Coooool! There's a lunch truck stationed permanently a block from my home, they don't have the coffee/hot water dispenser, that area is filled with basic condiments like pepper, chili, relish, etc.

And I don't blame them for not offering hot water, the way people here overreact to any situation, if someone splashes hot water on themselves they'd be suing the pants off the truck guys!

If you like Space Police, check-out the MOCs I made in the Sci-Fi forum :) The line ended way too soon! (Space Truck)

Edited by DrNightmare

This makes me want some kogi bbq now! I've never had the opportunity to order from one of these trucks, but I am sure it's delicious!

I am curious to see your representation of this truck in 8 wide. :thumbup:

Mmm, can't wait to see what it looks like with the stickers on.

It sounds like you've got an addiction, I have a tendency to go nuts too, join the club, Legoholics Annonymous :laugh: lol I got an image of AFOLs sitting in a circle,

Me: "Hi my name is Jack and I'm a Legoholic."

Group: "Welcome Jack, the first step is to admitting you have a problem."

Me: "Problem? I don't have a problem :look: I thought there'd be some lego here, see yas"

:grin:

I didn't reallise the coffee and hw would be in the front, our food trucks are different here across the pond :classic:

Hehe, yeah I need to start going to LA (Legoholics Annonymous). You know it's bad when your wife gets mad about your legos! :laugh::cry_sad:

As for the coffee and hot water, it's not a hard rule that they're at the front; I've only noticed it on few trucks and based my model off of that. Really, it could be anywhere or not there at all. :classic:

Great job on the food truck. Reminds me of the french fries trucks we have around here. Parking in front of the fire station is handy in case the grease catches fire. :classic:

Ooooh french fry trucks! That sounds good. My wife says there's a french fry truck in Los Angeles, but I've not tried it yet.

How did you go about designing it? It's a model I'd love to own, if you made it on LDD I'd love to get a copy!

My very first attempt was via LDD, but I didn't get far. I found that using real pieces was faster...and funner! The bummer is trying to find a brick that I had to dig out a box or dismantle another model for; in that regard, I suppose LDD is superior. I think I will try to recreate the model in LDD now that it's pretty much finalized. If I do, I'll share it.

Coooool! There's a lunch truck stationed permanently a block from my home, they don't have the coffee/hot water dispenser, that area is filled with basic condiments like pepper, chili, relish, etc.

And I don't blame them for not offering hot water, the way people here overreact to any situation, if someone splashes hot water on themselves they'd be suing the pants off the truck guys!

If you like Space Police, check-out the MOCs I made in the Sci-Fi forum :) The line ended way too soon! (Space Truck)

Will definitely check out your MOCs! I can't see the pics for your Space Truck right now; I think it's my computer though...will try to check it out at work.

Yeah, I can't believe Space Police is over. At first, I was like "that's cheezy", but then I got the Smash n' Grab set on sale and I really liked it! I like how they sort of made futuristic versions of today's vehicles - the tow truck, the lunar limo, the big-rig with cargo container. I was also able to the Galactic Enforcer for 50% off and that just blew me away with all of the play features. I can't believe the shelves in my area were clogged with such a great toy at 50% off.

Great vending truck SpacySmoke :thumbup: Looks exactly like the real thing. You did a really good job :classic:

Thanks!! :classic:

See it on Classic-Town.net

Very well done! As dr_spock said, it reminds me of the fry trucks here.

:blush: Wow. Never thought I'd see my MOC on the front page! Thank you!

This makes me want some kogi bbq now! I've never had the opportunity to order from one of these trucks, but I am sure it's delicious!

I am curious to see your representation of this truck in 8 wide. :thumbup:

You totally gotta try Kogi if you can! I usually get the bbq short rib burrito, but if it's your first time, you should try all the different types of tacos.

I have a feeling my 8 wide version will look a bit like your UPS truck! I'm trying hard not to look at your city photos because I really want to figure it out on my own, but dang! You've done such an awesome job on your vehicles (and everything else) that I may have to "borrow" some ideas. :wink:

The food truck is also at MOC Pages now. Pretty much just copied and pasted the text, so there's nothing there you haven't seen here.

Will definitely check out your MOCs! I can't see the pics for your Space Truck right now; I think it's my computer though...will try to check it out at work.

Yeah, I can't believe Space Police is over. At first, I was like "that's cheezy", but then I got the Smash n' Grab set on sale and I really liked it! I like how they sort of made futuristic versions of today's vehicles - the tow truck, the lunar limo, the big-rig with cargo container. I was also able to the Galactic Enforcer for 50% off and that just blew me away with all of the play features. I can't believe the shelves in my area were clogged with such a great toy at 50% off.

