maydayartist

Big medieval landscape: BIG UPDATE on page 26

We've asked, begged and pleaded for an overall shot of the build so far. He's being a big meanie and denying us. :tongue: Those teaser pics will have to tide you(and everyone else) over till he's done. Which better be soon!

I guess I will have to keep checking in... Which is probably what he wants! I agree; what a meanie! :laugh:

This is simply astounding! I have never seen such a creation! I water in the mouth seeing such a huge layout and awesome buildings. :wub: Great stuff, maydayartist!

If we don't get to see some 'overview' shots of this masterpiece soon, I think I'm going to cry. :laugh:

If we don't get to see some 'overview' shots of this masterpiece soon, I think I'm going to cry. :laugh:

I think that's the sentiment of everyone who has seen this thread and those pictures. I know I am. :cry_happy: :cry_happy:(added one for you, too Ogre). Although, I think that's a pretty much a sure thing that tears will fall. If he does show a overview picture, we'll all be crying tears of joy!

I think that's the sentiment of everyone who has seen this thread and those pictures. I know I am. :cry_happy: :cry_happy:(added one for you, too Ogre). Although, I think that's a pretty much a sure thing that tears will fall. If he does show a overview picture, we'll all be crying tears of joy!

Yeah, that's a pretty sure bet. LOL

how everything is awsome you already know. this is a huge amount of time and effort invested in this creation.

one question: will you ever take this moc apart? if so, how do you have enough courage to do souch a thing? :laugh: not only it will take months to do so, but also it would be a reall shame to do it.

This is really awesome! amazing! wow!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Everything is great!

But really like the medieval house!

I see that you are located in Germany.. So, you may check for inspiration reasons the city of Esslingen. Has lots of well preserved medieval buildings, higlight: medieval market, roads, church etc...

Wow and thanks for this. Have just got through the whole topic and I have to say this is top notch stuff. There is so much to see and so many cool ways of building all in one MOC.

very impressed

I want you to know that I have restart my work after another bigger break.

And for this I can give you a first quickshot on this beginning.

This step has to be done at the end of this month for the fanabriques 2012 in france.

So I have to hurry up myself and you can be sure to get new pictures in the next few weeks.

Phil

img_9892.jpg

Going back and starting at page one, over a year ago, I have just caught up to this MOC. I must say your dedication to this project is only surpassed by it's greatness. Not only in size, but in detail! Not much I can say that hasn't already been said, it was a real pleasure to see it's progression. I eagerly wait to see what is currently be ing built and what else is to come. Keep up the fantastic work default_classic.gif

I really like the way you build it that the rock is running right up to the rounded wall. :oh:

This has to be one of the awesomest rounded walls I've ever seen made out of bricks rather than plates. :thumbup:

I want you to know that I have restart my work after another bigger break.

And for this I can give you a first quickshot on this beginning.

This step has to be done at the end of this month for the fanabriques 2012 in france.

So I have to hurry up myself and you can be sure to get new pictures in the next few weeks.

Phil

*snip*

Ooh, look at all those pretty, ready to be built with bricks! :grin:

I don't suppose we could get an updated first photo? By that, I mean the very first photo on the first page. The overview of all the baseplates on a table. Pretty please. :wub:

Ooh, look at all those pretty, ready to be built with bricks! :grin:

I don't suppose we could get an updated first photo? By that, I mean the very first photo on the first page. The overview of all the baseplates on a table. Pretty please. :wub:

Sorry man but not for this time. The chapters are not connected at all, but sooner or later you will get another overview.

Here is a little update on an arch for a gate. Not really big but many changes has to be done to get this final version.

img_9895.jpg

The inside view won't be visible but the free space under the arch have to be fill to get a complete feeling.

img_9894.jpg

Phil

Great! Awesome! Amazing!

Question: where did you get those flat, one-stud, round plates?

Good to see another update after quite some time! The quality is as high as ever. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Great! Awesome! Amazing!

Question: where did you get those flat, one-stud, round plates?

Thank you (and of course all your other pushing feedback from everyone :thumbup: )

They came from my special order but I have to restrain the use of them.

The path on the ground is for testing and maybe not possible for final.

It is hard to reduce their use, they are helpful in many ways.

Phil

AMAZING..

i have spent the last hour reading every reply and every stage your build, thank you for the time and knowledge you have shared with us all.. :)

((and the many tips i have piced up from one article :D

This is looking really nice already and, even in this early stage, it can already be imagined how hard this castle/stronghold/keep will be to conquer :thumbup:

The round tower looks really good, although I think a thicker wall would give it a much sturdier appearance. Right now it looks like it'd be breached by a single, well-aimed shot :sceptic:

As for the gate, the size is fine the way it is. It looks like this is the one separating the lower keep from the upper one, so it naturally should be smaller than the maingate.

Even if it indeed is the maingate, a bigger one wouldn't really fit with the path leading up to it and it would also greatly reduce the defensive purpose it probably is supposed to have. Furthermore, a large carriage wouldn't be able to make its way up the hill either way due to the slope being too steep at some places, so there's no need for a bigger gate from this perspective, either.

Edited by Abu Dun

That archway is brilliantly designed. I saw the front and could kind of figure out how some of it was created, but then thankfully you showed us the back to see how exactly it was done. I may have to borrow that idea.

Your castle will be awesomely constructed. I wouldn't mind doing something similar, but who has the time?

I will just live vicariously through yours :tongue:

Keep up the great work!

The arch looks great! And the tiling work is amazing as well. The round 1x1 tiles fit really nicely. As usual, I'm looking forward to more pictures.

The gate is looking fantastic maydayartist. This project keeps getting better. :thumbup:

It's time for a new update.

Behind the blacksmith is a lower place for a corner tower. I have planned to build him octagonal since the construction of the hill.

And after a little time of testing the tower fits in the space ...

p1010435.jpg

... and can now be done with a better surface.

p1010445.jpg