the DC and Marvel characters are especially in the comics.  So I think this argument with these groups is a joke just look at what lego has recently produced there is no way they are listening to these groups otherwise Lego would be cancelled already.  

This! Even we have seen the earth of Vitivius in the first Lego movie when he was beheaded by Lord Business. That was a form of violence… And Alfred came with wineglass in the Batman CMF Series a few years ago and now we have a rooftop bar in Modular line’s Boutique Hotel last year.  Society somehow makes no sense. 

On 4/26/2023 at 10:22 PM, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Anyone got any ideas or wanted figures for series 25?

I STILL want a female companion to the Hippie from S7 from 2012...

On 4/26/2023 at 11:22 PM, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Anyone got any ideas or wanted figures for series 25?

I want:

1.) two-headed minifigure

2.) Oni

3.) Zombie samurai

4.) Kimono Girl (younger than the previous Kimono lady)

5.) Forest Ranger with fawn or raccoon 

16 minutes ago, The Reader said:

Which means "one goat per minifig"? :laugh:

No, it means that you get goat accessories, but no goats. :wink:

And on the topic of minifigs I would like to see?

• Modernized version of the Dragon Knights, some sort of dragonslayer
  • Modernized version of the Wolf Pack
Edited by CallMeCarbiz

4 minutes ago, CallMeCarbiz said:

No, it means that you get goat accessories, but no goats. :wink:

No, the goat is supposed to be the accessory. :laugh:

10 minutes ago, The Reader said:

No, the goat is supposed to be the accessory. :laugh:

Mowhawk goat, zombie goat, cyborg goat…

3 hours ago, williejm said:

Mowhawk goat, zombie goat, cyborg goat…

1.)  goat

2.) Zombie goat

3.) Cyborg goat

4.) Goat kid

5.) Two-headed goat

6.) Goat-fish 

7.) Gaot in trench coat with fedora hat 

8.) Car racer goat

9.) Knight goat

10.) Classic space-goat

11.) Pirate goat

12.) Rocking goat toy

13 minutes ago, Lion King said:

1.)  goat

2.) Zombie goat

3.) Cyborg goat

4.) Goat kid

5.) Two-headed goat

6.) Goat-fish 

8.) Car racer goat

9.) Knight goat

10.) Classic space-goat

11.) Pirate goat

12.) Rocking goat toy

Train conductor goat

9 hours ago, Lion King said:

1.)  goat

2.) Zombie goat

3.) Cyborg goat

4.) Goat kid

5.) Two-headed goat

6.) Goat-fish 

8.) Car racer goat

9.) Knight goat

10.) Classic space-goat

11.) Pirate goat

12.) Rocking goat toy

No Skater goat or Gamer goat?!

what about a goat suit goat?

18 hours ago, Lion King said:

10.) Classic space-goat

See how easy that was? Now nobody has to get hurt.

Puts away nunchucks

35 minutes ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

In what color tho?

All of them! A different color for every goat series! 

I know it’s too early to speculate but…I am very curious what kind fo CMF series 2024 would bring us.

I’m sure we will have one regular series and two licensed series. But what kind of licensed series, exaclty, I wonder.

Iknow there is nothing new but I just enjoy talking about random ideas for future CMF.

I hope we'll get at least one series with more minifigures. Twelve is just too little:cry2:

In my opinion, the best option for the minifigure series theme would be the Lord of the Rings. But that one should have at least 20 minifigures to do justice to the franchise. Another one I'd love would be Doctor Who.