50% off!? I hate all the stores around here, no sales, EVER, the nearby Walmart had almost all its LEGO sets opened with stolen pieces and they still wanted full price for them.

Yar, that's what's so interesting about SP to me, the vehicles look like something we may actually have in the not-too-distant future. Strap some rockets on a truck and off we go!

Hope the pictures are working for you now :)

...and oops, off-topic xD

Edited by DrNightmare

My very first attempt was via LDD, but I didn't get far. I found that using real pieces was faster...and funner! The bummer is trying to find a brick that I had to dig out a box or dismantle another model for; in that regard, I suppose LDD is superior. I think I will try to recreate the model in LDD now that it's pretty much finalized. If I do, I'll share it.

Thanks! It would be very much appreciated, I'd love to have one in my town!

Excellent MOC.

I think the left door you need is a white 825. This is not a very expensive item, but there is currently only one available on BrickLink. You can also get a 825p01 or 825p02 and remove the sticker, but these old white parts are usually in pretty poor condition when sold as used...

The more commonly found 4x5 train door is probably too big for this scale.

Edited by hga09

Excellent MOC.

I think the left door you need is a white 825. This is not a very expensive item, but there is currently only one available on BrickLink. You can also get a 825p01 or 825p02 and remove the sticker, but these old white parts are usually in pretty poor condition when sold as used...

The more commonly found 4x5 train door is probably too big for this scale.

I think I did see that in my search for a better door, but yeah I wanted something that looks more like the train door you mention.

Spacysmoke - this is totally cool! Can you contact me? We run a food truck operation and would be interested in figuring out how we could replicate/brand/sell these babies... email bythejourney@gmail.com. Love to hear from you -

9611883538_c8114e0c12_z.jpg

It's been a while, but I decided to revisit my first AFOL MOC and redesign it with all of the knowledge I attained over the last three years or so.

Some things I felt were fine; for the most part, it looks the same on the outside. Most of the changes were for playability, detail and efficiency.

So what's new? Here's a brief rundown:

• New headlight/grill design. I feel this is more accurate than my old design. Note that the bumper is raised; on these types of trucks, there is usually a very high clearance between the ground and the front bumper.
  • Redesigned roof. Instead of removing just the skylights, you can now remove the entire roof which is much easier.
  • New hinged wall; this allows easy access to the interior and really makes it a fun playset. It also makes it easier to see the interior details.
  • Easier to access the driver. My first design had the driver "trapped" in; you had to take apart the roof to get the driver in or out. Now you can easily remove the roof.
  • More accurate interior with more space. I SNOTted some panels to open up the food prep area. The sink is also better integrated. Food trucks typically have these loooong cutting boards where they prep the food.

9608660243_a2d9f6726d_z.jpg

Just a basic profile shot of the truck. Thanks to the new 1x1 round tiles, I've added some drinks to the icebox.

9611893694_0a23959bdd_z.jpg

The back is the same for the most part. Here you can see the hinges for the fold-out wall.

9611893498_13eb7af4d9_z.jpg

Once you remove the roof, you can swing the side wall out and/or remove the roof for the driver compartment. Here you can see the new sink, food prep area and flat grill, all based on a real food truck layout. The snot panels really add some extra space.

9611880510_7671f692eb_z.jpg

The new improvements make it way funner to play with and access the interior.

C&C welcomed and if you are interested, it is on LEGO Ideas: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/937

Edited by SpacySmoke

Excellent changes 'SpacySmoke'......lets see how those's on Cuusoo see the changes eh ? :wink:

Great work again and Brick On 'SpacySmoke' ! :grin:

Wow. That is an excellent design. I would love to see an Official LEGO set like this one. The removable roof and swinging door adds huge playability. I like the grill/vent pieces for the floor on the inside. I'm usually not very enthusiastic about vehicles, but I really like this one. :thumbup:

You've had my vote for quite a while. I was just thinking of this MOC the other day when I was watching The Great Food Truck Race. I really hope you hit 10K, I'd buy several of this model!

Nice job on the redesign! I really like how easy it is to access the workspace now. You managed to fit a bunch of details inside, great job :classic:

Great! Although I'm not too fond of those wheels and mudguards used on town trucks, the shaping is very nice. But I especially love the interior, which is very inspiring. :thumbup:

It has my vote!

Awesome build.

Going to do a post in my LUG forum, try to give it a boost do 1000!

:wink:

Edited by BCanilho